IGNORED

Weather 30C Saturday

Homer Simpson

8 hours ago, City169 said:

Anything over 20 is already hot enough for me!

Ive been known to sleep with a window open, a fan on and on top of the duvet while it's snowing outside

You're a nipper, you haven't seen any proper snow yet. 78/79, that was snow. Although apparently, 62/63, now that was snow not 78/9 (see @slartibartfast for confirmation). And 62/3? pah! That was nothing, 46/7 (see @Aizoon or @Ivorguy or @cidered abroad) now that was snow. From Boxing Day to Easter, or something daft like that....

11 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You're a nipper, you haven't seen any proper snow yet. 78/79, that was snow. Although apparently, 62/63, now that was snow not 78/9 (see @slartibartfast for confirmation). And 62/3? pah! That was nothing, 46/7 (see @Aizoon or @Ivorguy or @cidered abroad) now that was snow. From Boxing Day to Easter, or something daft like that....

I can confirm 62/63. Started Boxing Night, didn't really thaw till middle/end of March.Record minus temps for weeks ! Brrrrr

19 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I can confirm 62/63. Started Boxing Night, didn't really thaw till middle/end of March.Record minus temps for weeks ! Brrrrr

14 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Yup, I had a gleaming new Raleigh racing bike for Christmas and couldn't go out on it for ages!

It must have been bad, I was four and can remember odd bits about it.

78/79 I was working in the middle of Taunton and remember tractors and trailers parking up on The Parade loaded up with fresh stuff like bread and milk as they were all that could get in to town. My mum told me to get what I could on my lunch break. I also remember they piled up all the snow they cleared off the roads in the Priory Bridge Road car park next to the old rugby ground and the pile was so big some of it still hadn`t melted in May!

22 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

In 1947, it started snowing on my 1st birthday, (Jan 12) and didn't melt until April.

Archived