IGNORED

*** WMP - See you in court - Important update ***

thatcham red

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wasn't  aware of this happening but I'm not surprised with WMP involved. This is the second time after the serious problems at Walsall a few seasons ago. 

The serious problems at Walsall were in the play off final decider, about 28 years ago!!

50 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The serious problems at Walsall were in the play off final decider, about 28 years ago!!

I can't remember exactly when it was but an approximate would be around 10 seasons ago. 

Two inspectors from an independent police force visited me at my home as I was witness to the WMP shocking behaviour towards City fans. I hadn't seen the police act like that since the 70s.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can't remember exactly when it was but an approximate would be around 10 seasons ago. 

Two inspectors from an independent police force visited me at my home as I was witness to the WMP shocking behaviour towards City fans. I hadn't seen the police act like that since the 70s.

Leroy Lita late winner 2-1? I was there and seen the same. I was a young lad at the time and it frightened me to see what the police were doing to City fans. Luckily I haven't seen anything like it since! 

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think that was the one when about 10 City fans were arrested in the pre match queue for nothing more than having had a couple of pints (in the Walsall social club?) and the incident when a peaceable Dad was dragged out from the front row and arrested in front of his young daughters.

I think they all eventually got off, after complaints (and even intervention from Colin Sexstone iirc.), bar one of the drinkers who had already pleaded guilty to save bother.

Dreadful incidents in themselves, but still nothing on that play off game at Felllows Park in the late '80's.

31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think that was the one when about 10 City fans were arrested in the pre match queue for nothing more than having had a couple of pints (in the Walsall social club?) and the incident when a peaceable Dad was dragged out from the front row and arrested in front of his young daughters.

I think they all eventually got off, after complaints (and even intervention from Colin Sexstone iirc.), bar one of the drinkers who had already pleaded guilty to save bother.

Dreadful incidents in themselves, but still nothing on that play off game at Felllows Park in the late '80's.

That's the game. I witnessed that dad being dragged off by the WMP and his daughters trying to intervene but got prevented by the stewards. I witnessed other shocking police behaviour but would take too long to describe. 

It was sheer number of complaints from City fans that prompted Sexstone to act.

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Trouble is, the Chief Super was borrowing it the next day to move house and he couldn`t after it got turned over. They`ve had it in for us ever since.

Let's hold out the olive branch. Give them a peace offering, maybe they'll warm to us.

I propose we crowd fund the cost of a tin opener, at least they'll be able to get in to it again. 

36 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Isn't that just as bad a generalisation as 'all football fans are trouble makers' ? 

You are possibly right, but I would contend that in a crowd of 20,000 at Ashton Gate there aren't 2,000 troublemakers, whereas within a presence of 100 police officers I would safely wager there were 10 absolute bastards.

Can I encourage anyone who was affected that day to get in touch with Stu like now. The deadline is today. 

We have a very very strong case, and some extremely credible witnesses. I can't say anymore than that whilst this is in progress but please do get in touch. 

The SC&T are funding things at the moments. 

I wish the supporters trust and the people involved in the incident all the best in getting a positive result out of this. Absolutely inexcusable behaviour from the police. I nearly experienced something similar at Millwall about 10 years ago when the plod tried to force me onto a train back to Bristol despite having plans to stay overnight in London. I had to show them my hostel booking before they let me go. Like some crime suspect.

• SC&T Board Members

Update:

The Supporters Trust has agreed to pay the Court fee of £100 for up to 10 supporters involved in the Birmingham incident on 12th September 2015. to get the case started. We have now filled that quota and met the initial deadline. 

A judge can later agree to extend this deadline for people who miss it and there is a good chance a judge will agree to do this.  So, even if you missed the deadline, it is still worth coming forward and we can possibly add you to the claim later.

20 hours ago, Cider red said:

happened at Cardiff in our relegation year, coppers are bastards.

I don't know,Fordy comes across as pretty ok!...was that the day we were all marched en masse to the station post match-regardless of where you needed to get to!. Dog handler advised me it was for my own safety,though I assured him I was safer on my own!!

58 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

I don't know,Fordy comes across as pretty ok!...was that the day we were all marched en masse to the station post match-regardless of where you needed to get to!. Dog handler advised me it was for my own safety,though I assured him I was safer on my own!!

Thanks buddy. It's like all walks of life really, you get ass holes in all jobs, the reality is that some police think they are above the law. (Without commenting on this particular incident). 

But there are some incredibly nice police officers out there, so typecasting us all as the same is a little unfair. 

So anyone subscribing to the ACAB school of though should remember that irrespective of your background, we're there for all. 

I wish the supporters club all the best in this case. I cannot wait to watch it progress. 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Thanks buddy. It's like all walks of life really, you get ass holes in all jobs, the reality is that some police think they are above the law. (Without commenting on this particular incident). 

But there are some incredibly nice police officers out there, so typecasting us all as the same is a little unfair. 

So anyone subscribing to the ACAB school of though should remember that irrespective of your background, we're there for all. 

I wish the supporters club all the best in this case. I cannot wait to watch it progress. 

And they are probably over-represented at football matches: assuming its self selecting they'll be the ones begging for the overtime.

Having said that I watched a bbc doc on youtube last week based around a Forest visit to the New Den. I really don't know how the police managed to restrain themselves from steaming into the idiots after the game.

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Best of luck with this - WMP are the only force I have fallen foul of. About time they were brought to book.

As I posted earlier I was interviewed by two inspectors at my home from an independent police force regarding the WMP at Walsall that day.

ii suppose that I wasn't the only witness interviewed and assumed that the WMP were brought to book certainly if they gave similar evidence as I did although the results of such internal police inquiries are not made public.

It was a god few years ago so maybe the WMP have forgotten especially if it was just the commander that got  disciplined and not just the ordinary PCs all of whom had their numbers covered by their shoulder lapels to avoid identification.

Archived