IGNORED

The Official Rotherham United v Bristol City match Day Thread

Hopefully won't be a melt down on here.

I think people just need to realise where we are as a club. I've posted before that our 'amazing transfer window' is probably enough to ensure we are not in a relegation dog fight, nothing more. That in turn means we are still going to drop a lot of points along the way.

Focus on 60 points.

1 minute ago, collier said:

Fans are very fickle aren't they? Bet you thought he was shit last season too. Stayed onside for the international goal he scored this week though didn't he.

Not at all. Didn't say he was shit. He didn't want to play for us so we made £8m profit on him....because he hit 20 last season obviously. I'm starting to think that people seriously expect us to challenge for promotion this season.......mental.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

We did you are right, but there should have been a replacement lined up. There was a lot of stuff in the press about interest in him, let alone what the club was aware of privately.

If Kodjia was happy here and wanted to stay I could understand the negativity getting rid of him, but surely anyone can see it was a brilliant move for us rather than keeping a sulking striker.

Everyone knows we are a bit light up front but it is what it is. We have signed a striker and he may well turn out to be a great signing, but surely people have to look at the bigger picture. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Not at all. Didn't say he was shit. He didn't want to play for us so we made £8m profit on him....because he hit 20 last season obviously. I'm starting to think that people seriously expect us to challenge for promotion this season.......mental.

Then why bother pointing out that he was offside 20 times then? I think we will end up mid table personally and always did, I never mentioned where we would end at the end of the season. Anyway we scored now so hurry up and rub it in.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

If Kodjia was happy here and wanted to stay I could understand the negativity getting rid of him, but surely anyone can see it was a brilliant move for us rather than keeping a sulking striker.

Everyone knows we are a bit light up front but it is what it is. We have signed a striker and he may well turn out to be a great signing, but surely people have to look at the bigger picture. 

No, we're losing so better to find any old stick to beat the club with even when it is totally at odds with the facts.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

When is our useless commentary team going to delve ever so slightly below the surface and question why we have so many penalty claims waved away and a Huddersfield referee ? Somewhat puzzling to put it mildly

If he's from another town nearby that also has a football league side, surely that is of no consequence whatsoever. That's like saying a Swindon ref would favour us.

• Like 1