IGNORED

The Official Rotherham United v Bristol City match Day Thread

43 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Half an hour to rescue this......look at what happened in the final few minutes of the first half at Fratton Park today, we can still turn all this possession into points!

We rescued a point and very nearly three, great character/belief among the squad, which unfortunately was not shared by all those posting on here this afty.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If Bobby Reid keeps on scoring at this rate , well , he's going to score quite a lot is n't he ? 

Well done BR for stepping up . 

Be interesting to see what happens when Korey is back, as surely Smith and O'Neil will be the go-to midfield two. Giving LJ a headache though, good to have selection troubles caused by too many players on form instead of not enough players at all!

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

As well as missing 1528 chances in a season. But, got to applaud him for carrying on and getting the goal.

He's getting into the positions. At least he's scoring unlike Freeman who everyone seems to let off each week. Fact is BR is scoring goals and getting assists, why are people slating him?

• Like 4
Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Looking at the stats, the sort of game you'd expect to win 9 out of 10 times. Today wasn't our day, it happens.

10 points from 18 is a bloody good start, having played all three relegated premier league sides.

Very true. I think that the difference is City's mental strength. We're very focussed when going behind and unruffled by our opponents blatant gamesmanship. We just need to iron out the defensive naivety and score the goals that our relentless attacking deserves. I anticipate great things this season.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Brizzol said:

Didn't watch the game but Freeman sounded good today I thought?

Amazing what a bit of competition for your place will do.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If Bobby Reid keeps on scoring at this rate , well , he's going to score quite a lot is n't he ? 

Well done BR for stepping up . 

Indeed but City easily deserved a win not a draw to take one of your other points. 

• Like 1

I'll sound really negative but don't want to be too harsh at the same time. We had a great window and are playing good football. It's ok to expect to beat teams like Rotherham. I think we are as good as most teams in this division and yes we are still gelling but the level of dominance today should have gotten us more. It doesn't always have to be happy about everything. I'm glad we got something and they done well to get a point being two down but we need to put teams like this away early and go for the jugular. A point with SW away and Derby at home in the next week isn't the best as its going to be much harder to get points from. So 3 points was needed today. Im sure the errors will be corrected. So I'm happy for the point but I think we needed 3 and I expected it. 

I wasn't there but think Flint is feeling pressure with Ekstrand now pushing him more than anyone else would've the past 3 years? I don't know if he played well or recovered from the early mistake so genially asking. 

Also I'd seriously consider fining and suspending Tomlin for this dissent rubbish. Maybe it's frustrations that it isn't going as well for him now? Tbf, he was a star for a mid table team last year. Is it unfair to expect the same in a team with quite a bit more fire power now? Kodjia is gone but I still fancy us to score more this year

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Thats his third I think.

This is why LJ has him in the team over Pack who offers a greater defensive quality but not a lot in terms of goal scoring.

Yes, perhaps, and well done to BR for getting another important goal today, but the other way of looking at that would be that if Pack played (especially away from home) we might not have to score three to win a game - or keep having to fight back from being a goal or two behind for that matter.

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Still early and I always thought he was a bit lightweight,but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong on this one if he continues as he is

This 'lightweight ' thing is a fallacy.  OK he has n't got the body strength of some but he gets a fair amount of free kicks as he is outmuscled and is a fighter , he does n't back down .

He plays the ball quickly and has good awareness, now he's scoring a few as well , he more than merits to be a starter.

• Like 2

I just want to say once more, LJ has one huge set of balls, with his team selections and especially his substitutions, I love this and his honesty, all I have ever asked from any BCFC team in my 58 years of support is that they just always give 100% and most of the second half he deployed the dreaded 3-5-2 and it sounded as if Joe Bryant in particular was ripping them a new one.

Well done LJ and the team, very proud and from where we were coming back from I will take a point, even though it could easily have been 3.

• Like 6