IGNORED

I have been summoned to Sky sports headquarters

Never to the dark side

15 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Sky have been all over Leeds in the last few years,

one year a Leeds fan came up to me at the AGM and said basicly

I wish they would cover Bristol City more,

I am fed up with Leeds having tp play on different days and moved kick off times

Sky are awful. They'll happily give a foreign manager more coverage than an English Championship club. 

Soap opera. 

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Chowie almost got it.

Derby v City at the Baseball Ground was the first ever live league match broadcast on terrestrial TV. 

City won that day 4-3 with Wayne Allison scoring for City. It was approximately 1992. 

Derby are bringing on Andy Comyn to shore up the defence... oops!

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yup, I was there on the side terrace.what a great day out - a Sunday, I believe? Now if you said that it was the first league match played on a Sunday to be broadcast live on terrestrial tv ...

That wouldn't even be correct, Spurs vs Forest in 1983 was ITV's first 'live' televised game and that was on a Sunday...

• Admin
16 hours ago, cynic said:

Wish I could give this more than one like.

Don't listen to the mean spirited and narrow minded mate - stuff 'em, you go there and do your thing.

Wow, hope that wasn't aimed at me @cynic?

My point, do Sky REALLY pick a game to show live, because someone asks for it at an AGM? 

I know @Never to the dark side personally so know more than many on here what he puts into the cause

• Admin
9 minutes ago, cynic said:

Current top 6;

Huddersfield - one game

Norwich - three games

Newcastle - four games

Brighton - three games

CITY - nowt

Birmingham - two games

Villa in 19th - four games

QPR in 13th - three games

I think Huddersfield and City have reason to be disappointed with that.

Guess it is an indication of what the viewing numbers are like for each team

• Admin

There is some god awful days and kick off times in this list, am glad we are well away from it !!

December/January EFL fixtures live on Sky Sports

Thurs Dec 1: QPR v Wolves (7.45pm)

Fri Dec 2: Nottingham Forest v Newcastle (7.45pm)

Sat Dec 3: Leeds v Aston Villa (5.30pm) 

Fri Dec 9: Brighton v Leeds (7.45pm)

Sat Dec 10: Preston v Blackburn (5.30pm)

Sun Dec 11: Derby v Nottingham Forest (12.00pm)

Mon Dec 12: Bolton v Gillingham (7:45pm)

Tues Dec 13: Norwich v Aston Villa (7:45pm)

Wed Dec 14: Wigan v Newcastle (7:45pm)

Thurs Dec 15: Coventry v Sheffield United (7:45pm)

Fri Dec 16: Norwich v Huddersfield (7:45pm)

Sat Dec 17: Birmingham v Brighton (5.30pm)

Sun Dec 18: QPR v Aston Villa (TBC  - lunchtime)

Mon Dec 26: Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm)

Tues Dec 27: Brighton v QPR (12.30pm)

Tues Dec 27: Derby v Birmingham (3.00pm)

Thurs Dec 29: Aston Villa v Leeds (7:45pm)

Sat Dec 31: Brentford v Norwich (5:30pm)

Mon Jan 2: Blackburn v Newcastle (3.00pm)

Villa game every week (twice against Leeds FFS!), 4 games for Newcastle, 3 for Forest and Brighton. Pathetic coverage of the league. The league leaders get covered once only. 18 fixtures is surely enough to get most teams covered.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Current top 6;

Huddersfield - one game

Norwich - three games

Newcastle - four games

Brighton - three games

CITY - nowt

Birmingham - two games

Villa in 19th - four games

QPR in 13th - three games

I think Huddersfield and City have reason to be disappointed with that.

It would be embarrassing for sky if Huddersfield and city were 1st  and 2nd during this period. 

26 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

It would be embarrassing for sky if Huddersfield and city were 1st  and 2nd during this period. 

Don't see us getting to second as we have a tough November, to be honest it would still be pretty embarrassing if we're in the play offs... 'we could have shown you these two in form teams in the promotion battle, instead we're going to show you this dull north west derby no one really cares about' 

On 15/09/2016 at 12:44, cynic said:

Well, he attends and also speaks up to fight our corner re televised games, can't ask for much more than that.

I seem to recall a national jounolist commenting one year on twitter that John turns up every year and fights our corner.. keep up the good work NTTDS

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Don't see us getting to second as we have a tough November, to be honest it would still be pretty embarrassing if we're in the play offs... 'we could have shown you these two in form teams in the promotion battle, instead we're going to show you this dull north west derby no one really cares about' 

On the plus side, if we do maintain form and continue to be under the radar as far as national coverage goes, that could work to our advantage.

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I seem to recall a national jounolist commenting one year on twitter that John turns up every year and fights our corner.. keep up the good work NTTDS

Team BSkyB worried over missing kit man

On Wednesday I wrote about the media company's bizarre approach to dealing with the press. With the company in the middle of a takeover battle involving major shareholder News Corp, the non-execs were hustled out of the meeting room sharpish before they could offer any unguarded comments. We can only imagine what they might have said about News Corp's 700p-per-share indicative bid.

One man who wasn't at the event to witness the goings on was a BSkyB shareholder and stalwart of at least 10 meetings known to the company as John. The investor is famous among the BSkyB AGM crowd as much for his following of Bristol City FC (he always turns up wearing the kit) as his investment in the company.

This AGM he didn't turn up.

There was so much concern I understand the press team tracked down his home number and contacted him to see if all was well. You'll be pleased to hear he simply had a prior commitments. I wonder if it was something to do with his beloved club playing QPR that evening? They drew 1–1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/citydiary/8097811/Team-BSkyB-worried-over-missing-kit-man.html

1 hour ago, h hills left shoe said:

It will be more embarrassing if/when Villa get relegated.

I can remember when Man  City  were in division 3 and they still had a half page write up every Sunday. 

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Midred said:

It will be more embarrassing if/when Villa get relegated.

I can remember when Man  City  were in division 3 and they still had a half page write up every Sunday. 

As said above, TV / Newspapers aren't sold by league position as such, they are sold by size of fanbase

• Admin
1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Team BSkyB worried over missing kit man

On Wednesday I wrote about the media company's bizarre approach to dealing with the press. With the company in the middle of a takeover battle involving major shareholder News Corp, the non-execs were hustled out of the meeting room sharpish before they could offer any unguarded comments. We can only imagine what they might have said about News Corp's 700p-per-share indicative bid.

One man who wasn't at the event to witness the goings on was a BSkyB shareholder and stalwart of at least 10 meetings known to the company as John. The investor is famous among the BSkyB AGM crowd as much for his following of Bristol City FC (he always turns up wearing the kit) as his investment in the company.

This AGM he didn't turn up.

There was so much concern I understand the press team tracked down his home number and contacted him to see if all was well. You'll be pleased to hear he simply had a prior commitments. I wonder if it was something to do with his beloved club playing QPR that evening? They drew 1–1.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/citydiary/8097811/Team-BSkyB-worried-over-missing-kit-man.html

I hope that you had a copy of that paper John ( @Never to the dark side )

Well what can I say?

I'll still be at the meeting next Thursday.

I have never seen that The telegraph article,

Although I remember one year a City fan said I had been mentioned in the Guardian paper.

So I dashed off down the shops bought a copy,but couldn't find any mention of me at the AGM.

It turned out it was a internet version of the Guardian,which I think use to get deleted or removed a few hours afterwards.

So I never saw the Guardian article.

That particular AGM(2010?) I think I got to London approx 08:00am and

I thought to myself I got loads of time and turned up at the usual time of 10:45.

Unfortunatley the meeting had started at 08:30 am and they were all well gone by 10:45am.

So there you go.

On 9/15/2016 at 23:25, allyolly said:

Didn't know that! 

Was there down the side terrace and was mental when we got the 4th. 

Roll call of others there.....?

I have a confession...........

Living in Derby then (& now)I decided to have a Derby season ticket with a mate. As I generally go to City away games only, the Derby games didn't really clash with them. So I had a home ticket to this game.

By coincidence, my employer, who had a box at the ground, offered me hospitality for that game, presumably because it was a Sunday and no customers were interested. No trainers. No jeans. No enjoying yourself.

And it was live on the telly.

So, 3 options to watch. What did I do? Pay to go in the away end of course. So glad I did. I'm sure Junior Bent got our winner with a header - bizarre. Likely that the hail of bricks coming over at the end as we left were being launched, amongst others, by my pal the other side of the fence as that's where my season ticket was. A strange day indeed.

On 06/10/2016 at 10:48, phantom said:

There is some god awful days and kick off times in this list, am glad we are well away from it !!

December/January EFL fixtures live on Sky Sports

Thurs Dec 1: QPR v Wolves (7.45pm)

Fri Dec 2: Nottingham Forest v Newcastle (7.45pm)

Sat Dec 3: Leeds v Aston Villa (5.30pm) 

Fri Dec 9: Brighton v Leeds (7.45pm)

Sat Dec 10: Preston v Blackburn (5.30pm)

Sun Dec 11: Derby v Nottingham Forest (12.00pm)

Mon Dec 12: Bolton v Gillingham (7:45pm)

Tues Dec 13: Norwich v Aston Villa (7:45pm)

Wed Dec 14: Wigan v Newcastle (7:45pm)

Thurs Dec 15: Coventry v Sheffield United (7:45pm)

Fri Dec 16: Norwich v Huddersfield (7:45pm)

Sat Dec 17: Birmingham v Brighton (5.30pm)

Sun Dec 18: QPR v Aston Villa (TBC  - lunchtime)

Mon Dec 26: Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday (7.45pm)

Tues Dec 27: Brighton v QPR (12.30pm)

Tues Dec 27: Derby v Birmingham (3.00pm)

Thurs Dec 29: Aston Villa v Leeds (7:45pm)

Sat Dec 31: Brentford v Norwich (5:30pm)

Mon Jan 2: Blackburn v Newcastle (3.00pm)

Spot on. Only good for people who don't go to games,just look at Cardiff next Friday,what a shambles

Archived