IGNORED

I have been summoned to Sky sports headquarters

Never to the dark side

for the Annual General meeting on Thursday 13 October 2016

December and early January live games are ANNOUNCED IN EARLY OCTOBER

We have live games against Cardiff and Brighton already scheduled

So what games would you like to see televised,

although I think by the time of the AGM,December and January games would have alreay been decided.

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Well, he attends and also speaks up to fight our corner re televised games, can't ask for much more than that.

The games might announced in batches but I can't believe they aren't already thought about and almost decided. I'm sure it's not because someone attends an AGM and shouts the loudest. 

A long time ago in Galaxy far far away,

some one said if you want to get your views known at any AGM's

buy ONE share in the company and you can attend the AGM of that company.

Its better to make a comment to the Chief Executive or Chairman of the company

than the complaints procedure of the said company.

At the meetings,the top table tell you all all the wonderfull things about the company and then ask for questions from the floor.

Attendances have dropped from approx 300 to maybe 150 over a  fifteen year period.

Most ask questions about the finance pensions auditors accountants etc

I just request more live matches for Bristol City on Sky.

If it does any good,I don't know,but if you don't ask you don't get.

I could be very cynical  and say we MIGHT get two more live matches in the December/January slot

and the reason I am saying that, is the AGM takes place on Thursday 13 October just one day before our first of two live televised games.

So I could be at the meeting wanting to ask for more Bristol City matches,and we could already be scheduled for FOUR live games.

I am going to stick my neck out and say it will be Huddersfield away and Cardiif at home.

Lets see what early October brings.

@Never to the dark side as part of my job I organise and run AGMs for companies.  This includes attending them and taking notes of the shareholders' questions.  I long for the day I have to do a note like: 

"Mr NTTDS raised the question of why more Bristol City games were not shown on live television.

The Chairman thanked Mr NTTDS for the question and answered that he would personally ensure that all Bristol City away games and 50% of home games were broadcast from the beginning of the next season."

1 hour ago, RedM said:

The games might announced in batches but I can't believe they aren't already thought about and almost decided. I'm sure it's not because someone attends an AGM and shouts the loudest. 

That is exactly why AGMs are held...for shareholders to raise legitimate questions about how a business is run, and exactly why SL doesn't allow them.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

NTTDS shares our Senior Reds table and he's a guru and all things tv sports. Very knowledgeable chap is Jon.

He asked us all this question - what do Derby and Bristol City have in common? 

Only one of us got it............you'll never guess who........:cool:

It's perfectly obvious. They both have the same number of letters in their name

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

@Never to the dark side as part of my job I organise and run AGMs for companies.  This includes attending them and taking notes of the shareholders' questions.  I long for the day I have to do a note like: 

"Mr NTTDS raised the question of why more Bristol City games were not shown on live television.

The Chairman thanked Mr NTTDS for the question and answered that he would personally ensure that all Bristol City away games and 50% of home games were broadcast from the beginning of the next season."

I presume you know his attendance has made national newspapers?  if my memory serves correct, got a mention at the start of one AGM by none other than James Murdoch.  

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

NTTDS shares our Senior Reds table and he's a guru and all things tv sports. Very knowledgeable chap is Jon.

He asked us all this question - what do Derby and Bristol City have in common? 

Only one of us got it............you'll never guess who........:cool:

Steve McLaren was the first thought that came to me.

or was it something like the 1st two teams to broadcast live from the FM transmitter :P

or is it Rolls Royce?

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Chowie almost got it.

Derby v City at the Baseball Ground was the first ever live league match broadcast on terrestrial TV. 

City won that day 4-3 with Wayne Allison scoring for City. It was approximately 1992. 

that's true if you ignore every televised game before then.

a game between Arsenal and their reserves was televised in 1937.

The first live televised match on the BBC was Barnet vs Wealdstone in 1946

The first live TV league match was Blackpool vs Bolton in 1960 on ITV.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Chowie almost got it.

Derby v City at the Baseball Ground was the first ever live league match broadcast on terrestrial TV. 

City won that day 4-3 with Wayne Allison scoring for City. It was approximately 1992. 

I think we only won thanks to their keeper (Steve Sutton) getting his marching orders.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Chowie almost got it.

Didn't know that! 

Was there down the side terrace and was mental when we got the 4th. 

Roll call of others there.....?

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You should take that up with NTTDS it was his question........I've absolutely no idea other than I remember watching the Derby v City live on itv.

20 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Didn't know that! 

Was there down the side terrace and was mental when we got the 4th. 

Roll call of others there.....?

Yup, I was there on the side terrace.what a great day out - a Sunday, I believe? Now if you said that it was the first league match played on a Sunday to be broadcast live on terrestrial tv ...

43 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

"You want some BBC? I'll give it yer..."

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yup, I was there on the side terrace.what a great day out - a Sunday, I believe? Now if you said that it was the first league match played on a Sunday to be broadcast live on terrestrial tv ...

Was definitely a Sunday mate. Hope you successfully dodged the various missiles chucked at us on the way out? 

Archived