IGNORED

Reality Check Perhaps

longyears

Not all doom and gloom but little Lee talks a good game like some before him but at the end of the day goals and points are all that matter. Not bad signings so far but not really very good either. We will probably avoid the drop ( IMO ) but dream on if you think we will achieve anything else as we have a porous defence most weeks and a loan scoring most of our goals. Too many players not really Championship standard and sadly most of them never will be !

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Everyone is entitled to there opinion but I think this is a load shit . 

I don't. I've been amazed by the amount of people like yourself you think we're any better. It's not being negative, we just are what we are. We did enough in the summer to avoid the drop. That's about it.

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

This time last season we had 4 points

We currently have 11 having played the three relegated teams and 2 of last year's play off bunch.

Wow.

Firstly, who said I was comparing Johnson's and Cotterill's teams at the same stage of the season? 

Secondly, I see how you are trying to put a positive spin on it. Another way of looking at it is that we've played one of last year's play-off teams and lost. Another one, Derby, have been poor this season.

Aston Villa are on one of the biggest downers in the club's history. And they could still have been 4-0 up at half-time.

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Firstly, who said I was comparing Johnson's and Cotterill's teams at the same stage of the season? 

Secondly, I see how you are trying to put a positive spin on it. Another way of looking at it is that we've played one of last year's play-off teams and lost. Another one, Derby, have been poor this season.

Aston Villa are on one of the biggest downers in the club's history. And they could still have been 4-0 up at half-time.

I know Derby have been poor so far this season but they have some top players , they can bring on Ince as a sub !

I'm pretty sure they'll finish top six .

39 minutes ago, longyears said:

Not all doom and gloom but little Lee talks a good game like some before him but at the end of the day goals and points are all that matter. Not bad signings so far but not really very good either. We will probably avoid the drop ( IMO ) but dream on if you think we will achieve anything else as we have a porous defence most weeks and a loan scoring most of our goals. Too many players not really Championship standard and sadly most of them never will be !

Breaking news.... Otiber spreads negativity and writes off season..... In September!!!!!!! 

No doom and gloom for me, we out played Derby for much of the match, they never looked like scoreing until we went 2 at the back, there goal in the first half was a one off we will not see a mistake like that again this season, Lee changed it well got the best out off our attacking players, and you have to remember that if Tammy doesn't catch the pitch before the ball we are winning that game 2 1 we are getting better and the wins will come

Personally I can't see why all the doom and gloom. We've played 5 of the most fancied sides in the division out of 8 games. Arguably, our worst result is an away draw to Rotherham. Take into account we signed about 12 new first team players and that takes time to gel, I think we've been extremely good. All our lost points have been our mistakes not being the lesser team. So we know we can compete with anyone so why are we just good enough to avoid the drop? Doesn't make sense. We've had so much against us to start the year and we've come out of our toughest 8 game stretch with half the points. That's an awesome return and it's looking up for us. I personally think we can push top 6 if we get it together but I can't see 12 better teams than us. A top half finish should be easily obtainable and think we are well on the way to that. 

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

But they weren't & we managed to turn things around to win 3-1, I would say those involved deserve great credit for being able to take a result from the game against a club with huge resources & who have tried using them!!

As for Derby, another club with huge resources & a better than average playing staff. As have Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich & Newcastle.

We have made huge strides in improving our playing staff & signing 13 players, mostly of a young age & are untried at Championship level plus a few that are untried in English football, it will take time before all of these players will come to terms with the standard of football as well as settling into new surroundings!!

Really not sure what you're hoping for or expecting but I'd say everything is very encouraging to say the least.

Competing with Derby, Wednesday, Villa, Newcastle, Norwich with them all no doubt coming off thinking that was a tough game... What an awful time to be a City fan. Un-fking-believable. 

Reality check.. we're a mid table/top half championship team that's quite entertaining to watch, has a lot of attacking and promising players and is steadily progressing into an established championship team after a nightmare start to last season.

Compare it to Cotterill's side? How about you compare it to the hiding (and other 3 goal against defeat) we took from Derby last season?

What an awful reality.

Archived