IGNORED

£10 bring a friend offer Vs Blackburn : Updated

formerly known as ivan

10 minutes ago, gordie said:

Is this going to be the only games for this offer in both sports or is it likely to be another game, only ask as I am away for these games

For the rugby at least, there were two games offered for the past 2 seasons

On 3 September 2016 at 20:58, Red Right Hand said:

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Amuses me how they define this area as sold out yet there must be 100+ seats unused toward the pitch each game - I wonder why they never sold more?

It's due to the unreserved seating/standing. The have to reduce capacity by 10% hence the empty seats down the front.  

13 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Bloody eck, I only have one good friend with a season ticket (sad times!) I hope the sod doesn't plan to offer the cheaper seats to any of his bloody work mates!

If this is promoted, managed correctly, then I'd expect us to get over 24k.

But if you are going to the game anyway isn't it better for crowd figures to offer it to someone who doesn't normally go :shifty::P:whistle:;)

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Would be interesting to know the stance on this, as both times I opted in for the first game, only for a "better" game to be offered later in the season

@Mkelly is this something you cover?

Yes, indeed. Both times it was offered I think it was for the first game of the season, obviously that didn't happen this time. I was certainly under the impression the first season that was the seasons 'free' game and took it, then I was a bit miffed when later in the season it was offered again for people who hadn't taken up the offer, and like you said it was a more attractive game.

I'm glad there was the opportunity so people didn't miss out, but it would have been nice to have had the choice. Yes maybe the second game wasn't decided at that point, but I would have liked to have known there was an option.

On 19/09/2016 at 16:40, Bar BS3 said:

@AdamB hi Adam, 

with nearly 14,000 STH, will the Upper tier of Lansdown stand be open from the start of sales for this one? 

It could even attract more sales from people who want to come just to try it out. 

There you go...

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/city-open-top-tier-for-blackburn-offer-3318382.aspx

Regards,

Adam

37 minutes ago, AdamB said:

@AdamB, are you able to confirm how much the tickets are for the top tier please?  That's not such a daft question as it sounds, what with the £10 offer!  If I want to take up the offer and move from the South Stand to sit with my bro & sis in the upper tier, I presume I would need to pay the extra, but how much is that likely to be?  I presume being relegation certs Blackburn this will only be a cat B or C game?

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

@AdamB, are you able to confirm how much the tickets are for the top tier please?  That's not such a daft question as it sounds, what with the £10 offer!  If I want to take up the offer and move from the South Stand to sit with my bro & sis in the upper tier, I presume I would need to pay the extra, but how much is that likely to be?  I presume being relegation certs Blackburn this will only be a cat B or C game?

No you won't need to pay any extra. You get three free moves throughout the season at no extra charge. 

I moved from the south stand to the dolman for the quid a kid game against Derby on Saturday at no extra charge 

• Admin

@AdamB

What a great idea, even if I do say so myself, do I get a consultancy fee ;) 

On 29/08/2016 at 09:04, Ian M said:

Sorry to reply to my own post but how many STHs would be up for a challenge once the SAG let us fully open our stadium and the club send out our voucher to bring a friend for a tenner? Target a game that might be a lower attendance and each look to bring a mate who hasn't been before to that game. If we win that game I'd like to bet 50% would come again at full price. 

My choice would be Blackburn in October, 21 days after the previous home game so plenty of time for the club to arrange swaps so STHs can still sit with their mate they are bringing. It would be important to open the Lansdown Stand from the get go to allow movement (which would also free up spare seats in other areas for STHs mates to sit in. 

Hi @AdamB, would it not make sense for members to pay £10 for this game too?

OK, so most members will probably know a STH who can help them out, but wouldn't it be fairer just to charge members the same to recognise their loyalty? That way they can log into their online accounts and buy tickets without having to get a STH to do it on their behalf. Plus not all members will necessarily know a STH - why should a member be expected to pay more than a newbie for this fixture?

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

OK, so most members will probably know a STH who can help them out, but wouldn't it be fairer just to charge members the same to recognise their loyalty? That way they can log into their online accounts and buy tickets without having to get a STH to do it on their behalf. Plus not all members will necessarily know a STH - why should a member be expected to pay more than a newbie for this fixture?

Good point, well made. 

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Membership costs £20, so offering the £10 discount would in many instances wipe out the cost of membership in one ticket purchase.

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't understand the point you are making (no offence intended).

No offence taken.

From the Clubs point of view, if the price for a standard single match is £30.

Then if Members can gain admittance for £10 v Blackburn they have saved £20, which was the price of their membership.

So the membership fee has been covered by purchasing one ticket.

Memberships also have many other benefits, this one was for Season Ticket holders.

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

No offence taken.

From the Clubs point of view, if the price for a standard single match is £30.

Then if Members can gain admittance for £10 v Blackburn they have saved £20, which was the price of their membership.

So the membership fee has been covered by purchasing one ticket.

Memberships also have many other benefits, this one was for Season Ticket holders.

I understood the maths, I just wasn't sure if you were saying it was a good or a bad thing.

Most members will just get a STH to get a ticket for them, all this does it make it unnecessarily complicated. I have already asked a STH I know to get me a ticket, and he now has to phone up on my behalf instead of me buying tickets online in about 5 minutes, which is silly. It also means my account doesn't know I attended the game.

I don't think it's fair to charge someone who has demonstrated loyalty to the club more to watch this fixture than a newbie who happens to know a STH.

Also this offer doesn't benefit the season ticket holder, it benefits their mate!

Got no problem with the offer itself, I applaud any attempt to grow the fanbase, I just think it should include members too.

(hope you're reading @AdamB!)

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I understood the maths, I just wasn't sure if you were saying it was a good or a bad thing.

Most members will just get a STH to get a ticket for them, all this does it make it unnecessarily complicated. I have already asked a STH I know to get me a ticket, and he now has to phone up on my behalf instead of me buying tickets online in about 5 minutes, which is silly. It also means my account doesn't know I attended the game.

I don't think it's fair to charge someone who has demonstrated loyalty to the club more to watch this fixture than a newbie who happens to know a STH.

Also this offer doesn't benefit the season ticket holder, it benefits their mate!

Got no problem with the offer itself, I applaud any attempt to grow the fanbase, I just think it should include members too.

(hope you're reading @AdamB!)

I guess that makes sense if you don't include the administration costs for members - then with a 1 game offer the club might actually lose money overall. I guess they already have the £30 though and adding an extra £10 to that would only help if seats are empty.

I dunno this all sounds like dodgy accountant is needed.

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

I just feel it does not make a great deal of business sense to sell a £20 membership, and then offer a £20 discount on one match.

Better a £10 ticket sold than an empty seat. Many more members will attend this game at £10 than they would at usual prices, and most will get a ticket via a STH anyway. Suspect there won't be many members paying full price for this one. So why not just make it easier.

I wonder if season ticket holders have to provide the contact details of the guest(s) when they buy tickets?

It would make sense to do so, to build the club's database. Afterwards these potentially new or lapsed fans,who may not otherwise have been tempted to AG, could be contacted with promotions by the club, such as for membership, or simply just provided with details of future games.

Who knows,we may even tempt a few to return!

Seems a simple no-brainer to me,but then this is city......

2 hours ago, sm2webb said:

I wonder if season ticket holders have to provide the contact details of the guest(s) when they buy tickets?

It would make sense to do so, to build the club's database. Afterwards these potentially new or lapsed fans,who may not otherwise have been tempted to AG, could be contacted with promotions by the club, such as for membership, or simply just provided with details of future games.

Who knows,we may even tempt a few to return!

Seems a simple no-brainer to me,but then this is city......

Always needed to in the past £10 offers (rightly so)

However if STH are buying them for friends then it's unlikely to be needed when buying through your account. 

I agree it would be better to get the details, but might all be too fiddly to process. 

They do say that data is invaluable though, so I'm surprised it's not been factored in. 

Archived