IGNORED

Matchday thread Vs Fulham EFL Cup

Bar BS3

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you had to choose now...

A) win this, Northampton at home in the next round, lose on Saturday

B) lose this, win on Saturday

?

Fixed it for you, and so definitely B either way.

Fortunately it isn't a choice and we can win both. If we wish it hard enough, we can win both. COYR

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Slightly surprised by this...I don't expect us to struggle this season so I think I'd be happy to sacrifice 1 match out of 46 for a truly big tie that we haven't had for 22 years - plus a guaranteed sell out at the new stadium, and a chance of further progression!

All down to opinion.  Based on my early comments I'd rather we win in the league to boost confidence than play Man U in a meaningless cup game by comparison. All about opinion though I guess (plus I cannot stand Man U).

1 minute ago, Cider_boy said:

Fixed it for you, and so definitely B either way.

Fortunately it isn't a choice and we can win both. If we wish it hard enough, we can win both. COYR

Other than maybe a bit of confidence, with the relative sides out tonight this result has pretty much no bearing on Saturday, so yep, both please.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

rules recently changed so if its a penalty its a yellow more often than not as the penalty is punishment enough.

doesn't apply when out the box though

I thought it did apply outside the box. Foul as last man outside the box is a red. Inside is ok as long as you've made an attempt on the ball?

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

All down to opinion.  Based on my early comments I'd rather we win in the league to boost confidence than play Man U in a meaningless cup game by comparison. All about opinion though I guess (plus I cannot stand Man U).

Meaningless? We'd be playing for a place in the quarter finals! I do understand prioritising the league to an extent, but it's a shame how cup competitions just aren't valued any more. We look like a mid table side this season so I'd say this is a year where a cup run would be great.

Archived