IGNORED

Team for Tuesday

Healeyred96

1 minute ago, Healeyred96 said:

Will lee Johnson keep the same team from Saturday or will he bring O'Neill back in if he is fit

I guess it'll depend on if anyone picked up a knock or injury on Saturday (Tammy) but one things for sure, apart from an injury to Tammy, we have a squad that can adequately replace anyone with a like for like player & not be badly handicapped by it. Which is a great position to be in.

I get the impression that LJ won't ever have a best 11 more like a best 15 and then utilise this to his advantage wherever possible. Leeds are usually quite physical so I can see Bobby being moved to the bench and GON coming in to assert ourselves in the middle before subs are made around the 65 min mark.

non of this should be taken as a slight at Bobby - he has turned into a decent championship midfielder, it's just that GON is probably a better tool for this job (for want of a better way to describe GON).

12 hours ago, Pezo said:

I get the impression that LJ won't ever have a best 11 more like a best 15 and then utilise this to his advantage wherever possible. Leeds are usually quite physical so I can see Bobby being moved to the bench and GON coming in to assert ourselves in the middle before subs are made around the 65 min mark.

non of this should be taken as a slight at Bobby - he has turned into a decent championship midfielder, it's just that GON is probably a better tool for this job (for want of a better way to describe GON).

I get what you're saying, but I don't think we should set up with two defensive central midfielders against an average Championship team, at home. 

Sometimes playing quick intricate football on the deck around these big physical type players can work in our favour, as doubt many of big these northern lumps will be able to stop people like Bobby playing filthy little triangles around them.

Nice problem to have though!

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think it would be criminal to change the team. Only change it if fitness/injuries require it to be changed. 

I'm thinking this too. I can see the calls for O'Neil but let's remember how he lost his place anyway. Pack had a great Captain's game and Bobby certainly played a part besides the goal too.

Keep faith and reward Saturday's team, they certainly should be given the chance to reproduce at home. Make changes from the bench if needed, but my starting 11 would certainly be the same.

4 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

I get what you're saying, but I don't think we should set up with two defensive central midfielders against an average Championship team, at home. 

Sometimes playing quick intricate football on the deck around these big physical type players can work in our favour, as doubt many of big these northern lumps will be able to stop people like Bobby playing filthy little triangles around them.

Nice problem to have though!

I come for a visit when we play you (I sit amongst you with my mates). Other than our Defenders I wouldn't worry about us being physical lumps, we are gradually (slowly) starting to play some football!!!!

5 hours ago, mozo said:

Leeds have won four on the bounce so I'm expecting we'll do a fair bit of defending tomorrow. I wouldn't go gung ho. O'Neil in if fit please.

Let's put this into perspective.

They have beaten Ipswich at home, Cardiff away (bit I saw on TV they were worse than a poor Cardiff side and scored against the run of play), then Blackburn twice, both at home, once in the cup.

One swallow does not a summer make and all that, I am confident that if we play the way we played on Saturday we will win this one.

I'd go with:

ODonnell

Little Flint Mags Bryan

O'Neill Pack

Paterson Tomlin Freeman

Tammy

I believe O'Neill is our best midfielder, however Bobby Reid does get goals and can be an impact from the bench.

I'd love to know how close Korey Smith and Adam Matthews are to full fitness.

Plus, I'd love to see this big money Engvall signing play however of course it's impossible to drop Tammy at the moment.

The beauty of this season is that we have a bolstered squad so can change personnel (and systems) and still put a quality side out.

Who knows?! but I will say that LJ will look at Leeds weaknesses and adapt our side to take advantage of this.

30 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Let's put this into perspective.

They have beaten Ipswich at home, Cardiff away (bit I saw on TV they were worse than a poor Cardiff side and scored against the run of play), then Blackburn twice, both at home, once in the cup.

One swallow does not a summer make and all that, I am confident that if we play the way we played on Saturday we will win this one.

Neither does 4 apparently ;)

I would think he'll freshen a couple of places up as usual , which ones is harder to guess. Oneil would depend on fitness , maybe Odowda for Paterson as LJ seems to like Freeman. Brownhill must be due a game , didn't  Tammy take a knock Saturday ? 

I wonder if Tomlin beats five player he'll lay the ball off again :whistle2:

Saturday was great of course, but certainly for the first half hour we were totally overrun and could have gone in at half time two or three down.  Fulham actually looked like a good side up until that point and if they had taken those early chances it could have been a different story.  I think GON may have to be brought in.

1 hour ago, DavidNoble said:

I'd go with:

ODonnell

Little Flint Mags Bryan

O'Neill Pack

Paterson Tomlin Freeman

Tammy

I believe O'Neill is our best midfielder, however Bobby Reid does get goals and can be an impact from the bench.

I'd love to know how close Korey Smith and Adam Matthews are to full fitness.

Plus, I'd love to see this big money Engvall signing play however of course it's impossible to drop Tammy at the moment.

The beauty of this season is that we have a bolstered squad so can change personnel (and systems) and still put a quality side out.

Who knows?! but I will say that LJ will look at Leeds weaknesses and adapt our side to take advantage of this.

We have just kept our 1st clean sheet, why change the keeper?

I would probably go with our 'hardest' team against Leeds judging by comments by them on Twitter, probably means dropping Bobby and bringing in ONeil, if fit, and possibly a start for Wilbs to help out Tammy upfront. 

On the other hand we could go for our quickest/sharpest team, one which would draw fouls but unfortunately this relies upon having a decent ref which is all but ruled out with the idiot Stroud in charge

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Saturday was great of course, but certainly for the first half hour we were totally overrun and could have gone in at half time two or three down.  Fulham actually looked like a good side up until that point and if they had taken those early chances it could have been a different story.  I think GON may have to be brought in.

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

As long as we don't start with 3-5-2 I will be happy. Having said that - LJ seems to be good at changing the game when we don't start well, whatever the formation.

LJ's game management seems to be very good, in particular his use of substitutes to change games and all to often to turn things around.

However it would be good to see us getting off to a flying start for a change so that he is not faced with that type of decision.

No idea what team LJ will pick, but I've yet to get it correct so far this season.  I get the 'don't change a winning team' mantra, but he's tweaked it every game so far.  Need to bear in mind that there is a game Saturday, but then a break. I feel for those who don't even get a kit in tomorrow night.

19 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

doubt many of big these northern lumps will be able to stop people like Bobby playing filthy little triangles around them.

I wasn't sure what you meant by "filthy little triangles" so I googled it.

Many thanks @Kingswoodactor I now have a raft of special interest websites saved to my favorites.

Archived