IGNORED

Magnusson chant

MyBrotherErnie

3 hours ago, bs3 said:

My fav player song at the moment is "little by little the best right back we had since Bradley Orr" sung to the Oasis tune Little by little.

But can any one tell me the song we have for Callum O'Dowda, I heard it once at Fulham but forgot how it went.

That Little one to the Oasis tune is brilliant and original! 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

We already have the embers of a Magnusson chant - started in Section 82 at the last home game and was catching on nicely.  These things take time to build, but it will get there.

Horder Magnusson.....
Horder Magnusson.....
Son of Magnus,
Magnus's Son,
Horder Magnusson.....

Simple, but we mostly need simple songs else they don't get going.

What's the tune?

3 hours ago, Biffs Chin said:

Surely we need a drum to do the viking clap justice? If we did I think more would participate!!

Hey everybody look! A first post. Welcome Mr Chin (my I call you Biffs?).

Sadly there are many on here and at AG who hate drums despite Celtics incredible atmosphere last night coordinated by a drum but hey ho. We could always have someone at the front doing the arms and someone hitting the metal of the side of the stand.

1 minute ago, dunsteral said:

talking about clappers

how naff where the little black plastic clapper thingys that most of the fulham supporters had

last saturday. Although what they had was naff, the idea of everybody having something

that makes a noise is a good one.

What could we come up with  -any ideas.

1024px-Vuvuzelas_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Sadly there are many on here and at AG who hate drums despite Celtics incredible atmosphere last night coordinated by a drum but hey ho. We could always have someone at the front doing the arms and someone hitting the metal of the side of the stand.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Also I am not a fan of drums at AG! So hitting the side of the stand would work! If we are doing the Viking thing, lets do it justice! I am sure Magners son would appreciate it!

For a chant to work, people gave got to know it and it be spontaneous.  Old Trafford is so choreographed it's boring.  Much as I like (some of) the ideas on here, they're too complex / clever and only gonna work if people outside of OTIB know the words.

Nothing wrong with Oh, Tammy, Tammy.

He's also scored too many for Tammy Abraham, Tammy Abraham, seven goals had Tammy Abraham.....with his head, with his left, with his right, etc.

I like the Little by Little one though

5 hours ago, Griffin said:

Personally prefer.. 

Oh Magnursson is magic, 
He wears a magic hat,
And if you throw a brick at him
He heads the f****r back....
He heads them to the left
He heads them to the right
And if we win promotion...
We'll sing this song all night! 

Oh Magnursson's Icelandic, 
He wears a vikings hat,
And if you throw a brick at him
He heads the f****r back....
He heads them to the left
He heads them to the right
And if we win promotion...
We'll sing this song all night! 

14 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

...... the idea of everybody having something

that makes a noise is a good one.

What could we come up with  -any ideas.

Try giving a packet of foil packed crisps a gentle slap... a single pack at makes quite a noise, and will lend themselves nicely to chant based rhythms etc....

Now imagine that noise you and your crisp packet is making if magnified by ten, fifteen, twenty thousand in a stadium... *

Walkers foil packs tend to be fairly robust and will withstand a good sustained slapping (obviously not too vigorous) just a gentle slap will produce a good sound.

( *Walkers ... other crisp brands are available :) )

Image result for walkers crisps

.... of course when you get a little peckish during the game, (or the occasional pack splits) you have a (erm, ready 'assaulted' pack ;) )  in yer hand.)

Maybe the club could do a sponsorship deal with a crisp manufacturer where all fans/seats are supplied with a free slap snack pack ... we should do it before Leicester and Lineker nicks our idea!

Seriously though try it at home and see how much noise a packet of crisps can make..

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For a chant to work, people gave got to know it and it be spontaneous. Much as I like (some of) the ideas on here, they're too complex / clever and only gonna work if people outside of OTIB know the words.

Nothing wrong with Oh, Tammy, Tammy.

Nail on head!  I've been saying the same thing  for ages. Spontaneous chats are the best ones.

I really don't understand why some people bother to invent chants on here when no-one ever hears them at AG. 

I guess the "authors" are simply showing how clever they think they are........:sleeping:

Further to the crisp packet idea above...  (as well as clapping and slapping 'em they make a good shaking sound too of course)

If everyone had a Ready Salted RED pack it would be visually effective too.... come on you Reds!

Obviously when the contents have been consumed, thousands of empty packs will be available and ready to blow up and pop ...to join in with a simultaneous mass stadium wide crisp packet popping !!      Awesome, unique, and OURS!! 

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Further to the crisp packet idea above...  (as well as clapping and slapping 'em they make a good shaking sound too of course)

If everyone had a Ready Salted RED pack it would be visually effective too.... come on you Reds!

Obviously when the contents have been consumed, thousands of empty packs will be available and ready to blow up and pop ...to join in with a simultaneous mass stadium wide crisp packet popping !!      Awesome, unique, and OURS!! 

Remember the excitement if you found two red salt packs on a bag? :P

6 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

It wasn't so much that they hated drums, just that our drummer was shit !

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Try giving a packet of foil packed crisps a gentle slap... a single pack at makes quite a noise, and will lend themselves nicely to chant based rhythms etc....

Now imagine that noise you and your crisp packet is making if magnified by ten, fifteen, twenty thousand in a stadium... *

Walkers foil packs tend to be fairly robust and will withstand a good sustained slapping (obviously not too vigorous) just a gentle slap will produce a good sound.

( *Walkers ... other crisp brands are available :) )

Image result for walkers crisps

.... of course when you get a little peckish during the game, (or the occasional pack splits) you have a (erm, ready 'assaulted' pack ;) )  in yer hand.)

Maybe the club could do a sponsorship deal with a crisp manufacturer where all fans/seats are supplied with a free slap snack pack ... we should do it before Leicester and Lineker nicks our idea!

Seriously though try it at home and see how much noise a packet of crisps can make..

Maybe we can utilise those 'atmosphere assistors' handed out to the Fulham fans on Saturday??...I think a few may have been in the bins around Craven cottage post match !!

Archived