He wears a magic hat,
And if you throw a brick at him
He heads the f****r back....
He heads them to the left
He heads them to the right
And if we win promotion...
We'll sing this song all night! 

I like this.

We need to stop that horrific viking clap, it just doesn't work.

we do it too fast and for it to work i think you need everyone behind it. Bit like man city when they did that poznan, it just looked cheesy and cringy.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Maybe we can utilise those 'atmosphere assistors' handed out to the Fulham fans on Saturday??...I think a few may have been in the bins around Craven cottage post match !!

Nah, they're rubbish, .... clearly not edible and they dont come in a variety of delicious (hmm, debatable) flavours.

Get yer crisps packets ready for this seasons upcoming 'crunch' matches at The Gate,  :) 

10 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Try giving a packet of foil packed crisps a gentle slap... a single pack at makes quite a noise, and will lend themselves nicely to chant based rhythms etc....

Now imagine that noise you and your crisp packet is making if magnified by ten, fifteen, twenty thousand in a stadium... *

Walkers foil packs tend to be fairly robust and will withstand a good sustained slapping (obviously not too vigorous) just a gentle slap will produce a good sound.

( *Walkers ... other crisp brands are available :) )

Image result for walkers crisps

.... of course when you get a little peckish during the game, (or the occasional pack splits) you have a (erm, ready 'assaulted' pack ;) )  in yer hand.)

Maybe the club could do a sponsorship deal with a crisp manufacturer where all fans/seats are supplied with a free slap snack pack ... we should do it before Leicester and Lineker nicks our idea!

Seriously though try it at home and see how much noise a packet of crisps can make..

Image result for Walker's Crisp PacketsBANG YOUR BAG FOR THE LADS!!!

Come On You REDS!

Quite like the Bjork idea for Hordour.. How about a "shhhh....shhhhhh....shhh" that starts to spread round the ground "shhhh.shhhh oh so quiet...shhh" fans shushing each other etc "SO PEACEFUL UNTIL.. ITS MAG.NUS.SON... BLONDE HAIR, LONG THROWS AND HA-ARD TACKLES WAAAAAAAOOOOOOO OH HORDUR, HORDUR, HORDUR, OHH HORDURRRR, HORDUR IVE FALLLEN IN LOVEEEEEEEE" and repeat.

or maybe I'll just go to bed.

I've been thinking about this and I suggest we use:

Most people on here will probably recognise it off the darts. Can anyone help to come up with the first two lines before we sing Hordur Magnusson OI OI OI OI?

Original:

I'm flying away
Running like the wind
As I chase the sun

I think this could really sound good around the gate and like the Freeman's on fire chant is very easy for others to join in with.

On 29/09/2016 at 08:41, cider-manc said:

Its a Manchester city song about Vincent Kompany. They sing it pretty much constantly (then he gets injured, gets subbed and they stop.....)

How's about....

He holds the door,

He holds the doooooorr

Hordur Magnusson - He holds the door!

To be honest I quite like what we do (how often does the majority of the stadium get involved?) and I think Hordur likes it as well.

Hold the Line? (as he's a defender and it still kind of tenuously keep the game of thrones reference?)

41 minutes ago, Ray White said:

I've been thinking about this and I suggest we use:

Most people on here will probably recognise it off the darts. Can anyone help to come up with the first two lines before we sing Hordur Magnusson OI OI OI OI?

Original:

I'm flying away
Running like the wind
As I chase the sun

I think this could really sound good around the gate and like the Freeman's on fire chant is very easy for others to join in with.

"He's at the back,

Starting new attacks,

Hordur Magnusson... OI OI OI

He's Icelandic,

******* fantastic,

Hordur Magnusson... OI OI OI"

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It won't. They never do. This type of thread is so flipping tedious..........:sleeping:

Sometimes I really wish there was no swear filter on here........

Much like the transfer rumours I would like to see this type of thing in a sub forum. I'm sure it wouldn't stop you complaining about it on every thread within it though.

Got knocked for saying this a while back (and will probably again) - a lot of fans have no idea what the words to chants are, and to be fair even upon listening to them are probably none the wiser. A lot don't sing as they don;t know the words, and feel a bit like a twit in trying.

So how about just honing a specific chant at a match (not suggesting we sing only one song whole game, but say - hey we are going to try this out today guys, please join in) hand out a little flyer with the words on it. People may be more inclined to join in. After 3-4 games that's 3-4 extra songs that people may all join in, hell even do it for older songs to encourage people to join in with old favourites....

I duck behind cover now... 

Archived