IGNORED

Di Matteo Sacked

Charliesboots

1 minute ago, The Gasbuster said:

It has started.

Foreign owner jumps the gun :facepalm:

No surprise though, an owner that 'tweets' on transfer speculation and also states Villa will be one of the biggest clubs in the world in 5 years is always going to take a very hands on approach to the football side.

Job for Steve Bruce?

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

First run down of the odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

Bruce seems far the most logical. Suprised to see Wagner in the list but I guess he's done as equally as impressive (if not better) job at Huddles..

He hasn't done much since x factor, so maybe he is due another job.

9 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

First run down of the odds.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/aston-villa/next-permanent-manager

Bruce seems far the most logical. Suprised to see Wagner in the list but I guess he's done as equally as impressive (if not better) job at Huddles..

But where are all the foreign managers?

It's hardly surprising that he's gone. Out of all the clubs in free fall, I thought they'd do well with RDM at the helm. Shows what I know!

While I like Steve Bruce, I think this would be a good job for either Ryan Giggs or Gary Neville to try. It's at a higher level than I think they should try for, but Villa are a decent club, and they've definitely got a good set of players. It's the kind of club that could be the making of their careers.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Villa will have a problem now. What manager in his right mind would take the job? Certainly no-one with any standing in the game would consider it unless they were paid mega mega bucks - oh wait....Big Sam is out of a job....:facepalm:

Why wouldn't people be interested?  One of the biggest clubs in the country with a strong squad and transfer budget.  If you fail then you get a big pay off.  Win win. 

As @daored has said, while the England job is still available I'd be surprised if Bruce would be willing to commit himself to any other job unless he gets told that he's not in the running for the England job. And with Southgate being in the position for the next 4 games, I assume that means he's there for the next few months at least & I can't see Villa not appointing someone permanently in that time unless Steve Clark does well while in temporary charge.

27 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

It's hardly surprising that he's gone. Out of all the clubs in free fall, I thought they'd do well with RDM at the helm. Shows what I know!

While I like Steve Bruce, I think this would be a good job for either Ryan Giggs or Gary Neville to try. It's at a higher level than I think they should try for, but Villa are a decent club, and they've definitely got a good set of players. It's the kind of club that could be the making of their careers.

Sorry but ... :rofl2br:

your last sentence. 

Well they can't have LJ they can forget that for a start.. blimey as if,  Bruce is likely awaiting 'a call from above' .... can't think of many options for car crash Villa really, things don't look good there a..guess Dopey D might lower himself not likely though...

Gotta feel sorry for 'The Villa' I suppose :violin:one time big club with an impressive history its all gone pear shaped for them and the glory days have long since faded to nowt... so much so that its hard to imagine any decent established manager wanting to take them on , unless for short term 'filthy lucre' reasons, yeah gotta feel for them :violin: so sad...

Ohh, eureka!! Its just come to me, all this sad music around ... theres one person who maybe just maybe would be interested... (clue : :violin:).   ..... of course, its Nigel Kennedy! ...at least they'd get four seasons out of him!!  and sales of Villa scarves would go through the roof. :) 

Apart from that don't really give a shite, as long as they stay well away from us and our Lee.

Archived