IGNORED

Di Matteo Sacked

Charliesboots

1 hour ago, DavidNoble said:

LJ won't leave us? surely?... :sad26:

People saying he won't leave because Villa are a bit of a mess but when he joined us we were a bit of a mess and he had a good project underway at Barnsley....?!

Don't do it LJ................

LJ won't leave us. And please; stop calling him Shirley!

1 hour ago, DavidNoble said:

LJ won't leave us? surely?... :sad26:

People saying he won't leave because Villa are a bit of a mess but when he joined us we were a bit of a mess and he had a good project underway at Barnsley....?!

Don't do it LJ................

At Barnsley he had a project. Here he has THE project. Don't fret.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Why wouldn't people be interested?  One of the biggest clubs in the country with a strong squad and transfer budget.  If you fail then you get a big pay off.  Win win. 

Being in it just for the money? That's pretty much what I was saying.....

It's a basket case of a club right now, and the most damning thing is the players now aren't even the ones from last year.

I do think it takes more than 11 games to gel, but also look how top heavy that squad is. You can't get Kodjia, McCormack, Ayew, Adomah & Grealish in the same team, so why buy three of them this summer (when you already had Gestede as backup). I can't believe RDM wanted JK for that reason so the signing looks to have been made by the owner. If you're LJ, why walk into that mess of players signed over your head when he has the final say here?

Also, LJ had said he likes coaching and improving players. Would he get the chance to sign potential at Villa, or would he have to play the big buys - and are people like Jack Grealish really going to listen to Lee Johnson?

There are reasons for taking it if offered (money), but LJs chances of completing the challenge at that club would be seriously undermined by the above - and for that reason, can't see him taking it if offered 

Just an excuse to post up Leroy Rosenoir's record shortest managerial reign of a good ten minutes!

(I am not having a go at Leroy before anybody rushes to defend him, he's sound)

Leroy Rosenior - Torquay

The guv'nor when it comes to short terms in charge. Appointed on May 17 2007, Leroy Rosenior was sacked at the same press conference just 10 minutes later when the club was taken over. He said: "It was a shock but we had a good laugh about it. They thought I had done a fantastic job... and are going to sort me out a bit of compensation."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/photos/picture-this-the-shortest-managerial-careers-in-football-1455019012-slideshow/leroy-rosenior-torquay-photo-1455023472638.html

I just can't see this one happening. Johnson will want to manage a big club, sure, but he'd want the circumstances to be perfect. Tony Xia, I think, is reason enough for many managers to say "thanks, but no thanks".

Also, look at who was manager in the last couple of seasons there. Tim Sherwood, who set the world alight nowhere, and a French manager with no Premier League experience. It's not like they had people knocking down the door to manage them then.

I think a lot of managers will see how someone with the quality of Di Matteo has a) not been able to win many games with the players he has and b) been sacked after 124 days and think twice about an offer. As before with Villa, I think a really stupid amount of money will have to be offered to get anyone decent on board.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

This is madness. Di Matteo is one of the best young managers in the game

Really ?

Based on what - please don't use Champs League when the senior players were running the show

Poor record otherwise

Seems a nice guy but where is the evidence that he can cut it as a manager ?

All opinions of course

50 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Nobody wanted Johnson to come and now nobody wants him to leave.

I can't see LJ going just yet for the reasons aforementioned but I could see him going in 2 years time with burn-out .

I hope not but the job is full on 24/7 and anyone is going to struggle to keep that up .

Most first team coaches / managers don't last 3 years in the job these days .

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really ?

Based on what - please don't use Champs League when the senior players were running the show

Poor record otherwise

All opinions of course

Not that poor really - yes, he's left every club he's been at within a season, but all but one of those look like fairly unfair dismissals.

Apparently he gave West Brom their best ever start to a Premier League season, but was sacked 3 months later. With Chelsea, he won the Champions' League and the FA Cup (re: the senior players, I think Scolari, Grant, Mourinho, Villas Boas etc would have quite liked them "running the show" too), and I think most would agree that he's been sacked too quickly at Villa too. Even with Schalke he improved their table position.

16 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I just can't see this one happening. Johnson will want to manage a big club, sure, but he'd want the circumstances to be perfect. Tony Xia, I think, is reason enough for many managers to say "thanks, but no thanks".

Also, look at who was manager in the last couple of seasons there. Tim Sherwood, who set the world alight nowhere, and a French manager with no Premier League experience. It's not like they had people knocking down the door to manage them then.

I think a lot of managers will see how someone with the quality of Di Matteo has a) not been able to win many games with the players he has and b) been sacked after 124 days and think twice about an offer. As before with Villa, I think a really stupid amount of money will have to be offered to get anyone decent on board.

I think à really stupid amount of money Will be offered to attract a new manager but it will be like a goldleafed sticking plaster .

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really ?

Poor record otherwise

All opinions of course

he actually has a very good record before Villa,

He did well at MK Dons, Chelsea, West Borm and Schalke 04

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

It's a basket case of a club right now, and the most damning thing is the players now aren't even the ones from last year.

I do think it takes more than 11 games to gel, but also look how top heavy that squad is. You can't get Kodjia, McCormack, Ayew, Adomah & Grealish in the same team, so why buy three of them this summer (when you already had Gestede as backup). I can't believe RDM wanted JK for that reason so the signing looks to have been made by the owner. If you're LJ, why walk into that mess of players signed over your head when he has the final say here?

Also, LJ had said he likes coaching and improving players. Would he get the chance to sign potential at Villa, or would he have to play the big buys - and are people like Jack Grealish really going to listen to Lee Johnson?

There are reasons for taking it if offered (money), but LJs chances of completing the challenge at that club would be seriously undermined by the above - and for that reason, can't see him taking it if offered 

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/profile/3-adamb/ 

Would you print this out and put it on the head coach's desk please!

Thank you.

17 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really ?

Poor record otherwise

All opinions of course

Third place in League One in his first season with MK Dons

Automatic promotion from the Championship in his first season with Wesr Brom

Premier League manager of the month in his second month of the following season

An FA Cup and Champions League with Chelsea

A high average win percentage 

I'd say that's a pretty good CV.

Archived