IGNORED

QPR Away

Chairman Mao

37 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Really want to go but £34 for a restricted view seat?!

They have to say restricted view because officially it is. You can't see the entire pitch when sat down, but it's really not THAT bad. 

It's not like you are sat directly behind a pillar. 

I think they do have some severely restricted view seats in the home ends that they sell off cheaply when there is a sell out. Makes you wonder why they would put a seat in a severely restricted view position in the first place..?! 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

77/78.

It didn't hit Parkes on the leg thankfully, but living temporarily in London at the time, the Thames News (?) on the Monday evening led with the story and showed a close up of the knife stuck in the mud near the penalty spot.

Long time ago, so maybe it was 77/78. It was a pen knife, I was sure it hit him on the leg, but the flat of the blade and bounced off. Parkes to his credit looked pretty shocked, but played on. Must have been another later match with the plastic pitch. I like QPR, good club who do an awful lot with my son's special school, and have decent local fans - many of Irish heritage, but many don't live locally anymore. 

26 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

We had a restricted view seat last year, about 3 rows back from the front. They turned out to be cracking seats. 

and you are really close to the pitch. Great ground to watch City play even if I don't think we have a great record there?

14 hours ago, Clevedon_Red said:

Only went once and City lost 3-0 with Patrick Agyemang having a great game. I think City signed him on loan the following season...the less said about that loan spell the better!

When was the last time City returned with 3 points from the ground? Think they won on pens in a cup game 10 odd years ago?

I remember being 1-0 up there until the 92nd minute and then Karl Ready I think equalised to cancel out Matt Hewlett's goal. Was early in the season late 90's I think, so my recollections could be inaccurate! 

3 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

'Gold' or 'Silver' tickets available. Doesn't seem to clarify what the difference is. Anyone know? Silver is a fiver cheaper.

I doubt it's going to matter what seat you've got on your ticket, so why wouldn't everyone just get the cheaper ones?

I'm not ITK, so don't hold me to this... but I suspect that the more expensive "gold" tickets are for better seats than the cheaper "silver" ones. 

Don't tell everyone though or we might not get the choice..! 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

'Gold' or 'Silver' tickets available. Doesn't seem to clarify what the difference is. Anyone know? Silver is a fiver cheaper.

I doubt it's going to matter what seat you've got on your ticket, so why wouldn't everyone just get the cheaper ones?

They are usually quite strict on where you sit, the aisles etc are so narrow it's easier for stewards to monitor the people entering each section

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

... but I suspect that the more expensive "gold" tickets are for better seats than the cheaper "silver" ones. 

@Coxy27 / @Bar BS3 This is the plan for the seats

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Is this going to be pay on the day ?  Won't know until day if I can go. Will go in home end if needs be but would rather not!

Bought ticket today and only restricted view silver and gold available. Asked how many left and I was told about 100. To be honest he didn't seem too sure but if that's correct it's not going to make potd. 

Great turn out for a Tuesday night!!

7 hours ago, allyolly said:

Bought ticket today and only restricted view silver and gold available. Asked how many left and I was told about 100. To be honest he didn't seem too sure but if that's correct it's not going to make potd. 

Great turn out for a Tuesday night!!

Is 1k really that good? We've won four in a row and it's less than a 2 hour trip.  Personally expected us to have to be given more tickets.

On 10/12/2016 at 12:42, Coxy27 said:

I'll be sitting in the Gold seat that I bought - so it does matter...

4 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Alright moneybags, not all of us can afford a golden throne from which to watch.

Ridiculous comment - I spent a few extra quid because I reasonably assumed that Gold Seats would have a better view than Silver Seats - so if I've paid a few extra quid for a better seat I think i'm entitled to sit in it, if that's ok with you?

From your previous post it looks like you think people who have purchased Silver Seats should be able to just sit in Gold Seats? Apologies if I've misunderstood.

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ridiculous comment - I spent a few extra quid because I reasonably assumed that Gold Seats would have a better view than Silver Seats - so if I've paid a few extra quid for a better seat I think i'm entitled to sit in it, if that's ok with you?

From your previous post it looks like you think people who have purchased Silver Seats should be able to just sit in Gold Seats? Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Was just having a laugh at the idea of an actual golden seat :cool:

The last part - you're partially right, I was more looking for anyone who's experienced QPR away in the recent past who could tell me whether it was worth opting for Gold over Silver, but yes I was essentially looking to purchase a silver ticket and then stand/sit in the gold area anyway. It won't be sold out I imagine, but you're absolutely right, if anyone has paid for the gold section and I or anyone else is in their seat I would of course move and hope others would do the same.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

Was just having a laugh at the idea of an actual golden seat :cool:

The last part - you're partially right, I was more looking for anyone who's experienced QPR away in the recent past who could tell me whether it was worth opting for Gold over Silver, but yes I was essentially looking to purchase a silver ticket and then stand/sit in the gold area anyway. It won't be sold out I imagine, but you're absolutely right, if anyone has paid for the gold section and I or anyone else is in their seat I would of course move and hope others would do the same.

It's not the best away ground for comfort and views so I was happy to fork out a bit more to get as good a view as possible. Leg room is appalling in the seats, my mate had to stand for the whole game there once as he's 6 ft 3" and he literally couldn't sit down as there wasn't enough room. The stewards and police weren't happy but there was nothing he could do!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's not the best away ground for comfort and views so I was happy to fork out a bit more to get as good a view as possible. Leg room is appalling in the seats, my mate had to stand for the whole game there once as he's 6 ft 3" and he literally couldn't sit down as there wasn't enough room. The stewards and police weren't happy but there was nothing he could do!

It could be worse. We could be going to Kenilworth Road. 

Archived