IGNORED

Steve cotterill

BcfcDuncs

53 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I remember hearing it at the time.

It also stands to reason that all players signed in that window would have been on a list previously compiled by Burt and his team, and approved by SC, rather than the alternative of MA coming in, ignoring the list, and any contact already made, and promptly swooping for completely different players, at a time when City were between managers and time remaining in the window was short.

MA was due to be announced the day SC left but it was held over because he did. Make of that what you will.

With the sums of money now involved a club has to be run like a business, like it or not.  Very few businesses with large turnover, costly real estate, multi million pounds worth of 'soft' assets (players) would handover full control to a single employee, no matter what results they are achieving.  What's the average lifespan of a manager at a club these days?

It seems the young managers understand this and are willing to accept it, the old guard will just do anything for league position and sod the long term consequences, they'll be off soon so why care?

14 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I see the Spudski unbeatable argument of 'I know what happened on the inside and you don't' has just trumped everything again.

Spudski, as a SOD acolyte, was also the one who told this forum shortly after Cotterill's appointment that

It's alarming that you can't see that we are scrapping for points, treading water again and going no where.

You cant beat insight like that.

Archived