IGNORED

QPR on Tuesday

JasonM88

20 minutes ago, shelts said:

Need those two back in our side. Mathews straight in for Little . Not sure who Smith comes in for tbf. 

Imo Bobby comes in for Pack or O'Neil, (not down to performances simply feel we need more creativity). Agree on Matthews, Also would possibly like to see Golbourne for Paterson and Bryan moved forward but would be very harsh on Paterson based on one game.

2 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

Imo Bobby comes in for Pack or O'Neil, (not down to performances simply feel we need more creativity). Agree on Matthews, Also would possibly like to see Golbourne for Paterson and Bryan moved forward but would be very harsh on Paterson based on one game.

Like your thinking. 

Last nights team selection was fine. Assuming there are no injury issues I can't see any reason to change it for Tuesday. No-one had a really poor game.

The new manager effect was very apparent and that made the difference. Cardiff were very solid and prevented City from creating much all game. That was good play from them and not down to City's weaknesses. 

Sol Bamba was immense. i can't understand why Monk when at Leeds let him go.

I wouldn't change too much. It was our worst performance of the season. They happen. I said it numerous times yesterday, we catered to Cardiff and Warnock though. Focused too much on what they might do and didn't worry about what we needed to do. Imo, that started with Bobby being benched. Performance after he came on aside, start with him and that is 90 minutes of energy and attacking threat. Pack and O'Neil loved 5 yard passes to each other and Flint and Hordor. Neither look forward or take a chance. 1 of them is fine and start Bobby. Korey can take his time getting fit as I believe he's more O'Neil than Reid but even Korey gets his head up and will go forward a bit. Matthews will be a huge upgrade but again let's get him 100% fit first. Also another big one is Engvall. We've barely seen him but I'm gonna guess our 2m signing will bring a bit more to a game than wilbs. Wilbs is great when we're are drawing or winning but I had no confidence in getting a couple last night to draw or win. 

So yea, Bobby for Pack or O'Neil. Rest Korey, Matthews and Engvall again if need be. No rush. Rather have them for 30 league games then them sit another 10. The only other thing I'd look at is O'Dowda for Freeman or Paterson. To me, Freeman was worse last night but both don't do a wingers job. They both constantly come inside making less space for Tomlin. Callum will stick to his wing and that helps Tomlin operate. Maybe even time to get Tomlin back out left with Pato in the centre and O dowda on the right. 

8 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

I think that was the problem last night. Personnel but not performance, Oneil and Pack did OK but Bobby plays slightly further forward and there could have been a better link from defence to midfield to forwards.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Drop Freeman not Paterson

Agree , there's something about Patterson I think he'll come good. LF is getting better but still not there at the mo imo.

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Last nights team selection was fine. Assuming there are no injury issues I can't see any reason to change it for Tuesday. No-one had a really poor game.

The new manager effect was very apparent and that made the difference. Cardiff were very solid and prevented City from creating much all game. That was good play from them and not down to City's weaknesses. 

Wasn't just the Colin effect, we were well off the pace. apart from Tomlin who I thought looked close to last year, JB is not looking great against wingers at the moment  so I would put Golbourne in , Reid for Pack (could be either him or GO really) and I would possibly drop Freeman foe COD or give Bryan that spot to sure up the midfield a little , might even consider giving Wilbs a run if Tammy is still struggling from illness but that would be only if he was struggling.

The thing about the squad is that there are options, occasionally LJ will get it wrong but at the moment those occasions are rare.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nobody had a poor game? You are joking?

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Nobody had a poor game? You are joking?

So who had a poor game? 

The defence were pretty solid but City conceded the penalty but that can happen in any game.

Tammy got very poor service. GoN and Pack were stifled by the Cardiff midfielders and found it difficult to make telling passes.  Paterson the same.

Tomlin was the most effective City player because of his superior ball skills but even he struggled at times. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So who had a poor game? 

The defence were pretty solid but City conceded the penalty but that can happen in any game.

Tammy got very poor service. GoN and Pack were stifled by the Cardiff midfielders and found it difficult to make telling passes.  Paterson the same.

Tomlin was the most effective City player because of his superior ball skills but even he struggled at times. 

Bryan, GON, Freeman and Patterson. Not one player played well.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So who had a poor game? 

Bryan was shit

little was shit

abraham ineffective 

pack shit 

freeman shit

paterson shit

there was many bad performances out there. 

15 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Bryan was shit

little was shit

abraham ineffective 

pack shit 

freeman shit

paterson shit

Posted the exact names on a different forum although included GON in that. We were useless last night, and I'm still angry today that we lost but there is no need to for mass changes. 

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Bryan was shit

little was shit

abraham ineffective 

pack shit 

freeman shit

paterson shit

I think your choice of words are very harsh. Just because they weren't great doesn't mean they were shit.

Have a think before posting such 'shit'.

Just to wade in but there were poor performances, it wasn't just solely down to Cardiff as they were organised but not necessarily good.

Bryan struggled most of the game against Noone and gave away penalty 

Abraham was poor and didn't effect game (yes no service but if that's the case you need to change tactic) 

Patterson didn't get involved in the game at all and Freeman showed endeavour but nothing quite came off. 

It worries me more than People think we played well, it's all good having 60% possession but we didn't create enough and you can count on 1 hand our chances all night. 

Fielding

Matthews Flint Magnusson Golbourne

O'Neil

Paterson Tomlin Reid Bryan

Abraham

How does that look?

Golbourne deserves a go at Left back in my eyes, he's been patient behind Bryan who didn't have the best of games yesterday. Hopefully Matthews is fit as when he was last season was very effective. Swap Pack for Reid so we have another sharp agile type in the final third causing problems. Keep Bryan, give him a go further forward, if played further forward got a feeling he might get a goal Tuesday. Hopefully Tammy is fit to start, had a tough time against Bamba and went down momentarily about 65 mins, perhaps tired, would be his 3rd game in a week too, but if fit and firing give him a start.

COYR :) 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

But it didn't occur to you to ask yourself why (in your view) everyone was shit?

No credit to the oppositions tactics and formation?

Player for player we should not be getting stifled by Cardiff. Yes the opposition played well, and set up well, but I would strongly maintain that if players already named had played well they'd have had too much for Cardiff to contain them. So in summary yes Cardiff did well, but if we played well we ought still have too much for them. We didn't, imo because we played very poorly. 

Archived