IGNORED

Reading Away

Selred

I've posted in the Q&A about this but has anyone else noticed how bizarre the pricing is?

How come non-ST holders are being charged £3 more per ticket than anyone else in the ground?

Secondly isn't it cheaper for me to buy a family ticket than 2 adult non-ST's?

Two adults and one under-18 - £39 
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/reading-3359097.aspx#rAghEX5Vq1B7MItM.99

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

I've posted in the Q&A about this but has anyone else noticed how bizarre the pricing is?

How come non-ST holders are being charged £3 more per ticket than anyone else in the ground?

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/reading-3359097.aspx#rAghEX5Vq1B7MItM.99

Guessing the clubs have agreed a reciprocal reward policy for season  ticket holders.

Also guessing that the family area will require people to be in  possession of small people in order to gain access.

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Guessing the clubs have agreed a reciprocal reward policy for season  ticket holders.

Also guessing that the family area will require people to be in  possession of small people in order to gain access.

I've been keeping tabs on it and Reading are charging everyone these prices (which are very good) but are being charged loads in return. I imagine their fans will be stumping up £30 to come to us. Disgraceful away ticket pricing still by City :angry:

• Admin
1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I've been keeping tabs on it and Reading are charging everyone these prices (which are very good) but are being charged loads in return. I imagine their fans will be stumping up £30 to come to us. Disgraceful away ticket pricing still by City :angry:

@Welcome To The Jungle, Reading are ONLY charging the lower price if their opposition agree to reciprocate the deal for their supporters in the return fixture

Clearly we have agreed to honour this

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Welcome To The Jungle, Reading are ONLY charging the lower price if their opposition agree to reciprocate the deal for their supporters in the return fixture

Clearly we have agreed to honour this

Not so. The club has stated that no away fan will pay more than £20 at the Mad Stad this season. They are seeking reciprocal agreements but they are not a requirement for their prices.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/reading-fc-back-twentys-plenty-championship

The above article that @Fat Cigar posted that was published by Reading also does not state any reciprocal requirements. 

10 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Not so. The club has stated that no away fan will pay more than £20 at the Mad Stad this season. They are seeking reciprocal agreements but they are not a requirement for their prices.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/reading-fc-back-twentys-plenty-championship

The above article that @Fat Cigar posted that was published by Reading also does not state any reciprocal requirements. 

So why are non-ST holders being charged £23??

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I don't know, however £23 is still cheaper than almost every other away ticket anyway so is still excellent value. Most people will know a ST holder who is not going if the £3 is an issue 

Don't get me wrong it's still a bargain but I feel it's City trying to get sneaky extra fee's in again.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Apologies @Welcome To The Jungle I'd just assumed that they were part of the FSF campaign for clubs to agree on the pricing for their supporters

Was sure Reading were one of the clubs who only did it if the opposition club agreed to for the Reading visit

• Admin
4 hours ago, Selred said:

From Reading FC @Selred

The Football Supporters Federation has launched a ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ campaign in recent years, designed to limit the cost of adult away ticket prices at football grounds around the country.

The Royals have ‘wholeheartedly’ backed the campaign for visiting supporters in 2016/17 and travelling fans – who are season ticket holders or members of their respective clubs – will be able to watch their side in action against Reading for just £20.

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

From Reading FC @Selred

The Football Supporters Federation has launched a ‘Twenty’s Plenty’ campaign in recent years, designed to limit the cost of adult away ticket prices at football grounds around the country.

The Royals have ‘wholeheartedly’ backed the campaign for visiting supporters in 2016/17 and travelling fans – who are season ticket holders or members of their respective clubs – will be able to watch their side in action against Reading for just £20.

Do we know why only ST holders can watch for £20, not Forever Bristol Sport?

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Do we know why only ST holders can watch for £20, not Forever Bristol Sport?

I imagine that who is entitled to cheaper tickets will be set by Reading, not us, as there is no upside to us charging more. Our membership not only includes the people who bought membership, but also the fans of a whole other club of a different sport. That means that there are a lot of people who qualify for the cheaper option so Reading decided that it would just be ST holders.

7 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why is the one pound to the company that supply the ticketing infrastructure a rip off, but the pound to delivery it isn't?

Or should they not get paid for their service?

IMO so called admin charges are a rip off because you are already paying for the service. And it's not only football of course. However most retail transactions don't carry an additional charge for the transaction itself. All associated costs are rolled into the item cost. Sign of the times it seems. Perhaps a time will come when you'll be charged separately and additionally for the cost of being served in a shop or restaurant, etc.

Just seems barmy to me that you pay for your ticket. Then you pay for paying for your ticket.

And don't get me started on £25 "admin charges" for car insurance when you change your car or add a driver. In addition of course to any actual policy costs.

2 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

IMO so called admin charges are a rip off because you are already paying for the service. And it's not only football of course. However most retail transactions don't carry an additional charge for the transaction itself. All associated costs are rolled into the item cost. Sign of the times it seems. Perhaps a time will come when you'll be charged separately and additionally for the cost of being served in a shop or restaurant, etc.

Just seems barmy to me that you pay for your ticket. Then you pay for paying for your ticket.

And don't get me started on £25 "admin charges" for car insurance when you change your car or add a driver. In addition of course to any actual policy costs.

Umm you've not been to a restaurant recently, have you...?! 

Archived