IGNORED

Atmosphere

formerly known as ivan

How bad was it today? At times it was so quiet you could hear the players on the pitch.

Was a great offer by the club for tickets today and one that I took advantage and maybe it contributed to the lack of atmosphere. Maybe it was the poor game of football and not giving the crowd enough to get excited about, or maybe it was just the occasion.

Was very strange all round.

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

How bad was it today? At times it was so quiet you could hear the players on the pitch.

Was a great offer by the club for tickets today and one that I took advantage and maybe it contributed to the lack of atmosphere. Maybe it was the poor game of football and not giving the crowd enough to get excited about, or maybe it was just the occasion.

Was very strange all round.

Combination of factors; really poor game, regular supporters moving around the ground, lots of people in the top tier, gaps in the lower tier, half term absences, small away following. But mainly the game!

Hopefully those who moan about not being able to buy a season ticket in the top tier will appreciate a little more now why it's better if the lower bowl is prioritised.

Think this -  regular supporters moving around the ground - might have had a lot to with it.  A number of regular faces near us in the Atyeo not there today.  I am not sure who but I think this was stated by somebody else on the thread regarding ticket sales?  Also double Sh*t away support which never helps.

Still, a good ground out win and I am happy.

:clapping:

24 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Safe standing. AG has been shit since we did away with terracing.

Yeah, those days under Russell Osman were exceptional (Liverpool aside)

Ashton Gate isn't too bad for atmosphere at all usually. Compared to most other places. 

Rovers have terracing and the Mem is shite. 

The group of 5 or 6 young (well compared to me) guys who sit in front of me in s21 were missing, presumed moved to west stand. Hats off them to them, they are always trying to start songs which most of s21 (and I presume the rest of the sound stand) pick up on.

missed them today, hope they are back next game. 

The amount of people who keep jabbering on about lack of atmosphere boils my piss because if you all got together it would be louder than the kop, now take your hands out from underneath your bums wave em about a little , shout - yes shout it's not a library it's still classed as a working mans game - just ,and let a bit of passion take over , your wife's not looking you might even enjoy yourselves!

44 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Combination of factors; really poor game, regular supporters moving around the ground, lots of people in the top tier, gaps in the lower tier, half term absences, small away following. But mainly the game!

Hopefully those who moan about not being able to buy a season ticket in the top tier will appreciate a little more now why it's better if the lower bowl is prioritised.

It kinda sealed the deal that I would if possible like my season ticket in the top tier, first row - amazing views of the game. But yeah, economically and atmosphere wise, probably not a good idea until we start rocking 22,000 + a game

34 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Sadly absolutely nothing happened in the first half an hour, no shots, no crunching tackles just dour play. Things did improve but to late to get the crowd very excited.

The game was screaming out for a man to grab it by the balls and kick some testosterone into it...I'm all for playing good flowing, tactical football...but Jeeze....today needed one man that could have changed everything... GERRY GOW...and for me to say such, means it was a truly dire game. Just pleased we won....the only saving grace.

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Tweets from some of our players beg to differ. I can't believe they would say it was a great atmos just to blow smoke up our collective assholes, perhaps it sounds a lot better pitchside?

Know for a fact some of the first team players love the atmosphere at AG and especially appreciate the Atyeo. 

That's all that matters as far as I concerned.

What were people expecting today, the ******* Mestalla?

3 hours ago, Magger1 said:

The amount of people who keep jabbering on about lack of atmosphere boils my piss because if you all got together it would be louder than the kop, now take your hands out from underneath your bums wave em about a little , shout - yes shout it's not a library it's still classed as a working mans game - just ,and let a bit of passion take over , your wife's not looking you might even enjoy yourselves!

Amen, rarely are these threads started by those in the Atyeo. Fair play to the OP if he sings throughout the match like those in the Atyeo try and do but many people who complain about the atmosphere are part of the problem so get out your seat dont start a thread on OTIB

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Know for a fact some of the first team players love the atmosphere at AG and especially appreciate the Atyeo. 

That's all that matters as far as I concerned.

What were people expecting today, the ******* Mestalla?

I thought it was alright, especially second half when we could see they were really trying.

Archived