IGNORED

Atmosphere

formerly known as ivan

13 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Yeah, OK. Not universally crap, but terracing contributes greatly to atmosphere. At least everyone stood in the EE that season, so effectively it was terracing.

Maybe sweeping statements should be avoided!

Fair point. Standing makes all the difference. Simple. 

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

singing sat down feels weird, churches, assemblies, concerts, choirs, singers always stand even if they have seats.

Nowt wrong with singing sat down.

Many a Saturday night with utube , my headphones and one or two beers or ciders I sing along sat down.

Mind you the problems start when I do try and stand up!!!

36 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Nowt wrong with singing sat down.

Many a Saturday night with utube , my headphones and one or two beers or ciders I sing along sat down.

Mind you the problems start when I do try and stand up!!!

Longer headphone cable needed probably :whistle:

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, and the Bristol Post said we were set for our biggest crowd for 'a quarter of a century' - not even the biggest this season...another scoop by the local rag...

It was the biggest home support I guess. Without the 2,500 away fans that have made up other crowds. 

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, and the Bristol Post said we were set for our biggest crowd for 'a quarter of a century' - not even the biggest this season...another scoop by the local rag...

How many would have been in the ground for that prosponed  rovers game when it was rearranged after the Christmas game?

Shit game in January on a tuseday night we got beat 2/0 but the crowd was huge.

We sold more tickets than seats that were on offer that night.

47 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Very valid argument.......Why is it a silly post? You said sit in the atyeo if you like atmosphere. Don't you think that's a silly comment when tickets arnt available in that section?

Tickets are often available in the Atyeo (the opposition frequently don't take up their full allocation); I brought a guest in to the Atyeo with me yesterday.

Regarding atmosphere, my guest doesn't attend live football much  - he usually watches the premiership on Sky. He has never been to the Gate before and was amazed by the size of the ground and new stands. I made excuses about the atmosphere being subdued and quiet due to the poor first half etc. He said "That was quiet?" - he thought we were loud. Anyway, he enjoyed it so much he wants to come along regularly - so I'm hoping he experiences a lively atmosphere on Tuesday.

11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

How many would have been in the ground for that prosponed  rovers game when it was rearranged after the Christmas game?

Shit game in January on a tuseday night we got beat 2/0 but the crowd was huge.

We sold more tickets than seats that were on offer that night.

I remember when the Rovers game got called off, it rained and then the rain froze into this weird invisible ice which was lethal!

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not wishing to get in the way of some Evening Post bashing but....

IMG_0152.PNG

Cheers for putting me straight mate - I don't actually like bashing the local paper, my Dad worked for them, but I could have sworn their tweet just said 'biggest crowd for a quarter of a century..'

Edit: just checked - you are totally correct, the Bristol Post said 'home fans' - my apologies for getting it incorrect

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers for putting me straight mate - I don't actually like bashing the local paper, my Dad worked for them, but I could have sworn their tweet just said 'biggest crowd for a quarter of a century..'

Edit: just checked - you are totally correct, the Bristol Post said 'home fans' - my apologies for getting it incorrect

I must admit when I first saw the article I didn't read home fans and assumed they meant we were getting a bigger crowd than the Newcastle game which would have been a surprise.  Shame they didn't open more of the ground for the Newcastle game as would have been the biggest overall attendance and home attendance, but that's health and safety for you!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Didn't spot that, apologies. Anyway I was only teasing! It's not unreasonable to assume the Post got something wrong!

No need to apologise mate. - they get so much wrong, but I'm happy to put my hand up when I get it wrong too...they try hard! Wish they would undertake proper investigative reporting rather than trawl social media for titbits though! 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No need to apologise mate. - they get so much wrong, but I'm happy to put my hand up when I get it wrong too...they try hard! Wish they would undertake proper investigative reporting rather than trawl social media for titbits though! 

"I stand corrected" said the man in the orthopaedic shoes!

On 10/22/2016 at 19:52, formerly known as ivan said:

How bad was it today? At times it was so quiet you could hear the players on the pitch.

Was a great offer by the club for tickets today and one that I took advantage and maybe it contributed to the lack of atmosphere. Maybe it was the poor game of football and not giving the crowd enough to get excited about, or maybe it was just the occasion.

Was very strange all round.

Awful all game

On 22/10/2016 at 19:52, formerly known as ivan said:

How bad was it today? At times it was so quiet you could hear the players on the pitch.

Was a great offer by the club for tickets today and one that I took advantage and maybe it contributed to the lack of atmosphere. Maybe it was the poor game of football and not giving the crowd enough to get excited about, or maybe it was just the occasion.

Was very strange all round.

I have to say the lady steward in S21 put us off our stride today. The guy who sits behind me is quite vocal, and we all like him for it, however the lady told him to 'keep it down' (and he wasn't even swearing!) then proceeded to watch us all first half until she was moved to the Dolman for the 2nd half. I didn't like being watched continually and felt it was unnecessary, and it certainly ruined the game for me.

19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I have to say the lady steward in S21 put us off our stride today. The guy who sits behind me is quite vocal, and we all like him for it, however the lady told him to 'keep it down' (and he wasn't even swearing!) then proceeded to watch us all first half until she was moved to the Dolman for the 2nd half. I didn't like being watched continually and felt it was unnecessary, and it certainly ruined the game for me.

Do they have the authority to do that?

11 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Do they have the authority to do that?

I don't know, I didn't think so. It certainly put us off. The guy in question had a word with the 'manager' at half time, and he said "don't worry you won't get chucked out". 

When the whole of the Atyeo started to chant '******', I did stand up and challenge him to chuck them all out! :chant6ez:

Archived