IGNORED

Brighton

Top Robin

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We are in for a cracker under the lights next Saturday. Think we can come out on top again at the fortress and move to within 4 points of the automatic places. Didnt think i would be daying that in November ! COYR's !!

Let's hope we can put some saylight between us and the chasing pack.

4 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We are in for a cracker under the lights next Saturday. Think we can come out on top again at the fortress and move to within 4 points of the automatic places. Didnt think i would be daying that in November ! COYR's !!

I think it will be an open game as they will come and attack us which will leave space and opportunities for us which would make a change from teams coming to cancel us out. Fancy a high scoring draw or sneak it by odd goal

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I think I heard on the radio that they have 10 clean sheets this season. Given that we dont do clean sheets I can only see a Brighton win.

This League doesn't conform to such silly things as stats and form I'm afraid . ...it's why I for one love it.

Looking back (as I so often do) for inspiration.

Christmas 1987, Brighton visited. They were unbeaten for 17 games, but were 3-0 down at half time. They then staged a come back and scored twice, so Jordan came on as substitute. He scored a goal and laid on another for an emphatic 5-2 win.

38 minutes ago, 22A said:

Looking back (as I so often do) for inspiration.

Christmas 1987, Brighton visited. They were unbeaten for 17 games, but were 3-0 down at half time. They then staged a come back and scored twice, so Jordan came on as substitute. He scored a goal and laid on another for an emphatic 5-2 win.

That was a cracking match!

Unlikely to be repeated next week...but would be great if it was...

58 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Why does it pain you to say it? Fair play to Brighton I think they are the blueprint for what we want to achieve, full stadium and consistently knocking on the door for promotion.

Coz I live down there and am surrounded by fickle Brighton fans who have only started supporting them because of the new stadium and recent success. They used to get tiny attendances at the Goldstone. Not true fans. 

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Coz I live down there and am surrounded by fickle Brighton fans who have only started supporting them because of the new stadium and recent success. They used to get tiny attendances at the Goldstone. Not true fans. 

Have to disagree, I live down here too and gave to say that Brighton have been very good at attracting new supporters and building their fan base up, obviously their new ground helps, but they have worked hard on bringing kids in, such as offering discounted tickets and coach travel for local kids football teams, well priced season tickets and the like. They are having to compete with London clubs for support, even Charlton were running supporters coaches up from round here.

From a football side they are also slowly building their team and I for one have no problem for a team not benefiting from parachute payments getting promoted, if it happens for them this season and indeed us.

I suspect that theirs is a model that the Bristol Sport management would have looked at closely when developing Ashton Gate

I'm not sure we are playing well enough currently to beat them on Sat, a point would be a good result.

10 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I really don't think we of all people should be calling out the fickleness of other fans. 

10 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Isn't that how you grow a club?  You have to attract new fans at some stage.  Terrible if the original core of supporters look at the new batch with that sort of disdain.  You could only call them fickle if they disappear at the first signs of hardship.

Archived