IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Every Championship side will watch this and see that we are incapable of breaking down teams when the opposition defend narrow, Cardiff did the same against us. LJ needs to have a total rethink tactics wise.

As I jokingly quoted the Major earlier, in which he was correct, 

"Width and penetration"

Significant recruitment drive required in January methinks.

Bryan and Lttle completely out of their depth at this level, Smith and GON failed to implement anything positive. Patterson/O'Dowda lots to learn. Depressingly predictable Plan B is to launch hopeful long balls forward which were a doddle for the Brighton defence to deal with.

• Like 2

Well that was poor. To be fair though, I feel we had a huge sag in the middle.of the park, many didnt have bad days. 

O Donnell - 3 - he had one job, stand in the goal, he didn't. 

Golbourne - 6 - Not bad, stopped the runs, tried to get forward. 

Flint + Mag - 8 - Solid. No major input on either of the goals, which will frustrate them

Little - 5 - I've said all season he looks lost at this level. I stand by it but he's not terrible by any means. 

Bryan - 5 - just didn't get in to it. Prefer him at LM to LB though. 

O Neil - 3 - Might be generous? Dreadful. 

Korey - 4 - barely noticeable. Ironic that my phone just changed Korey to 'sorry'

Tomlin - 8 - tried more than any other to push, largely.frustrated and outnumbered. 

Paterson - 6 - I nearly forgot him, which says a lot. But he always goes forward and I like that about him. 

Abraham - 7 - same as Tomlin but didn't get the ball as much, these long balls are no good for the lad. 

Subs; 

Wilbs - 8 - Hugely positive impact as always. Should of had a pen. 

Reid - 4 - just as awful as the man he replaced. 

O Dowda -5 - not on long, and not much impact. 

Edited by mattjtsmith
4 minutes ago, mattjtsmith said:

Well that was poor. To be fair though, I feel we had a huge sag in the middle.of the park, many didnt have bad days. 

O Donnell - 3 - he had one job, stand in the goal, he didn't. 

Golbourne - 6 - Not bad, stopped the runs, tried to get forward. 

Flint + Mag - 8 - Solid. No major input on either of the goals, which will frustrate them

Little - 5 - I've said all season he looks lost at this level. I stand by it but he's not terrible by any means. 

Bryan - 5 - just didn't get in to it. Prefer him at LM to LB though. 

O Neil - 3 - Might be generous? Dreadful. 

Korey - 4 - barely noticeable. Ironic that my phone just changed Korey to 'sorry'

Tomlin - 8 - tried more than any other to push, largely.frustrated and outnumbered. 

Paterson - 6 - I nearly forgot him, which says a lot. But he always goes forward and I like that about him. 

Abraham - 7 - same as Tomlin but didn't get the ball as much, these long balls are no good for the lad. 

Subs; 

Wilbs - 8 - Hugely positive impact as always. Should of had a pen. 

Reid - 4 - just as awful as the man he replaced. 

O Dowda -5 - not on long, and not much impact. 

A little generous for Wilbs & Tomlin who I would have given 7s too, and a little harsh on Reid who at least tried to make things happen, but pretty much agree with the rest.

Didn't expect a win tonight and obviously didn't get one but the performance was garbage. 

Says a lot when the best cross of the night comes from your striker. 

Brighton were fitter, faster and stronger, we were left with players blowing out of their ass and could have been totally humiliated if the numerous chances they had were converted. 

Magnusson was decent...that's my only positive thing I'll take from the game. 

Tomlin, love him to bits but he just goes missing for large parts of the game and with it goes any decent outlet we have. 

Oneill, dogshit of a game and if that's his worst performance of the season then so be it. 

Little, well god loves a trier and I applaud him for doing so but we really need a RB in January as Matthews appears to have 'Toure-itis'. 

• Like 1

We could have had 100% possession in the second half, it would make no difference. Brighton were content to sit in, defend narrow and say to us can you break us down. I think we have all seen tonight that we haven't got the nous to hurt teams who are happy to defend a lead.

Away from home it's a bit different because home crowds won't allow their team to sit on a lead. November's away games will decide which way our season is going to go imo.

Trying to be positive, after last season we were looking to improve this season, not necessarily expecting promotion.

May be our expectations have got too high because of the start we had to the season.

If we were still targeting a mid table finish this year, with further strengthening next summer, things look like they are going pretty much to plan.

We don't want to emulate our rugby friends and go up and be so far off the pace (albeit we'd get fantastic parachute payments!)