IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Yesterday's overall vibe on otib:

I think it's going to be a loss tomorrow. Could even be a big loss. Not looking forward to it. Could be shown up. They could seriously undo us tomorrow.

This evenings overall vibe on otib:

F@ck! Oh my god we're so sh1t! We're nowhere near ready for top six! They're picking us apart!

For me league position is irrelevant, team performance and individual contribution is what I want to see. 

Tonight, the team have been poor and there have been far too many individual performances below the standard expected.

Even forgetting about defence, our attack is based on us having a top young striker,  who nevertheless still relies on great service. The main supplier is/should be Tomlin, who has brilliance but doesn't run the game every time. If we don't have our main goalscoring midfielders in the team or on song, then the pressure is all on Tammy and Tomlin. 

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

For me league position is irrelevant, team performance and individual contribution is what I want to see. 

Tonight, the team have been poor and there have been far too many individual performances below the standard expected.

A half time Johnson team talk and one city goal later and watch this place turn into a pit of optimism 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

How far off promotion we seem this afternoon

A definite rain check 

Two more transfer windows said Lee before we can compete for promotion.  Dead right on this display

Perhaps we can see three goals to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.  But I seriously doubt it sadly

Sensible. And my thougts exactly. The next 45 minutes are going to be torturous again and we may even concede a couple more but lets just try and remember how much better off we are from last year. Games like this are the exception now, then they were the norm.

Very poor, very slow we lack ideas going forward, when we have a chance of a set piece or a chance to have a shot we look lost.

Little wont go past his man, Bryan is having a mare, Tammy looks isolated, defensively we look so pedestrian it like they're wearing concrete boots!

Some nice fancy passing in between but where it matters there is just nothing there,  let in an early goal and i fear a landslide.

3 minutes ago, screech said:

Brighton are looking a very good side, they are pressing us all over the pitch and it's forcing us to play longer balls. We aren't moving off the ball enough in centre midfield, and playing incredibly narrow on the right.

First post I've seen to credit Brighton with how poorly they're making us play. Their quality, tight setup and organisation that's forcing our hand. 

Just the hallmarks of a better side. We knew it before kick off. Yes we want more fight and the goals were disappointing. But when did we last concede and it wasn't disappointing?

Sometimes you get beaten by a better team. 

• Like 3