IGNORED

Pathetic stewarding and no Police about

Between heaven and hell

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Far too sensible of you to suggest the obvious! But then the Club is run by a bunch of flag wavers who don't realise their ass is for sitting on?

Didn't realise that was traditional at football, to sit on your arse all game. You would've probably had a much better time if you sat by the fire on you're nice comfy sofa watching the game from the box. Fans like you are disrespectful. Those group of lads put alot of effort into making the atmosphere good for matchdays, more than you will ever contribute sitting on your arse.

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Far too sensible of you to suggest the obvious! But then the Club is run by a bunch of flag wavers who don't realise their ass is for sitting on?

And my legs are for standing on.

What's your point, please make one cidered.

25 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The ones that chose to stay in a crap location where the numbers would be limited?

When exactly did they get a choice? It was the club who put them there. Originally the plans were for them to go in the South Stand but those were scrapped over that - at best - tenuous excuse about rake % allegedly being 'unsafe' (absolute rubbish).

The initial discussions about going in Dolman A+B were scrapped as that group didn't want to displace fans who'd been there for years.

They were given two crap options really. Either stay somewhere with 0 growth potential or displace other supporters.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

When exactly did they get a choice? It was the club who put them there. Originally the plans were for them to go in the South Stand but those were scrapped over that - at best - tenuous excuse about rake % allegedly being 'unsafe' (absolute rubbish).

The initial discussions about going in Dolman A+B were scrapped as that group didn't want to displace fans who'd been there for years.

They were given two crap options really. Either stay somewhere with 0 growth potential or displace other supporters.

They had the choice for Dolman A+B, but didn't take it because they didn't want to displace the people already there, many of whom moved away.

The club could have dealt with things better, but so too could the fans. Better communication and they would have found out that many of Dolman A+B were moving, meaning they could have moved there and the singing section would have grown naturally.

Instead it was the easy option of locking themselves into a corner with a known limited area of LESS than last season.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

They had the choice for Dolman A+B, but didn't take it because they didn't want to displace the people already there, many of whom moved away.

The club could have dealt with things better, but so too could the fans. Better communication and they would have found out that many of Dolman A+B were moving, meaning they could have moved there and the singing section would have grown naturally.

Instead it was the easy option of locking themselves into a corner with a known limited area of LESS than last season.

Where's your evidence to conclusively say many would've moved away?

It's simply not good enough for the club to provide two poor options like they did.

I don't feel like the club have catered to all supporter 'groups'. It's great that there's ample facility for people who want a good seat and view of the game, kids/families and disabled facilities - what they didn't factor in in my view was people who want to stand, wave flags and make noise. I believe that theoretically the lower dolman and south stand can be retrofitted with safe standing - It's taking so long to get safe standing legalised that we could have a situation where the Atyeo group are displaced before it becomes legal and commonplace. 

They're a really important part of our support, I feel that noisy vocal support can make a real positive difference to how the team plays. I feel the club should've done more to cultivate that support and allow it to grow. Mediocre compromise after compromise and shoving them to all the crappiest corners of the ground won't generate a great atmosphere at Ashton Gate.

James BCFC "They had the choice for Dolman A+B, but didn't take it because they didn't want to displace the people already there, many of whom moved away"

A/ There clearly would not have been space,
B/ Fans in the Dolman including fans reps who attend FAN meetings were against it.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 21:40, Between heaven and hell said:

How the hell can rival supporters be allowed to get so close in the ground when it's not necessary due to poor stewarding.

How the hell can some idiot climb over the meshing have a fight with the opposition fans then climb back over and escape the stewards.

Why we're there no Police around today walking back after the game and not a copper to be seen anywhere. some weeks we have a complete over kill and today none?

When I read this, it sounds the same as when people blame the Government for everything, and the Education system for their kids being halfwits and feral.

And we still complain about 'restrictions' and fans being treated like human beings.

Would love to see fans 'self police', and throw anyone behaving like a *****, out of the stand.

No offence to the op...but the blame culture makes me sick.

If certain fans stopped behaving like Pricks then we wouldn't need police or Stewards. Fault lays totally with the fans in question.

As someone else said a few months ago, next year displace the family section somewhere else, maybe front of Dolman like it used to be, put the singers in the Heineken corner, where their standing wont annoy or obstruct the views of people in blocks either side. Being in that corner the atmosphere will grow either side into the South Stand or Dolman. The away fans can have the whole of the Atyeo and the top tier will be open more often, hopefully.

None of this was my idea, cant remember the poster who said this originally, but I think it solves the problem neatly. As Spud says above the fault is with the fans/idiots who start the trouble so doing this will stop trouble within the stadium.

16 minutes ago, gl1 said:

As someone else said a few months ago, next year displace the family section somewhere else, maybe front of Dolman like it used to be, put the singers in the Heineken corner, where their standing wont annoy or obstruct the views of people in blocks either side. Being in that corner the atmosphere will grow either side into the South Stand or Dolman. The away fans can have the whole of the Atyeo and the top tier will be open more often, hopefully.

None of this was my idea, cant remember the poster who said this originally, but I think it solves the problem neatly. As Spud says above the fault is with the fans/idiots who start the trouble so doing this will stop trouble within the stadium.

It's a mad world fella.... Can't believe we still have to have segregation in this day and age...fighting over a football team...how sad is someone if they feel the need to do this. :facepalm:

I really want an area of the ground, apart from hospitality, where home and away fans can sit together, and feel free to celebrate or have some banter together, without wanting to bash their head in.

I want to bring my friends who support other teams to the ground, sit with them and have a laugh, just as we would if we were sat in front of the tv watching a game together.

When I go away, I don't want to stand or sit in an 'Away' end...or have to do hospitality. I want to watch football from the side of the ground with mates who support other teams...how sad that we can't do that because someone might take offence if someone celebrates their team scoring...mental :grr:

• Admin
20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And what was the one man pitch invasion all about towards the end!

I was amused by it and it seemed to receive a great reaction from those in the Atyeo; just wondering what they were marking/celebrating.

Couldn't see if they were sporting a poppy or not, but I assume it was something along those lines!

The kid is an embarresment!

At what level does anyone think this is funny?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-fan-s-pants-pitch-invasion-as-he-pulls-a-moonie-to-get-the-crowd-going/story-29872127-detail/story.html

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Well there was nothing going on with the match at that point, he wasn't being aggressive just clearly in very very high spirits.

So the absurdity of the semi clothed pitch dancer raised a smile. 

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well there was nothing going on with the match at that point, he wasn't being aggressive just clearly in very very high spirits.

So the absurdity of the semi clothed pitch dancer raised a smile. 

Interesting, personally I think he looks an idiot at best - why did he feel the need to strip off and go onto the pitch?

Sadly for him he's probably banned from the ground now, for what at best was high jinks

8 hours ago, spudski said:

It's a mad world fella.... Can't believe we still have to have segregation in this day and age...fighting over a football team...how sad is someone if they feel the need to do this. :facepalm:

I really want an area of the ground, apart from hospitality, where home and away fans can sit together, and feel free to celebrate or have some banter together, without wanting to bash their head in.

I want to bring my friends who support other teams to the ground, sit with them and have a laugh, just as we would if we were sat in front of the tv watching a game together.

When I go away, I don't want to stand or sit in an 'Away' end...or have to do hospitality. I want to watch football from the side of the ground with mates who support other teams...how sad that we can't do that because someone might take offence if someone celebrates their team scoring...mental :grr:

Have to agree with some of the points you have made on this thread spuds. as we all know this is not just an English problem but throughout europe, latin america, even the U.S have its problems. Mind I haven't seen or heard of any trouble in japan yet, they are more self controlled I suppose. 

I would really like to know from anyone, when was segregation first introduced into this country? As we all know fans used to mix in the early stages well up to the 50s. So I suppose it came in the late 50s or early 60s? Was this down to trouble or financial reasons? such as the clubs wanting to charge different groups of supporters in different stands? Or was it down to mods and rockers scrapping 

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Don't Fulham have a 'mixed' area? I'm sure I've seen highlights where some people jump up to celebrate while many others just sit there.

with you on not being able to take mates or sit with them if they support the opposition. As my head office is in Sheffield I have plenty of colleagues who support Sheffield weds, Leeds, Huddersfield and Barnsley. Would be good to be able to have a beer and sit with them to watch (city taking all 3 points)

8 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Don't Fulham have a 'mixed' area? I'm sure I've seen highlights where some people jump up to celebrate while many others just sit there.

with you on not being able to take mates or sit with them if they support the opposition. As my head office is in Sheffield I have plenty of colleagues who support Sheffield weds, Leeds, Huddersfield and Barnsley. Would be good to be able to have a beer and sit with them to watch (city taking all 3 points)

I believe Fulham do...Just wish there could be a section for this at every ground, outside of hospitality.

fans didn't travel much in the 50 and 60's threshing red. when they started in the late sixties in went the segregation quickly mid seventies in Citys case. seems to be a lot of want this want that on these type of threads. wonder if those making these sessions would do so if it affected where they sit with their friends and family? doubt it.

14 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Have to agree with some of the points you have made on this thread spuds. as we all know this is not just an English problem but throughout europe, latin america, even the U.S have its problems. Mind I haven't seen or heard of any trouble in japan yet, they are more self controlled I suppose. 

I would really like to know from anyone, when was segregation first introduced into this country? As we all know fans used to mix in the early stages well up to the 50s. So I suppose it came in the late 50s or early 60s? Was this down to trouble or financial reasons? such as the clubs wanting to charge different groups of supporters in different stands? Or was it down to mods and rockers scrapping 

If you watch the Bundesliga you will see plenty of away fans in the home end openly wearing colours. Most grounds in Germany say 

1) No home fans in the away end

2) No away fans in the vocal home section (like the south stand at dortmund is no away fans) but the rest of the ground you are free to watch as a fan of either team in your colours.

28 minutes ago, matalan12 said:

you can. just don't celebrate like a mad man if we score. its pretty simple.

don't understand the urge for a mixed area. will kill whats left of any sort of atmosphere at football.

As I said above. It happens in Germany and their atmospheres are far better than ours. So long as you still have an away end and a home section then it works fine.

• Admin
30 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As I said above. It happens in Germany and their atmospheres are far better than ours. So long as you still have an away end and a home section then it works fine.

There is much more to it than that though, alcohol laws, safe standing , price of seats 

1 hour ago, matalan12 said:

you can. just don't celebrate like a mad man if we score. its pretty simple.

don't understand the urge for a mixed area. will kill whats left of any sort of atmosphere at football.

Totally disagree...as has been suggested...if you keep an away section and a home end, then you will still get your 'atmosphere'.

I've sat in mixed areas in Europe. If you go to watch the Rome Derby for example, the atmosphere is mental....yet there is an area for families who have members who support both sides. They all end up jumping up and down when their team scores, but they don't get slapped or punched in that area. In saying that...anywhere else in the ground is like a war zone.

Still can't get my head around someone wanting to kick someone's head in, if an opposition fan got up and celebrated a goal. Lots of banter I can understand, but giving someone a kicking....really?

You can understand why some people don't bother going now...Andrew Flintoff has stopped going to football....like he said, who wants to go and watch a sport where you can't sit next to a mate who supports the opposition relaxed.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

There is much more to it than that though, alcohol laws, safe standing , price of seats 

I'm merely pointing out that the majority of noise at AG comes from the Atyeo be it the home or away bits. This would not change as no home fans would be in the away bit and no away fans in the home bit. In fact if the guy next to you is vocally supporting the away team more City fans may be inclined to drown him out so o speak. At Twickenham for the Bristol vs Quinns game I got into a shouting match with the guy next to me (who I really got on with) supporting our teams. My mates joined in, then his mates did, then it spread.

Archived