IGNORED

Pathetic stewarding and no Police about

Between heaven and hell

19 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Mind I haven't seen or heard of any trouble in japan yet, they are more self controlled I suppose. 

Woah steady there fella. Once those bad boys get involved we are all stuffed. 

Never mind Danny Dyer, even the bloody Russians would shut up once the firm from FC Fukushima roll up. Ninjas, Samurai, Sumo and Kamikazi - No thanks.

• Admin
6 minutes ago, matalan12 said:

Not overly fussed about what Freddie thinks of football.

My counter argument would be who WOULD want to go and watch a sport where you CAN sit next to a mate and support opposing teams relaxed?

Rugby, cricket, tennis, basketball, in fact near enough every sport. take your pick. its one of the many things that makes football stand out from anything else. imho

True - I watch Somerset and attend with a Sag head - that is a bad enough experience !

6 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If you watch the Bundesliga you will see plenty of away fans in the home end openly wearing colours. Most grounds in Germany say 

1) No home fans in the away end

2) No away fans in the vocal home section (like the south stand at dortmund is no away fans) but the rest of the ground you are free to watch as a fan of either team in your colours.

I've been to Dortmund and I didn't see this to be honest. They have a far more active hooligan issue that we do nowadays and booze is drunk in the stadium itself so such a policy is asking for it. Couldn't imagine some chap from Schalke anywhere else but in the away end but not saying it isn't the case of course.

Definitely see it in Spain. Definitely don't see it in Italy.

Lets be honest. the away allocation can now be 2,700 and hardly any team will come close to that so apart from some random Geordie or Villain there doesn't appear to be any justification for away fans to be in home areas.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I've been to Dortmund and I didn't see this to be honest. They have a far more active hooligan issue that we do nowadays and booze is drunk in the stadium itself so such a policy is asking for it. Couldn't imagine some chap from Schalke anywhere else but in the away end but not saying it isn't the case of course.

Lets be honest. the away allocation can now be 2,700 and hardly any team will come close to that so apart from some random Geordie or Villain there doesn't appear to be any justification for away fans to be in home areas.

Very true @Loon plage, many peoples opinions are made on what they believe to be real rather what actually happens !

22 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Check out the fan clothing section of Dortmund's policy

http://www.bvb.de/eng/Tickets/Information-GTC/Information

Dortmund is perhaps a bad example as getting tickets is really hard.

However if you watch dortmund play away on the TV anywhere bar Munich or Schalke there are always very obvious yellow clad fans in the home sections like hoffenheim below.

bvbfans_sinsheim-1313406857_zoom22_crop_

50 minutes ago, matalan12 said:

Not overly fussed about what Freddie thinks of football.

My counter argument would be who WOULD want to go and watch a sport where you CAN sit next to a mate and support opposing teams relaxed?

Rugby, cricket, tennis, basketball, in fact near enough every sport. take your pick. its one of the many things that makes football stand out from anything else. imho

I would say the majority of football fans would like an area in the ground where you could sit with a mate who supported the other team.

32 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

You do see it in Italy, as I've done it myself. Yes...Italy is mental when it comes to Ultras and fanatics...but I've sat in areas of the ground that both sets of supporters sat... in Milan, Rome, Turin, Bologna and Genoa.

Ticketing in Italy isn't so easy these days, so they have areas where families and tourists sit, mainly at the larger grounds. I've sat next to my Roma supporting buddy whilst at the Rome Derby,and never once wanted to smash his head in when Roma scored...and neither did the fans in this area want to either.

I've also done the same in Spain.

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very true @Loon plage, many peoples opinions are made on what they believe to be real rather what actually happens !

Not in this case eh mate ;-)

Of course most football Clubs have problem fans and very active...but restrictions and regulations are different to here as you know. So there are clubs where fans are allowed areas where all can sit.

I know...because I've done it.

57 minutes ago, matalan12 said:

majority? big shout that.

Only going by football fans I talk to...from 'ultras' to 'prawn sandwich'...not one has said they'd have a problem with having part of any ground open to such a suggestion.

Perhaps I should start a poll to see how forum users would feel :-)

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 13:14, cidered abroad said:

Far too sensible of you to suggest the obvious! But then the Club is run by a bunch of flag wavers who don't realise their ass is for sitting on?

Sorry 'super fan' for wanting to stand and encourage the team.

I'll sit and eat cucumber sandwich at the next home game. :whistle:

Archived