IGNORED

Are you in the LJ should leave group?

reddogkev

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Don't respond if you're not in the group, it's not rocket science! :whistle:

I've heard so much crap spouted online that LJ isn't good enough, for whatever reason, that my blood has literally boiled.  Glad that in reality, no one feels this way. Kind of makes me feel easier about reading the Little Lee thread.

Where have you read it then? Because I don't see people saying it on here.

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Calm down, fella.  I' was just trying to prove a point, entirely your choice to respond.  Truth is, no city fan on OTIB feels this way, which is what I needed to clarify, for the sake of my sanity!

I don't just start threads for the heck of it, what the hell would be the point of that?

Mate, I'm as calm as can be. It's not rocket science this, either: some fans didn't like Johnson as a player and they will call for him to go at some point. But it's not now, as you seem to be inferring. You seem to be indicating there are this group of people who have the knives out, after a couple of defeats and a 'slump' (my word) from 6th to 10th.

You've gone from is there anyone on otib who wants rid of him because apparently there's a lot of nonsense doing the rounds (if so, go and start a thread on those nonsense sites, then) to, 'good, no-one wants rid' and the "truth" being no City fan on otib feeling that way. How do you know?

Mate, get a grip, this is such an awful, awful thread. I would normally pass striaght over shyte threads like this, but, as Spud says, this kind of thing has wider impact than you realise. The fact that so many people have ignored your pleas to not respond, but, like me, felt compelled to just trash this is telling. Dear oh dear, I give up. you don't work for the Post, do you, Stockhausen?

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Where have you read it then? Because I don't see people saying it on here.

Seen a lot of crap on social media.  And come on, the Little Lee thread has it's fair share of LJ crap.  I rate Lee J very, very highly, and it infuriates me to see his managerial skill being tarnished by a 1-0 defeat to Birmingham.

8 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Mate, I'm as calm as can be. It's not rocket science this, either: some fans didn't like Johnson as a player and they will call for him to go at some point. But it's not now, as you seem to be inferring. You seem to be indicating there are this group of people who have the knives out, after a couple of defeats and a 'slump' (my word) from 6th to 10th.

You've gone from is there anyone on otib who wants rid of him because apparently there's a lot of nonsense doing the rounds (if so, go and start a thread on those nonsense sites, then) to, 'good, no-one wants rid' and the "truth" being no City fan on otib feeling that way. How do you know?

Mate, get a grip, this is such an awful, awful thread. I would normally pass striaght over shyte threads like this, but, as Spud says, this kind of thing has wider impact than you realise. The fact that so many people have ignored your pleas to not respond, but, like me, felt compelled to just trash this is telling. Dear oh dear, I give up. you don't work for the Post, do you, Stockhausen?

But you don't get it, do you? I'm relieved no one wants LJ to leave, and I felt the need to know for sure.  If you don't like the thread, then so be it, your choice, it's a free world.

5 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I know we should all band together as we love the same team but my god, there's two or three of you guys out there that are truly and madly utter nobheads. I'll tell you what, lets just sack all the players aswell! And Lansdown! Get him out straight away. 

I completely agree but i dont reddogkev meant for this thread to have the same desired effect as its had. Regardless it creates negativity and this only adds to it.

11 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I completely agree but i dont reddogkev meant for this thread to have the same desired effect as its had. Regardless it creates negativity and this only adds to it.

Truth be told, like I've said, I wanted to know if any users on here felt this way, because reading some of the other threads it is sometimes hard to tell.

But, despite some of the negative comments aimed to LJ, it is clear no one actually feels this way.

So, all is good!  This thread has turned into defence / praise for LJ, which has answered the question for me.

12 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

But you don't get it, do you? I'm relieved no one wants LJ to leave, and I felt the need to know for sure.  If you don't like the thread, then so be it, your choice, it's a free world.

From reading your threads Reddogkev you seem a nice guy with good intentions so don't take it personally.. but I've got to ask, what were you expecting exactly? You're a regular poster and know how this place works, it was never going to 'quickly drop off the forum'. 

To me it felt subtlety provocative.. poking the hornets nest as you knew it'd get responses.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Truth be told, like I've said, I wanted to know if any users on here felt this way, because reading some of the other threads it is sometimes hard to tell.

But, despite some of the negative comments aimed to LJ, it is clear no one actually feels this way.

So, all is good!  This thread has turned into defence / praise for LJ, which has answered the question for me.

Surprised thatch hasn't been on...

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

From reading your threads Reddogkev you seem a nice guy with good intentions so don't take it personally.. but I've got to ask, what were you expecting exactly? You're a regular poster and know how this place works, it was never going to 'quickly drop off the forum'. 

To me it felt subtlety provocative.. poking the hornets nest as you knew it'd get responses.

There has been a few on here (not many mind) who are still doubting his appointment as from some posts yesterday. You would think by now that they could let it go.

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh, it was meant to be provocative, to bring out any doubters of LJ, I fancied a bit of an internet row with them!  But, they don't even exist!

Or if they do, they don't have the stones to face me in this arena!

17 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I get it, I'm not thick, mate! But, personally, I reckon you could have answered your own question by one of two better methods:

1) not started a thread at all (because, as you state, you know no-one on otib wants him to leave)

or

2) started it with a positive thread title...Are you, like me, in the Johnson needs a little more time group etc etc (there are a million ways to adapt that)

Putting the words Johnson and leave together is just plain daft. Especially given you don't want him to leave. I want Tammy/Flint/Hordur to stay, so I probably wouldn't start a thread with "Are you in the Tammy/Flint/Hordur should go group?"

Anyway, as you say, it's a free world. 

3 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

I'm sitting on the fence till these groups reveal their merch.

Is it the normal quid for ten stickers two cider tokens a badge?

Well, I don't know about the merch, but I'll happily be the leader of the LJ group, though it seems that the other group isn't so much a group, perhaps just one or two people.

I guess I've won already.

If only it was that easy for Rick to overcome Negan....

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Lets not be like the rag ass rovers and call for their managers head after two straight two defeats and celebrate the automatica after two straight wins.

On to Reading... 

Surely the biggest club on the planet are used to success now hence the call for Clarkes head... how can that huge club have slipped from basically winning the league to 8th in 2 weeks? ;)

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Don't respond if you're not in the group, it's not rocket science! :whistle:

I've heard so much crap spouted online that LJ isn't good enough, for whatever reason, that my blood has literally boiled.  Glad that in reality, no one feels this way. Kind of makes me feel easier about reading the Little Lee thread.

Classic use of "literally" there.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think there's a real group of people who think LJ should go. If there is, they're either morons or didn't want him here because they didn't like him as a player.

I think pigeon-holing people like this is a bit unfair.

I know a fair number of people who didn't want LJ as our manager because they wanted a more experienced manager at this level with a decent track record.

They aren't morons and they didn't dislike him as a player, 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know a fair number of people who didn't want LJ as our manager because they wanted a more experienced manager at this level with a decent track record.

Huge difference between not wanting him to get the job 9 months ago, and wanting him sacked now he has us midtable.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, you've misunderstood. I said they're the ones that want him gone right now. Either they hold a grudge based on him as a player or they're just thick. (Mind you, I think we have a higher than average share of thick fans).

It was perfectly valid for people to want a more experienced appointment at the time, I'm not saying everyone who didn't want him initially is a moron. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, you've misunderstood. I said they're the ones that want him gone right now. Either they hold a grudge based on him as a player or they're just thick. (Mind you, I think we have a higher than average share of thick fans).

It was perfectly valid for people to want a more experienced appointment at the time, I'm not saying everyone who didn't want him initially is a moron. 

Ok, cheers for clarifying and apologies for misunderstanding....

5 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

He needs to sort a few issues out, make some tactical changes and get out of some of his own habits - but he should definitely be allowed to do so and given January and beyond to implement. 

Good young manager that's learning the management game. Would only benefit someone else if we got rid!! 

My one criticism of Johnson is I feel sometimes to tries to be too clever and maybe over analysis games. He gives the impression to me to sets us up to counter the opposition, rather than playing our own game. Whilst the opposition set up to play against how they expect us to play. This maybe one the reasons we generally have a poor first half.

However, any talk of replacing Johnson is nonsense. We're competitive in every game, and in comparison to last season that's an achievement.

I would like us to play to our strengths, give Tammy some support up front which I think he needs. Let's see what that does for us

As an older supporter, I have read this thread with interest. Kev, cannot be criticised for starting this as it has obviously created debate. For what it is worth, I was not overly happy with LJ's  appointment as I wasnt with SC and a few more over the years but I have learned to live with who the board has appointed, and supported them, as after all, they manage the team I have supported since being in small trousers. At the end of the day, we are in the Championship ( our natural home over the last many decades), we are not flailing about at the foot of the table, we have a superb stadium in our natural home of Ashton Gate,we have an excellent major shareholder in SL. LJ will do the job, but it doesnt happen overnight, give him time and my belief is that within 2/3 years we will be competing at the top of this league and will have a solid team ,hopefully ready for the biggest leap of all, into the Premiership and believe me at my age I wish it was sooner rather than later but I cant be greedy, I saw the club in Division One and for you younger fans I hope you see a more established Bristol City in years to come in the top flight of football.

Archived