IGNORED

Are you in the LJ should leave group?

reddogkev

This thread is typical of the way football is turning into a crazy mess. The only manager in the top six of the premier league clubs who's neck hasn't been on the line before Christmas is Juergen Klopp. It really is utterly bonkers, and the manager merry go round in general is also laughable.

We are 10th, not 24th and adrift.

It could be worse. We could be watching the kick and rush Barcelona in a Gazebo in Horfield. Now that really would be depressing!

22 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

This thread is typical of the way football is turning into a crazy mess. The only manager in the top six of the premier league clubs who's neck hasn't been on the line before Christmas is Juergen Klopp. It really is utterly bonkers, and the manager merry go round in general is also laughable.

We are 10th, not 24th and adrift.

It could be worse. We could be watching the kick and rush Barcelona in a Gazebo in Horfield. Now that really would be depressing!

Not quite sure what this thread is 'typical' of?  No one has said they want him gone?

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's the fact that it's even being suggested as a possibility.

So far, the evidence here supports that no City fan on OTIB would like to see the back of LJ, so the possibility does not exist.

I just wish we could see the back of some of the unnecessary moaning about Lee whenever we lose a damned game of football.

This thread is exactly what is wrong with modern day football. How could anyone be considering that Lee Johnson should be sacked? The club has moved forward since he has been in charge and seemingly has a bright future with him in charge.

We have hit a poor bit of form but this was always going to happen at some point this season at least once. 

Some football all fans are not very bright in my opinion and we would be better off without them supporting our club.

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think pigeon-holing people like this is a bit unfair.

I know a fair number of people who didn't want LJ as our manager because they wanted a more experienced manager at this level with a decent track record.

They aren't morons and they didn't dislike him as a player, 

I like your post and was in the more experienced manager camp, maybe a " name" , but when LJ got the job I was kinda disappointed but not now. Fortunately I think I can see the bigger picture and what he/ the club are trying to do. As for the gaffa as a player surely he was only in cus dad picked the team , washed the kit etc ....

2 hours ago, GJS said:

This thread is exactly what is wrong with modern day football. How could anyone be considering that Lee Johnson should be sacked? The club has moved forward since he has been in charge and seemingly has a bright future with him in charge.

We have hit a poor bit of form but this was always going to happen at some point this season at least once. 

Some football all fans are not very bright in my opinion and we would be better off without them supporting our club.

But where has someone considered that LJ should be sacked?  I posed this question, granted under a somewhat provocative thread title, and nobody has suggested they want him sacked.

Have you read a post that I've missed?

It seems clear to me that he has the full support of the majority of this forum.

There was a thread recently concerning the mess at Charlton and suggesting that their problems began with foreign owners.

I commented that I had listened to Talksport on the same subject and a pundit reminded everyone that Charlton got rid of Curbishley when they were lying 6th in the premier league. The reason was that fans were getting restless and didn't think Curbishley was the right man to get them to the next level. The umpteen managers they've appointed since 2004 were obviously just the right men to get them to the next level, is the next level was intended to be league 1.

A year ago we were heading for oblivion (league 1) but Lee Johnson achieved almost as impressive a feat in saving us from relegation as did SC the season before in getting promotion back to the championship.

A lot has changed in the last 2/3 years and in particular off the pitch. The redeveloped Ashton Gate, Ashton's appointment but more importantly that the club at least seems to have a coordinated plan across the football club to develop the club and team for the long term and Lee Johnson is an integral part of that plan.

LJ has himself said that it will take 3 transfer windows before we have the team capable of challenging for promotion. I think we were all impressed with the summer signings and the start to the season exceeded the expectations of the majority of fans. I usually expect us to experience a slump around the Autumn, so the last few weeks have hardly been a surprise. However, with the squad we now have there is a strong chance that we will get back on track sooner rather than later.

Unless LJ has fallen out with SL and MA big time, I can;t see any way we should even think about losing Lee Johnson. The last 11 months are just the start of his time as manager at BCFC and there will be some ups and downs along the way, but with everything else that has been happening at the club, if we are patient and give him time then I think there is a strong chance that there will be a lot more ups than downs over the next 3/4 years.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

But where has someone considered that LJ should be sacked?  I posed this question, granted under a somewhat provocative thread title, and nobody has suggested they want him sacked.

Have you read a post that I've missed?

It seems clear to me that he has the full support of the majority of this forum.

Yeh but your thread title suggested the existence of a 'group' of supporters who want Lee sacked...

I'm not sure why I am wading in to a topic that I find hard to believe is up for discussion, but, we have seen too many managers through the exit door since the 1980s, and where has it got us. With few exceptions  (mostly the mega rich clubs like Chelski and Real Madrid), success is built on longevity. For the first time in countless years I see a club with a manager who not only has a clear vision, but has the attributes required to see that vision through. Unless he is drawn away by an offer from a top 6 Premier side, I hope he is around for many years to come.

20 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

This thread is typical of the way football is turning into a crazy mess. The only manager in the top six of the premier league clubs who's neck hasn't been on the line before Christmas is Juergen Klopp.

Eh? Are you saying that Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have all considered sacking their managers before Xmas this season?!

37 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? Are you saying that Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have all considered sacking their managers before Xmas this season?!

Yes. I'm not suggesting that the clubs themselves have considered it, but fans and press have mentioned it. Over the past few weeks I have heard Pep Guardiola struggling to get to grips with the Premiership and not cut out for Premiership Management, Arsenal fans calling for the head of Arsene Wenger like they do every season, Jose Mourinho having completely lost the plot (an overhang from his last stint at Chelsea) and not able to play the "Man Utd" way, Conte failing at Chelsea (until the last few weeks where they have found form), and Pochettino taking Spurs as far as he can (Finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race last season).

It takes one or two games nowadays for fans and media to start calling for a managers head. It is bonkers!

39 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm looking forward to the Post article headlined "Overwhelming majority of City fans fully behind Lee Johnson"...

No chance. Stocky doesn't read OTIB remember? ;)

FWIW, I wasn't happy with LJ when he got the job. But he's proved me wrong. Should we sack him because our RB is a lazy sod who can't be arsed to train and keep himself fit? Or because our strikers are a sussed out 19 year old doing work experience, a middle aged super sub and a fella who is just getting used to being in the country? 

There are many others but they all come to the same. LJ is doing his best. We are in the top half of the table compared to last year when we sat firmly in the rellies. I don't know about others but I'm ecstatic with how we are coming along.

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Should we sack him because our RB is a lazy sod who can't be arsed to train and keep himself fit?

Hes a good player. Things are working out for him with his football for a while now. I  hope its not mental health issue or family illness that is holding him back, could be addiction, Mrs playing away.......its more than just football me thinks

13 minutes ago, shelts said:

Hes a good player. Things are working out for him with his football for a while now. I  hope its not mental health issue or family illness that is holding him back, could be addiction, Mrs playing away.......its more than just football me thinks

I suppose. But I can't help but feel LJ would be a bit more sympathetic if it was one of the above. Not making comments such as AM has had a few misdemeanors. 

If it is one of the above, then I hope he gets the help he needs. If it is a lack of motivation, what's caused it? Is he the sort of player that needs a good kick up the bum or the sort that needs mollycodling? This is what LJ needs to establish.

If he flatly refuses help, there's not a lot BCFC and LJ can do. The old adage of 'you can take a horse to water' might be applied here.

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:
17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I suppose. But I can't help but feel LJ would be a bit more sympathetic if it was one of the above. Not making comments such as AM has had a few misdemeanors. 

If it is one of the above, then I hope he gets the help he needs. If it is a lack of motivation, what's caused it? Is he the sort of player that needs a good kick up the bum or the sort that needs mollycodling? This is what LJ needs to establish.

If he flatly refuses help, there's not a lot BCFC and LJ can do. The old adage of 'you can take a horse to water' might be applied here.

You could be right, he might be doing things a pro shouldn't, misdemeanors possibly as LJ said

5 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yes. I'm not suggesting that the clubs themselves have considered it, but fans and press have mentioned it. Over the past few weeks I have heard Pep Guardiola struggling to get to grips with the Premiership and not cut out for Premiership Management, Arsenal fans calling for the head of Arsene Wenger like they do every season, Jose Mourinho having completely lost the plot (an overhang from his last stint at Chelsea) and not able to play the "Man Utd" way, Conte failing at Chelsea (until the last few weeks where they have found form), and Pochettino taking Spurs as far as he can (Finishing 3rd in a 2 horse race last season).

It takes one or two games nowadays for fans and media to start calling for a managers head. It is bonkers!

It sure is bonkers - Spurs are unbeaten this season in the Premier League!

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm looking forward to the Post article headlined "Overwhelming majority of City fans fully behind Lee Johnson"...

...........where they are ideally placed  to stab him in the back. :shocking:

Archived