IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

So he didn't have a break when the non internationals did. The guy is in his first full season in first team football and being asked to play up front on his own. I would suggest he's going to become a bit jaded and would benefit from a break at some point.

I certainly agree that it's a big ask expecting him to shoulder the goalscoring responsibility, but I would argue that he's 19 years old and should be able to cope with playing a 90-minute match once a week. It's not like he's a box to box midfielder

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Frustrating defeat again but i noticed as soon as we went 2 down we started moving forward with purpose. Bryan looked completely out of place today and was chasing the ball often. Cant fault the second half effort the players gave but again too late in the game to start competing.

We had enough chances but we look scared to shoot at times. We caused them enough trouble, especially going two up top with wilbs who i though was a great impact sub. If tammy had his shooting boots we would have got something from the game but he fluffed two really good opportunities.

Reading are third so not a bad second half performance (despite being end to end in spells) would love to have that McCleary in our team he ripped through our defence on several occasions. 

Lastly.........who was the ****** in the shorts?

Wasnt there today. I assume the shorts man was a Reading fan to the right as you look? 

Noticed him every time ive been to that ground. Proper weirdo!!!

I thought we played well second half and by the end Reading were hanging on but why do we always have to be behind before we really give it a go ?

Is it that we lack self belief or is it that LJ just sets us up defensively . It did look to me that we gave Reading too much respect .Look what happened when we had a go, had them on the ropes .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Have we played again today? ...missed that...if we have can we have some qualified officials and not the clowns we had yesterday!!!!!!!

Shouldn't have to rely on "good officials"to get a result. I really hate that whole "if one or two decisions went our way" mentality. I know bad decisions change games but we should be good enough for it not to matter.

Yes. I live in lalaland. Will get me coat!

2 hours ago, Reading Red said:

Shouldn't have to rely on "good officials"to get a result. I really hate that whole "if one or two decisions went our way" mentality. I know bad decisions change games but we should be good enough for it not to matter.

Yes, and at times we are good enough but when you have the kind of decisions that were made yesterday...I was there to see it ...the odds are stacked...and not in our favour! 

Couldn't get off to a worse start and this due to a diving **** of a player. Second goal was nice and we're chasing the game against a top side. We still had half chances and better and still only managed one goal. Officials were poor yesterday and contributed to our downfall , players and management must shoulder the majority of the blame. Roll on the tractor boys

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Aside from all the emotion surrounding the result yesterday, when Jaap Stam was appointed Reading manager, posters such as @Captain Hindsight predicted they'd be relegated this season, they are currently 3rd...he ain't doing such a bad job?

Most Reading fans thought they were as good as down, but the same lot are now claiming auto promotion is all theirs. Only difference is they've tasted the premier league, we haven't 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, pillred said:

I do realise that there is more to being a professional player than the actual games, but seriously a 19 year old is jaded after about 20 games in 4 months give me a break!!

Before that Chelsea's US tour. Before that the summer England U19 tournament... etc.

LJ said at one point the longest break he'd had in something like 2 years was 3 days.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pillred said:

I do realise that there is more to being a professional player than the actual games, but seriously a 19 year old is jaded after about 20 games in 4 months give me a break!!

I maybe wrong in this but wasn't TA playing in the summer for England as well? I wasn't saying he's jaded after 20 games, I was saying he could become jaded if he doesn't get some support  at some point or a break. In fact, have one yourself, say I said it's ok, if anyone questions it.

• Like 1