IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry but I find your comment illogical

Why? Because we have played teams of different styles recently with same result.  Whatever the opposition we just aren't competing at present

We are competing! Not winning, but competing. I'm not suggesting that something shouldn't change but if/when we change what's to say the opposition wont change, which of course it will!!

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

We've come up against a very good side today, have to remember that. Granted the recent results haven't been good enough but I think it's a little premature to be panicking just yet! 

I went to Birmingham last week and how we didn't win, I'll never know. The chances and performances are coming but we just haven't been clinical enough. 

Probably stating the obvious but you can't rely on a 18 year old lad and now it's showing. We'll be fine I think but LJ's first priority in January has to be a striker!

Sadly Lew that might be our ironic epitaph.

I think that all the talk about the January window in fact the 3 windows is quite funny, January is notoriously difficult and I suspect that come February 1st that will be the excuse.

• Like 1

It's disappointing but Reading were third had won 4 games on a trot got a soft penalty and scored a cracking goal but we still had enough chances to get something out of the game. We are on a poor run but for some reason the footballing God had arranged for us to play 5 away league games in 7. That was always going to be tough especially when one of the two home games were against one of the best teams in the division. We are still mid table six points clear of the relegation zone and we now have home games coming up. No need to panic yet.....

Edited by Big C
5 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

We've come up against a very good side today, have to remember that. Granted the recent results haven't been good enough but I think it's a little premature to be panicking just yet! 

I went to Birmingham last week and how we didn't win, I'll never know. The chances and performances are coming but we just haven't been clinical enough. 

Probably stating the obvious but you can't rely on a 18 year old lad and now it's showing. We'll be fine I think but LJ's first priority in January has to be a striker!

Problem is we have been told lee is stubborn by the Barnsley and Oldham lot and will he buy another striker,if he does that means that engvall wouldn't make the bench

• Like 1

Frustrating defeat again but i noticed as soon as we went 2 down we started moving forward with purpose. Bryan looked completely out of place today and was chasing the ball often. Cant fault the second half effort the players gave but again too late in the game to start competing.

We had enough chances but we look scared to shoot at times. We caused them enough trouble, especially going two up top with wilbs who i though was a great impact sub. If tammy had his shooting boots we would have got something from the game but he fluffed two really good opportunities.

Reading are third so not a bad second half performance (despite being end to end in spells) would love to have that McCleary in our team he ripped through our defence on several occasions. 

Lastly.........who was the ****** in the shorts?

7 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I try not to comment on games immediately after watching them but what **** awful support that was from Reading.

Not one single full song from them the entire game, be grateful for the atmosphere that we usually slate!

Yeah they were terrible and we were still singing at 2-0 down. 

Am i the only one who finds it rather amusing everytime opposition fans sing "Bristols a shithole"?

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Frustrating defeat again but i noticed as soon as we went 2 down we started moving forward with purpose. Bryan looked completely out of place today and was chasing the ball often. Cant fault the second half effort the players gave but again too late in the game to start competing.

We had enough chances but we look scared to shoot at times. We caused them enough trouble, especially going two up top with wilbs who i though was a great impact sub. If tammy had his shooting boots we would have got something from the game but he fluffed two really good opportunities.

Reading are third so not a bad second half performance (despite being end to end in spells) would love to have that McCleary in our team he ripped through our defence on several occasions. 

And white T-shirt ?  walks with a limp ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

A p**o apparently :shutup:

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

It's disappointing but Reading were third had won 4 games on a trot got a sift penalty and scored a cracking goal but we still had enough chances to get something out of the game. We are on a poor run but for some reason the footballing God had arranged for us to play 5 away league games in 7. That was always to be tough especially when one of the two home games were against one of the best teams in the division. We are still mid table six points clear of the relegation zone and we now have home games coming up. No need to panic yet.....

It's very true Reading are a good side but we can be just as good. We've been a few times. Soft penalty, I've heard that before as well. It's not a go at you but we need to battle through a few tough teams and tough decisions before anything will change. I think it's more a mindset than ability at the moment. I can't remember the last away game we won where I didn't really fancy us. Fulham last year we had all sort of momentum. Every away match feels hopeless. It's always the same things being said as well. We were unlucky, deserved a point, ref was woeful, etc. Something has to change in the group because the grit doesn't seem to be there away from home. 

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sadly Lew that might be our ironic epitaph.

I think that all the talk about the January window in fact the 3 windows is quite funny, January is notoriously difficult and I suspect that come February 1st that will be the excuse.

I'm not expecting us to pull up any trees this year. I want us to build from last season and improve of course but it's a work in progress! They're a young side and the positive is that we've been in every game this season.

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Problem is we have been told lee is stubborn by the Barnsley and Oldham lot and will he buy another striker,if he does that means that engvall wouldn't make the bench

This is Bristol City, another club. I think it's fair to give LJ a chance to rebuild the recent dip in form! 

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

The talk here is never a pen and we played Reading and the Ref. We had pretty much all the 2nd half but as ever too little to late.Reading knew all the tricks, time wasting etc. 

Was exactly that, penalty right in front of me, he was going down already then there was contact... time wasting was awful, but not the worst this year. 

One embarrassing supporter at the game, I don't know who he was but really needed to wind it in, I heard f'in faggot, f'in isis at their keeper, a few fans went early and the stone island n goggle hoodies have watched football factory one too many times

deserved a draw, Joe Bryan needs a rest, Tammy needs a rest and support, Mark Little isn't up for it and the holiday inn have someone called Agostinho working for them

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Was exactly that, penalty right in front of me, he was going down already then there was contact... time wasting was awful, but not the worst this year. 

One embarrassing supporter at the game, I don't know who he was but really needed to wind it in, I heard f'in faggot, f'in isis at their keeper, a few fans went early and the stone island n goggle hoodies have watched football factory one too many times

deserved a draw, Joe Bryan needs a rest, Tammy needs a rest and support, Mark Little isn't up for it and the holiday inn have someone called Agostinho working for them

Hooligans don't wear stone island anymore mate so wouldn't worry about them

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Besides obviously needing new strikers. We also need to replace Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan. Sorry there not good enough. O'Dowdra doesn't give us anything when he comes on either.  Feel really down today, I thought Reading were really average. 

thought bobby reid was one of our best players today, better than pack abd o neil definitely

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Besides obviously needing new strikers. We also need to replace Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan. Sorry there not good enough. O'Dowdra doesn't give us anything when he comes on either.  Feel really down today, I thought Reading were really average. 

Bobby was one of the better players i thought. Quick slick passing and the reading back line were shitting it when he came at them. Agree with Bryan and O'Dowda though but not sure where Bryan fits in ATM.

• Like 1

I'm usually a fan of Pack but today u was calling for him to be subbed..but not before Little and Joe. Bobby did ok today, at least he was trying to move the ball forward.

Too often though players were sloppy in passing,  not finding eachother, and this wasn't down to Reading being quick to intercept. We too often gifted them the ball rather than them working hard and winning it back.