IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

It sounds like we were good enough for a point, but again very unfortunate.

That said, how many feckin games do we have to start with just Tammy up front before LJ realises he is isolated and marked out the game. Two strikers give the defence a lot more to think about and opportunities open up all over the place.

His stubborn sticking to the same, failing tactic is making me think of Cotterill.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

For the first time this season, Im starting to feel a bit concerned. Consistantly poor performances and results for well over a month now, 4 points collected out of 21 and just 5 goals in seven games. If we dont turn it around soon, we will need to start looking over our shoulders.

We have had three top teams to play in a row, but the lack of quality is a concern, thankfully we have 24 points and can save this season, but the Johnson's do like a long losing run don't they?  

Not good enough sad to say, lack of striking options and lack of another quality central midfielder are costing us dear.

O'Dowda and Patterson not producing.

it's going to be a long 5 weeks before the next window and I suspect it's likely to be more like 9 weeks before we can sign the sort of quality that we need if that is actually even possible in January.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

If memory serves, LJ had a good start at Oldham, then went on a poor run dropping down the table, the same at Barnsley, before sorting it out. Looks like a similar situation here.

Barnsley fans said LJ was stubborn and lacking in ideas and only injuries forced a change to the formation which halted the losing run.

We're on a worrying run at the moment and LJ needs to show what he's made of.

Again ,fine margins , not hammered by a top side full of internationals .

Why ,oh why ,oh why do we always have to play the ref as well  ?

I spoke of Barnsley's woes last night and we suffer just like them . Do we ever get décisions in our favour ?

I feel that we at City are and always have been , apart from our First Division team of the Seventies,  a ' soft touch ' . we need a bit of ' steel ' and someone streetwise who could take the kids and shake them up .

We just don't seem to believe enough at the moment and are in a tailspin .

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

For the first time this season, Im starting to feel a bit concerned. Consistantly poor performances and results for well over a month now, 4 points collected out of 21 and just 5 goals in seven games. If we dont turn it around soon, we will need to start looking over our shoulders.

As much as I back LJ (and do feel he will come good and it's a little blip), I do now feel a little concerned. Whether that be due to stubborn tactics, bad luck or just being outplayed, I am slightly nervous. All goes with being part of being a fan I suppose. LJ will sort this out. Luck will shift our way a tad and we'll have a fairly respectable mid table finish! 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

Maybe it's because we play with at least 2 up front when we are chasing the game, just think if we started with 2 up front.................

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Sadly right. LJ needs to start with a different formation, which includes playing 2 up front. Personally I'd go back to Cotts 3-5-2 formation with Flint, Mags & Moore at the back.

We are getting plenty of chances, playing 2 up front is going to change nothing - we just need the players to convert the damned chances, or if they are unable to bring in some more clinical players.