IGNORED

The Official Reading v Bristol City Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don't be daft we're only a few points off top 6. That's what you'll get on here anyway. I said the same last week and I'll say it again. All these promises about good football and the 1 and 2 percent that make the difference yet we are getting beat by what we don't do well. Cross into the box, goal. Set piece, goal. We don't cross and are awful at set pieces. Those other half a percents mean nothing when you're awful at 40% of the game. 

Anyway, we seem more likely to be in a relegation battle than a promotion push. It's been like that all year. We've had a few good performances but most have been poor but late goals and Tammy Abraham gave us the illusion we weren't doing badly. We were and now the same mistakes are costing us because we can't score. January will be a wasted window as well because no one is going to want to join a mid table to relegation battle type team. The improvement hasn't been there and while it's not all about this year, we haven't gotten better from August until now. 3 months of the same football. No progress, same formations and same under performing players out there every week. Sounds a bit like this time last year only with a summer full of investment behind it which makes it worse for me. Just a more graceful losing manager this time out

Ok I'm off. Time to take a break from OTIB, because the people on here who lack any belief constantly want to throw the baby with the bath water. You would all make great foreign chairmen, no patience, no understanding of how football works outside of the video game world and constantly wanting the long term plan to yield short term results. 
I really hope our chairman is more sensible than the rest of you. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Ok I'm off. Time to take a break from OTIB, because the people on here who lack any belief constantly want to throw the baby with the bath water. You would all make great foreign chairmen, no patience, no understanding of how football works outside of the video game world and constantly wanting the long term plan to yield short term results. 

You simply can't think of the future only; you have to deal with the here and now too.  Simple business principle. If you don't there will be no future

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fair enough, but what do you have an unshakable belief in, and what is it based on?

Surely all we can base our views on is performances and results, just like all fans up and down the country?

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well, I was only talking about Graphene atoms and I reckon that was not particularly negative. But enjoy the bike ride Port.. we look forward to welcoming you back when you have filled your lungs. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Long term plans is fine. I said as much but there hasn't been any improvement since the start of the season. We've been poor most matches and while winning ugly is a part of it, it masked our very average performances. Short term performances are just as important in this league, if not more, than the long term. We can plan all we want for the next 3 years but those plans go away if we are relegated. Not to mention the process depends on our league position in transfer windows. We finish 18th this season do you think it's likely we'll add the same type of quality we would if we finished 9th? No we don't. We're getting the same team and formation thrown out there each week yielding the same results. We all slated Steve Cotterill for it and all I'm saying isn't LJ is currently on the same path. We are in relegation form with no match coming up I'd feel confident in picking up 3 points from. Ipswich will be no easy task then we get top 6 Huddersfield, dangerous Brentford and the in form preston who always give us a tough time. Results now are important so don't pretend they aren't. 

• Like 1

Again, more of the same. Need goals and bring AW on. I think any manager would've seen the last 5 matches and have plenty of answers for AW in mind. He would've been talked about watching game tape of the upcoming opponent. It's deja vu. Getting flashbacks to last season. Seems chances are being made as well but now we'll change that and just go long. :facepalm: