IGNORED

FA Cup, 3rd round draw

42nite

Would've loved the mighty Sags at home. Even taking into account the soiling of our stadium. (It could've been fumigated afterwards)

Ah well, move on.

No 9       Bristol City

v

No 55      Barrow

Will do nicely please. With a nice welcome thrown in for the Barrow Boys. Show them what Bristol is really like.

But taking nothing forgranted football wise!

Happy days indeed!  

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

Would've loved the mighty Sags at home. Even taking into account the soiling of our stadium. (It could've been fumigated afterwards)

Ah well, move on.

No 9       Bristol City

v

No 55      Barrow

Will do nicely please. With a nice welcome thrown in for the Barrow Boys. Show them what Bristol is really like.

But taking nothing forgranted football wise!

Happy days indeed!  

Having had to travel to Taunton and Gasland, I think Barrow might like a home tie this time.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Me personally wouldn't call hull an exciting cup draw . 

The implications of winning it were huge, and I personally would have loved a packed gate against Newcastle. How many opportunities have this club had over the years to get to a quarter/semi final in a major competition?

5 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

The implications of winning it were huge, and I personally would have loved a packed gate against Newcastle. How many opportunities have this club had over the years to get to a quarter/semi final in a major competition?

Not to mention a semi final double header against Man U .... (it could've been us dammit, if we'd gone full strength in the Hull tie, we could've had 'em)

11 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Like I said hope we get an exciting draw . You're on about something totally different. I agree with you about the hull game. But it wasn't an exciting draw for me . I'm on about Liverpool Man U Spurs . I'm not on about the consequences of a past cup tie

Every draw we are a nailed on certain for Hull, Gillingham or Brentford it seems ( not sure about Brentford to be honest but it's them or someone beginning with B we get quite a lot, maybe Barnet)

Please, please FA Cup gods look down on us favourably, a big Prem team away will be good ( I know they all play their 2nd teams but I'd go to see their ground) 

A while back I went to look and see where Upton Park/Bolyn Ground was in London, seen them play City there once probably 25 years ago but couldn't remember and it was a night match and a bit edgy so didn't look around at the time. Anyway, a couple of weeks after my recent visit we got them in the Cup didn't we. Well I was at their new home at the Olympic Park last Friday so maybe a visit to them, and it will be very  win-able too!

Never understood people wanting a Premier League club away. The chances are that we'll lose, so it can only be that people want a nice "day out" at a PL ground. Surely we should aspire to more than just having a jolly good day trip? That's the sort of thinking I'd expect from the 15ers. Let's hope for a home tie against the lowest ranked team in the competition. Let's try and win the bloody thing. 

16 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Never understood people wanting a Premier League club away. The chances are that we'll lose, so it can only be that people want a nice "day out" at a PL ground. Surely we should aspire to more than just having a jolly good day trip? That's the sort of thinking I'd expect from the 15ers. Let's hope for a home tie against the lowest ranked team in the competition. Let's try and win the bloody thing. 

I've been following City for 30 years and in that time only game we've had away to one of the big teams was Liverpool, and I was too young to go.  I would relish the opportunity to see our team up against a United or Arsenal, playing in a huge and iconic ground, with the outside chance of an upset.  It's about experiences and that would be a new and novel one.  What's hard to understand about the appeal of that?

I'd love City to get a big team at home, spring an upset, go on a run and end up at a London Prem team in the quarters.

For this round let's go for a team who are struggling - Crystal Palace (although with our luck they'll sack the Pardinator, hire a decent manager and suddenly get good again.

23 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Never understood people wanting a Premier League club away.

For me, because I no longer live in Bristol. I'm selfish and lazy I guess. I want to be able to see City and only have to travel for 20 minutes, just like many of my Bristol resident fellow fans get to do every fortnight.

Archived