IGNORED

FA Cup, 3rd round draw

42nite

5 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Arsenal at home my preference-  Love to see 27,000 pack the gate .

2nd choice non league team home or away to get us into  the 4th round.

Not since 1980 have we played Arsenal ; the longest time lapse of any team continually in the league. I would be very happy with them at home.

7 hours ago, Ashtonboy said:

WE had one recently against Hull and gave them the match!

yes quite agree with you work out in the cold weather all day buy tickets for a match we could have progressed in to find we field a weakend team because we saved our best for the mighty Barnsley on the following sat definateleymissed out here after all were hardly Barcelona

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

How are numbers allocated for these draws?  Bournemouth No 1 ahead of Arsenal.  Millwall 47 after Wycombe? :blink:

I'm expecting someone like Hull or Cambridge away.  Then we can concentrate on the League.

Bournemouth are AFC Bournemouth, so they're first alphabetically. Then the teams from the earlier rounds are based on the number of their tie, not alphabetical, so if the Gas had got through they would have been the same number that Barrow are.

7 minutes ago, Chivs said:

How are numbers allocated for these draws?  Bournemouth No 1 ahead of Arsenal.  Millwall 47 after Wycombe? :blink:

I'm expecting someone like Hull or Cambridge away.  Then we can concentrate on the League.

A-Z for the prem & championship (AFC Bournemouth) and then based on the match number from the second round after No.44

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bournemouth are AFC Bournemouth, so they're first alphabetically. Then the teams from the earlier rounds are based on the number of their tie, not alphabetical, so if the Gas had got through they would have been the same number that Barrow are.

It makes it more fun when Barrow get Man Utd and you know the g*s would have got them if they could have struggled through.

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

A-Z for the prem & championship (AFC Bournemouth) and then based on the match number from the second round after No.44

Thanks both.  I can't see why it can't just be A-Z for everyone with the home team alphabetic character used for unresolved ties.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

5-0 wasn`t it? They had a fair side back then mind, Dion Dublin & John Taylor up front and the likes of Liam Daish in midfield.

Yeah, yeah, ok then... I'm trying to eat me tea.... witnessing that I felt sure Dion Dublin was destined for big things, never heard of again though... ;) 

Archived