IGNORED

FA Cup, 3rd round draw

42nite

5 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Why put out he reserves ? We are mid table , pretty sure we are not going down , I don't believe we will go up so lets put our best team out and go on a cup run.

Putting a reserve team out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup is not on.

I`m with you on this, particularly if we can pick up 8-10 points before then.

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Can see the team now

lucic

little-Moore-Flint-goldb

korey-brownhill

dowda-Engvall-patterson

wilbs.

I imagine that Bryan will play, as our second string LB. Plus we might have a youngster in there over Flint.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. We only sold 16k for a game against a PL side with a place in the quarters at stake, albeit in the league cup.

No it's not . Why wouldn't every ST holder not buy a ticket. I know countless people who are priced out or put off at the prices. Sale a £10 ticket people will buy it.

Off the top of my head I know  at least a dozen people who don't attend every week and in some cases only once in a blue moon who would buy a £10 ticket for a Saturday 3pm Kick Off.  We can not under estimate the cost of going to football have on attendances.

12 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You said it....... "The League ****** Cup" !

Clearly the FA Cup is more attractive. But I can't believe that people who didn't want to watch a 4th round tie against Hull for £12 are going to suddenly want to watch Fleetwood just because it's the FA Cup.

When we played Telford a couple of years ago tickets were £12 and we got less than 7k. So 20k for Fleetwood/Shrews is clearly nonsense.

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. We only sold 16k for a game against a PL side with a place in the quarters at stake, albeit in the league cup.

Well, it was against Hull. And since the competition became the EFL Cup, it sounds like it's sponsored by a paramilitary organisation.

As for ticketing, in order to #PackTheGate, giving free tickets  to local schools would be a good idea.

13 minutes ago, bs3 said:

No it's not . Why wouldn't every ST holder not buy a ticket. I know countless people who are priced out or put off at the prices. Sale a £10 ticket people will buy it.

Off the top of my head I know  at least a dozen people who don't attend every week and in some cases only once in a blue moon who would buy a £10 ticket for a Saturday 3pm Kick Off.  We can not under estimate the cost of going to football have on attendances.

£12 tickets against Hull. 16k.

£12 tickets against Telford. 7k

£10 tickets v West Brom. Made general sale despite 15k capacity.

£10 "bring a friend" deal against Blackburn. 21k, 6k empty seats and less than Newcastle/Villa at full price.

The Blackburn game in particular proves that price alone doesn't have the drastic impact on attendances we might hope for. Sorry but the facts speak for themselves.

12 minutes ago, cynic said:

If its Fleetwood, then its a definite banana skin, Shrews are struggling big time.

But should have enough if LJ doesn't piss around with the team selection.

Attendance wise, many people were totally pissed off with his approach to the Hull game and all the changes made, so I wouldn't expect a bumper crowd - around 8k-10k I would think. He's ensured a few thousand won't attend.

I'm sure LJ will win a few hearts with strong vocal commitment to this tie & the FA cup..

I do find it strange that some fans on here want us to play fringe players and yet when that happen against Hull there was an outcry at team selection. Got to feel sorry for LJ, he seems to be in a no win situation.

My view is play our best team, on our day we are capable of beating any team in the Championship (we have proved this) and I believe we are can beat  most teams in the bottom half of the Prem.  So here a revolutionary idea why not pick our best team and see how far we can get in the FA cup this year.

4 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I do find it strange that some fans on here want us to play fringe players and yet when that happen against Hull there was an outcry at team selection. Got to feel sorry for LJ, he seems to be in a no win situation.

My view is play our best team, on our day we are capable of beating any team in the Championship (we have proved this) and I believe we are can beat  most teams in the bottom half of the Prem.  So here a revolutionary idea why not pick our best team and see how far we can get in the FA cup this year.

Hull was a prem team with a chance of a cup quarter final, here we are in the 3rd round v a league one team

slight difference.....

4 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Prepare yourself for one thing though. If, say, Flint doesn`t play has he been rested or don`t we want him cup tied?:ph34r:

You can`t beat a good matchday conspiracy rumour!

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Hull was a completely different scenario. We were playing in the latter stages of a competition against a strong side. Most felt we needed to play our best side to beat them and reach the quarter finals of a cup competition for the first time in years. It was seen as a missed opportunity.

This is the 3rd round against weaker opposition. It's a game where we should be able to make a few changes and give other players needed game time. On this occasion I think the majority would accept and expect changes.

7 minutes ago, bs3 said:

You believe we can beat most teams in the bottom half of the prem?   And we call the gas deluded ffs 

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

£12 tickets against Hull. 16k.

£12 tickets against Telford. 7k

£10 tickets v West Brom. Made general sale despite 15k capacity.

£10 "bring a friend" deal against Blackburn. 21k, 6k empty seats and less than Newcastle/Villa at full price.

The Blackburn game in particular proves that price alone doesn't have the drastic impact on attendances we might hope for. Sorry but the facts speak for themselves.

Hull and West Brom evening matches ,Blackburn was not general sale but you had to buy a ticket through a ST and in many cases its becomes a bit of a pain.

Put the tickets on general sale for £10 with  enough time for fans to buy tickets  (before Christmas)  and a little bit of pro active from the media department , I'm convinced we get 20,000.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You believe we can beat most teams in the bottom half of the prem?   And we call the gas deluded ffs 

"On our day we are capable of" is what he said. That's what I'd expect from a mid table championship team at home to a lower half Prem team.

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

On our day with everyone playing well and with a bit of luck and in a one off match , yes we would have a good chance

3 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

"On our day we are capable of" is what he said. That's what I'd expect from a mid table championship team at home to a lower half Prem team.

3 minutes ago, bs3 said:

On our day with everyone playing well and with a bit of luck and in a one off match , yes we would have a good chance

OK fair enough , i didn't read it properly. I thought you meant regularly.:laughcont:

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hull was a completely different scenario. We were playing in the latter stages of a competition against a strong side. Most felt we needed to play our best side to beat them and reach the quarter finals of a cup competition for the first time in years. It was seen as a missed opportunity.

This is the 3rd round against weaker opposition. It's a game where we should be able to make a few changes and give other players needed game time. On this occasion I think the majority would accept and expect changes.

If we play a weaken team in the 3rd round and lose , I think OTIB will go into melt down.

8 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Hull and West Brom evening matches ,Blackburn was not general sale but you had to buy a ticket through a ST and in many cases its becomes a bit of a pain.

Put the tickets on general sale for £10 with  enough time for fans to buy tickets  (before Christmas)  and a little bit of pro active from the media department , I'm convinced we get 20,000.

I hate to say it, but, we won't get 10,000 let alone 20!

8 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Telford is the closest comparison. Small team at home in an early round. £12 tickets. We got 7k.

All the marketing in the world isn't going to turn Shrewsbury into Real Madrid. Good luck with your 20k.

Archived