IGNORED

Bristol Sport : Gala dinner (Merged)

Nomad

9 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Lee Johnson just told a story about Wilbs setting up George Dowling for a prank when one of the lights in the dressing room broke. George is apparently not too bright and Wilbs told him to go and ask Donna (players PA) for a new one. 

George went and duly asked what he'd been told to ask for by Wilbs - a fallopean tube! 

Maybe you had to be here, but the story telling and the colour that George went whilst Lee was telling the story was hilarious :clapping:

Saw it on the Facebook stream, funny story about LeeJ and Mark Ashton too. And as for Magnusson and his dog! I don't know if the footage is still there but if it is it's a must see.

Sounds like it was a good night, no doubt a lot of networking was done as that was the purpose, not a Christmas party as such.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Saw it on the Facebook stream, funny story about LeeJ and Mark Ashton too. And as for Magnusson and his dog! I don't know if the footage is still there but if it is it's a must see.

Sounds like it was a good night, no doubt a lot of networking was done as that was the purpose, not a Christmas party as such.

Magnussons telling of his reaction when England were awarded a penalty against Iceland! :clapping:

Mark Ashtons reaction was the best about that!

Its still on the FB page aswell!!!

6 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Magnussons telling of his reaction when England were awarded a penalty against Iceland! :clapping:

Mark Ashtons reaction was the best about that!

Its still on the FB page aswell!!!

Wasn't it great, glad it's still there for people to see...go and look everyone! 

I thought it was a great insight into the relationships between Lee J and Mark Ashton, and LeeJ and the players. A great bit of PR, would like to see more of this sort of stuff. Ok it's not strictly football related, nor is it serious but a bit of a lighthearted banter is nice to see within the club, shows they are comfortable with eachother which always helps. More please @AdamB

• Admin
10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wasn't it great, glad it's still there for people to see...go and look everyone! 

I thought it was a great insight into the relationships between Lee J and Mark Ashton, and LeeJ and the players. A great bit of PR, would like to see more of this sort of stuff. Ok it's not strictly football related, nor is it serious but a bit of a lighthearted banter is nice to see within the club, shows they are comfortable with eachother which always helps. More please @AdamB

Hi @AdamB Is there anyway the "speeches" can be uploaded onto the OS for anyone without a Facebook account? 

14 hours ago, Nomad said:

It's the BS Gala Dinner tonight and I can exclusively report that the stadium is lit up red.

Whilst "Welcome Break (Gordano) were slumming it in the Bar & Grill last night the red carpet is out for BS tonight.

Am looking forward to a full update from @Dollymarie when she gets home ;)

Is that where she is tonight !!  She told me her Mum was sick

45 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Video from last night

Great video, have to say the quality of what the club produces (assume it is Adam) is always top stuff and something to be really proud.

BUT, whenever I have done presentations with work, always been told not to have videos playing behind people being interviewed as it distracts from the main item, also need to ensure person with camera holds it still and doesn't laugh so close to the mic 

On 12/8/2016 at 21:50, Dollymarie said:

It's not. It's the gala dinner for members of the lansdown club. The amount of club reps here from all the sports is tiny in comparison to local business and their guests. They pay an annual amount as part of their membership of the lansdown club and the dinner is a part of that package. I'm only here as a plus one with a friend who is in the LC. 

No mention of Christmas at all this evening. 

I had a phone call about an hour ago if I wanted to join this Lansdown club. I declined the offer because my lottery numbers haven't come up yet. 

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

I had a phone call about an hour ago if I wanted to join this Lansdown club. I declined the offer because my lottery numbers haven't come up yet. 

It's a really good networking opportunity, with chance to mix with people who you wouldn't necessarily come across in your general day to day working life.

Is clearly working for the club, who appear to be making good money from these events. The breakfast events are really enjoyable with interesting guest speakers. Never come across events such as these in Bristol previously and are helping promote Bristol City Football Club

Archived