IGNORED

age difference

pillred

39 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In which case @pongo88 ......Fred Davis played in his last Snooker world championship age 70 so was 50 years older than the youngest.

remember the commentator...was it Ted Lowe....whispering "Fred Davis, surely he's too old to get his leg over, he'll have to use his left hand instead".

Well, almost right

quote-fred-davis-the-doyen-of-snooker-no

Pretty sure I read in the Bible that Moses was called up to play for the Jerusalem XI v Nazareth XI on a turning pitch (which hadn't quite dried out after all the biblical floods). Fairly sure his great, great, great, great, great plus 35 more greats grandson was captain of the Jerusalem XI at the time.

I believe the record was set by Squiggles 'the Flash' McShellface. The 152 year old Giant Gallapagos Tortoise romped home to a solid tenth place in the Pacific Islands Tortoise sprint open in 1997. The race was marred by the unfortunate incident at the final corner where a 6 year old Ridgeback Turtle overturned and was left floundering on his back until the birds pecked him to death. Sad times indeed.

11 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

I believe the record was set by Squiggles 'the Flash' McShellface. The 152 year old Giant Gallapagos Tortoise romped home to a solid tenth place in the Pacific Islands Tortoise sprint open in 1997. The race was marred by the unfortunate incident at the final corner where a 6 year old Ridgeback Turtle overturned and was left floundering on his back until the birds pecked him to death. Sad times indeed.

oh dear what have I started!

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

W G Grace carried on playing until he was 60, so there must have been a 40 ish year difference at the end of his career. (You didn't say it had to be football) 

I heard Centenarian Kirk Douglas was recently spotted playing in the same 5-a-side team as the absurdly youthful Bobby Reid.

A remarkable 77 year age difference. :yes:

2 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Pretty sure I read in the Bible that Moses was called up to play for the Jerusalem XI v Nazareth XI on a turning pitch (which hadn't quite dried out after all the biblical floods). Fairly sure his great, great, great, great, great plus 35 more greats grandson was captain of the Jerusalem XI at the time.

Geoffrey Boycott played in that match too I believe. He smote a hundred in forty days and forty nights.

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Geoffrey Boycott played in that match too I believe. He smote a hundred in forty days and forty nights.

Wasn't Jesus in goal for Nazareth? The headline in the following days "Bethlehem Star" (or was it Star Of Bethlehem) was JESUS SAVES 

although there was a backpass from Noah that he made a right pigs ear of controlling leading to Jerusalems 47th goal

Archived