IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brentford Match Day Thread

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Im really trying hard not to over react here, but I thought we'd bought a Swedish international striker for around £2m quid....but all I've heard since is stuff like 'he's not ready' - 'he's one for the future' - 'he's injured' - 'we're holding him back until he adapts' - and now 'he's an unknown quantity' .....we paid a similar amount for Kodjia and put him straight into the team and it paid off handsomely.

Are we scared to do the same with Engvall?  I'm fed up with this....

I think after last night we might see a fair bit more of engvall, he looked a real handful to me

18 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Tonight's performance got me thinking back to when LJ was appointed and a Barnsley fan posted on here something along the lines of "Be prepared for a run forward and then two passes backwards" and my favourite "Players resembling Crabs in their movement". 

Now as any loyal supporter would do I put it down to the usual dogs testicles that is espoused by a rival.

Except for tonight, there in all its glory the Crab Men appeared on the pitch in front of me (I've been drinking but I had to just to get through it)

We've been declining for the past few games now even with the sparse ray of light in a win (2 in 10 is it?)

I'm certainly not a 'Boo' boy and not in the burn the contract and start looking for a replacement camp but there needs to be some real scrutiny of what LJ is slowly trying to achieve in the interim. 

I get the patience, I understand that we are a work in progress, I know we've got to make our way through the next few transfer windows, I'm happy with progress on last season etc etc, however what's being served up is poor. 

I'm an eternal optimist so I'll carry on believing blah blah blah.

Its just a bit same old that's all.

thanks for saving me from writing that

• Like 1
7 hours ago, pillred said:

he said firm hold, not set in, nobody can argue that things are not going well

You're right things ain't going well but we have a pretty young inexperienced squad. It will ebb and flow all season. We need to stop conceding poor goals as we did at Birmingham , reading and Huddersfield . We are creating lots of chances though that simply haven't been taken . Birmingham away , we battered them second half and played some fantastic football that needed finishing off. Personally if we can bring in a proven goal scorer at this level in January we'll finish comfortably half way. Way too much pressure on Tammy at 19 to be our main striker. 

• Like 3
On 12/14/2016 at 09:39, The Bard said:

I disagree. He's actually playing better but the goals have dried up. His reaction to missing the one on one was outstanding. No sulking, he just got straight back into the game.

This has exposed the problem that apart from Tomlin and Reid, no one else looks remotely like scoring a goal.  Too reliant on one player just like we were last season. Mind you, I can remember some saying Kodjia wasn't good enough and should be dropped for Agard...

I missed this reply, so after today do you feel the same ? I do. I can remember some saying there would be an iceage in the 70's that also has **** all to do with my response.

Edited by tts_city