IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brentford Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I just think he's hated on too easily. Recently many of our players have been poor. O'Neil gives the ball away far too often but he seldom gets stick. 

And surely it can't be a worse half than Saturday?

In my opinion mate, if he's going to play he can't play on the right hand side, he cuts in far to much, so lightweight and his body langauge is a joke. I can wear that because he scores 1 goal he's suddenly turnt a corner, he's been shocking, along with Smith and Golbourne.

Everything is depressingly negative

What can you say about that first half other than crap?

We have nothing, nothing down the left. Goldbourne is going for the world record of Cruyff turns as a result of no support in front of him, Joe Bryan going for his worst ever performance and no more use than a standing passenger on the number 1 bus - and that's generous - Reid is trying but struggling with no-one quick of mind to link with *ahem Tomlin ahem*, Matthews and Freeman our best attacking outlet but as dangerous as they look in attack they look vulnerable when we are countered. Smith and Pack taking it in turns to spray the ball wide. Lucic fancies himself as Pirlo too much for me but pulled off a smart save. Magnusson put himself in danger uncharacteristically and Tammy totally isolated except for a back pass which he should have done better with  

If that 45 taught us anything - between the nap periods - we desperately need Tomlin for his good and despite his bad. 

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

A steady stream of negative sounding posts - not many positives. Looks worrying from a distance.

Not sure Brentford are much better to be honest. I can't fathom though why we have Bryan doing absolutely sod all on the left and Freeman on the right wrong footed. After 25 they should've been swapped. Get freeman on his favoured side and Bryan could have been as much use on the right as he was left. 

I'm a big Bryan fan but he simply must be subbed at half time. 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Our best player by far first half. Brilliant cross for Bryan, took his man on a few times and delivered good balls in the box, also had a shot early on well saved. 

Absolutely. He's our best performer out there today, albeit on a 6.5-7. Anyone picking him up but not noticing Bryan, Magnusson's mistake, midfield's ineffectiveness has an agenda: can't see any other explanation.  

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Bryan not a winger. No skill for a winger. Think Joe is quality but ineffective there. I wouldn't even mind seeing Joe in the middle and try Reid out left as Reid has been outmuscled a bit in the middle further forward. Sure tomlin will come on at some point though and maybe play out there. Nerve racking game. 

Agree. I prefer him in the 2 holding midfielders breaking or at the apex for sure.