IGNORED

Bristol City - proving what I've always believed

Jack Dawe

18 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

.....just not good enough. Not at this level. Unfortunately. I've always believed this. I've got the posting history to back this up, before you start accusing me of opportunism. 

I am a pessimist, wracked with doubt. Serious doubt. And many years watching City - from near, and from far - struggle to be anything other than mediocre, anonymous. And often embarrassing, and pathetic. At this level. I just can't see us ever doing anything at this level. Relegation will happen before the next promotion, despite SL's generosity and best intentions. As I see it.

And if I was in charge, we never would do anything at this level. Were we ever to do anything at this level, it would need optimistic, deluded fools in charge. Fools like SL, and LJ. And that Ashton fellow. Bless them. I wish them well. 

I take no pleasure in this. It saddens me to see us struggle, in the unforgiving dog-eat-dog, money-bags, sacking merry-go-round of the Championship. I hate Wolves, and always losing up there. And all the other big guns we consistently struggle against, being cannon-fodder for them, at this level. I shudder to think of us trying to do this in the highest league, and marvel at the people that got us there 40 years ago, and kept us there for 4 years. And those 100 years ago, finishing second in all of England, and reaching a cup final. Heroes, all.

I know my pessimism is unattractive, and irritating to those of you of a more upbeat, positive, can-do state of mind. Sometimes I wish I was like you, and had belief, serious belief. But then I remember it's Wolves away soon, and I am glad of my pessimism, and the crushing disappointment it will protect me from, as we find another way to not win there. The same pessimism that ensures I will never believe that SL, or LJ, or anyone, will ever make anything of City, at this level, despite all the recent improvements. Thus shielding me from the futility of hope, and the despair that can only ever result from such folly.

Because we're just not good enough. Not at this level.

Belief, optimism, hope - I can see right through it (and it isn't pretty).

Great post-and it summs up how a few of the older,grizzled troopers among the City faithful-yes faithful,feel...we are what we are,and Jack your right-it sure ain't pretty....

19 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

.....just not good enough. Not at this level. Unfortunately. I've always believed this. I've got the posting history to back this up, before you start accusing me of opportunism. 

I am a pessimist, wracked with doubt. Serious doubt. And many years watching City - from near, and from far - struggle to be anything other than mediocre, anonymous. And often embarrassing, and pathetic. At this level. I just can't see us ever doing anything at this level. Relegation will happen before the next promotion, despite SL's generosity and best intentions. As I see it.

And if I was in charge, we never would do anything at this level. Were we ever to do anything at this level, it would need optimistic, deluded fools in charge. Fools like SL, and LJ. And that Ashton fellow. Bless them. I wish them well. 

I take no pleasure in this. It saddens me to see us struggle, in the unforgiving dog-eat-dog, money-bags, sacking merry-go-round of the Championship. I hate Wolves, and always losing up there. And all the other big guns we consistently struggle against, being cannon-fodder for them, at this level. I shudder to think of us trying to do this in the highest league, and marvel at the people that got us there 40 years ago, and kept us there for 4 years. And those 100 years ago, finishing second in all of England, and reaching a cup final. Heroes, all.

I know my pessimism is unattractive, and irritating to those of you of a more upbeat, positive, can-do state of mind. Sometimes I wish I was like you, and had belief, serious belief. But then I remember it's Wolves away soon, and I am glad of my pessimism, and the crushing disappointment it will protect me from, as we find another way to not win there. The same pessimism that ensures I will never believe that SL, or LJ, or anyone, will ever make anything of City, at this level, despite all the recent improvements. Thus shielding me from the futility of hope, and the despair that can only ever result from such folly.

Cheer up, progress has been made, last couple years :yawn:

21 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wow that's some post. I actually understand what your trying to while not completely agreeing . 

Its gonna be tough to establish ourselves as a good solid Championship club as our history shows we have never achieved this . Not once did I think we would ever have a ground or training facilities like we do. 

Me im gonna keep dreaming of the Prem because dreams sometimes come true 

57 minutes ago, shelts said:

Wow that's some post. I actually understand what your trying to while not completely agreeing . 

Its gonna be tough to establish ourselves as a good solid Championship club as our history shows we have never achieved this . Not once did I think we would ever have a ground or training facilities like we do. 

Me im gonna keep dreaming of the Prem because dreams sometimes come true 

If you have the funds upgrading facilities is the easy bit..

Archived