IGNORED

LJs comments. Have players had their last chance?

Cornacix the Druid

Yeah I'm gutted too. We should be winning these but there's obviously something amiss here.

I'll give him his due, in LJs comments post match, he did state that he can see that he needs a couple more newbies in Jan and had implied that he has given certain individuals enough chances to prove themselves. 

So, my question is what areas need new blood and who were those who have had maybe their last chance?

Theres obvious places on the pitch that are lacking, namely striker and left back. But after thinking I'm also considering goalie and midfield. I think there are numerous players who've been given enough chances, possibly Bryan, freeman and a few others a little more controversial. 

What's your view on positions and players exiting the last chance saloon?

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

Yeah I'm gutted too. We should be winning these but there's obviously something amiss here.

I'll give him his due, in LJs comments post match, he did state that he can see that he needs a couple more newbies in Jan and had implied that he has given certain individuals enough chances to prove themselves. 

So, my question is what areas need new blood and who were those who have had maybe their last chance?

Theres obvious places on the pitch that are lacking, namely striker and left back. But after thinking I'm also considering goalie and midfield. I think there are numerous players who've been given enough chances, possibly Bryan, freeman and a few others a little more controversial. 

What's your view on positions and players exiting th last chance saloon?

He wants a couple of new players?  He wants a team of new players

3 minutes ago, Marty said:

What's your view on positions and players exiting th last chance saloon?

The good news is GJ, Millen, DMC and SC stayed faithful to players who let them all down week after week and they were sacked before they realised, hopefully LJ is true to his word and trims the deadwood even if that deadwood is his own deadwood. it cannot be allowed to carry on.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He signed a decent chunk of the 11 and subs used today so would be intrigued to know who he's aiming that at. After all he proclaims to need 3 windows, doesn't bode well on his newest signings -  O'Dowda, Engvall, Brownhill, Paterson can hardly get a lookin...

'ones for the future' no doubt...

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The good news is GJ, Millen, DMC and SC stayed faithful to players who let them all down week after week and they were sacked before they realised, hopefully LJ is true to his word and trims the deadwood even if that deadwood is his own deadwood. it cannot be allowed to carry on.

Agreed, but sadly it probably will be allowed to carry on as long as the biggest failure of all, SL, remains.  The SL who has time and time again squandered success. You really couldn't get away writing fiction like this. 

Do I want the best stadium in Division 3? No

Do I believe in The Bristol Sport management and ownership structure? No

Will I go on supporting The City? Sadly yes, it's in the family DNA since the 19th century.  Will I ever see City in an FA Cup Final as my grandfather did? Looks as likely as me playing for the Reds in my 71st year

What can I do as an individual? Precious little alone, but with other fans with wide expertise in numerous areas from football itself, to management in general, to motivational skills etc, we fans could revolutionise the club. Will it happen? Not as long as it remains a rich  man's plaything

Angry? You just bet I am

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He signed a decent chunk of the 11 and subs used today so would be intrigued to know who he's aiming that at. After all he proclaims to need 3 windows, doesn't bode well on his newest signings -  O'Dowda, Engvall, Brownhill, Paterson can hardly get a lookin...

I like LJ but he has to be questioned on this surely? Especially when there are players in the starting line up consistently not performing so why are these players he signed hardly ever used?

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Agreed, but sadly it probably will be allowed to carry on as long as the biggest failure of all, SL, remains.  The SL who has time and time again squandered success. You really couldn't get away writing fiction like this. 

Will I go on supporting The City? Sadly yes, it's in the family DNA since the 19th century.  Will I ever see City in an FA Cup Final as my grandfather did? Looks as likely as me playing for the Reds in my 71st year

What can I do as an individual? Precious little alone, but with other fans with wide expertise in numerous areas from football itself, to management in general, to motivational skills etc, we fans could revolutionise the club. Will it happen? Not as long as it remains a rich  man's plaything

Angry? You just bet I am

Remind me, when did SL last select the team?, select the formation or tactics?, make any substitutions? or play in our unfit for purpose midfield?.

This about the players who are well paid to kick a bag of air around and a coach who needs to sort the on field problems out and quickly.

Your post is at best utter drivel.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Angry? You just bet I am

Jesus. Ffs. 

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I think DMC was planning getting rid of the deadwood but they got rid of him just before the window

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Angry? You just bet I am

You stupid, idiotic, dopey, moronic, thick as pig sh1t **** face! You truly are ants at a picnic aren't you! How you can possibly be against SL is beyond me! 

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Remind me, when did SL last select the team?, select the formation or tactics?, make any substitutions? or play in our unfit for purpose midfield?.

This about the players who are well paid to kick a bag of air around and a coach who needs to sort the on field problems out and quickly.

He did omit the fact that the bloke he`s slagging off has put the thick end of £60m into the club.

I expect it slipped his mind.

2 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I think DMC was planning getting rid of the deadwood but they got rid of him just before the window

The problem was people were telling him for weeks and weeks but he couldn't see it, it took another limp wristed performance at Blackburn in the cup for the penny to finally drop sadly 2 to 3 months too late, DMC got himself sacked IMO.

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Angry? You just bet I am

Indeed. How dare SL build us a new a practically new stadium out of his own pocket. How dare he invest and subsidise players and their wages year after year. How dare he try to build a sporting legacy in his home town to the benefit of us all.   How f'ing dare he indeed!!!  Pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He is the man at the top who has consistently failed to make the right appointments and monitor both The Board and the manager

In my book he should pass the club on to someone with a bit more nous

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Angry? You just bet I am

All you ever do is bitch and moan about City. Why don't you do us and yourself a favour and support another team? Fans like you are what is the problem with modern football. The reason so many owners pull the trigger on managers so early and throw money at problems. Because of you! Fans like you! 

AAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!

**** you!

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

He is the man at the top who has consistently failed to make the right appointments and monitor both The Board and the manager

In my book he should pass the club on to someone with a bit more nous

Your book is as stupid as you are.

And your last sentence shows exactly how puggled you are, do you think it's really easy to find a buyer FFS?, of course we could end up with an owner like Cardiff or Leeds or Blackburn or Hull.

Get real FFS.

Ok. Emotions running high here. Understandable but let's not get the handbags out ladies and gents eh?

So who's gonna answer the questions? Two positions? Players possibly out?

Me.... Striker, left back and poss midfield monster.

last chance..... Bryan and fielding maybe. Running out of chances, contraversial maybe but .. Tomlin rumours of trouble and interest from other clubs. Reid, great footballer but no shot on him..............maybe?

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Angry? You just bet I am

Wow, Armchair Owner alert. 

You're usually a good critic and that's a healthy position to take, but on this occasion I think you're venting...go back to being critical. 

"Ok we've all had a drink",time to settle down for the night mate. 

10 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

All you ever do is bitch and moan about City. Why don't you do us and yourself a favour and support another team? Fans like you are what is the problem with modern football. The reason so many owners pull the trigger on managers so early and throw money at problems. Because of you! Fans like you! 

AAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!

**** you!

If SL listens to fans like Ivorguy then i'd be very worried about SL himself ;)

42 minutes ago, Marty said:

What's your view on positions and players exiting the last chance saloon?

What?

4 minutes ago, Marty said:

Ok. Emotions running high here. Understandable but let's not get the handbags out ladies and gents eh?

So who's gonna answer the questions? Two positions? Players possibly out?

Me.... Striker, left back and poss midfield monster.

last chance..... Bryan and fielding maybe. Running out of chances, contraversial maybe but .. Tomlin rumours of trouble and interest from other clubs. Reid, great footballer but no shot on him..............maybe?

Striker definite, maybe another midfielder and possibly a GK, for me I don't know whats happend to R'OD but Frankie is just not good enough... great shot stopper but thats pretty much it for me and oh... he needs to drop Korey. If I had a serious criticism of LJ its his faith in players but it seems he has had enough of that and wants to get rid of a few who clearly aren't upto scratch.

With the Tomlin situation I've heard a conflicting rumour that the whole squad is behind LJ.

Archived