IGNORED

China....surely it can't go on like this?!

BS4 on Tour...

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 10:42, havanatopia said:

With a billion and a quarter population and gov't backing of football in China I think actually it may be sustainable for the foreseeable future. Add in the fact that the Chinese economy is already on the turn and soft or zero interest loans I am sure Chinese football will go from strength to strength. The same incentives are available for Chinese firms and entrepreneurs wanting to buy foreign clubs. I think it is all part of a master plan that will see Premier and Championship clubs playing close season tournaments in China to drive the popularity at home. I would not be surprised to see a West Guangzhou Albion and a Honshu Wanderers branded in the same colours as their original 'pawn feeder' clubs. 

I drove past a huge hoarding yesterday evening showing a big picture of the rather grotesquely designed MG3 with the caption 'Morris Garages - The most prestigious brand from the UK since 1924' or words to the effect. How ridiculously brazen i thought that wording was. Besmirching the true MG with a piece of crap made in China really does sum up their lack of understanding or lack of care in honest marketing. But then I thought to myself that firstly the Chinese don't give a damn and secondly don't need to give a damn because they throw so much money at something and they are always right about a certain approach and everybody else is always wrong. 

This roughshod brazen approach is how they tackle any 'new' business they enter. Invariably they end up buying market share simply because their target market is gullible enough to buy into it. West Midlands football teams will likely see a trickling of support away from supporting their team even if a football club has very inelastic demand but this will easily be picked up by the more than 50,000 Chinese living in the area. 

Looking on the bright side we should consider that these foreign owners are only the temporary custodians and are at least ploughing money in. One day, for sure, they will lose interest as the cycle goes full circle.

Condensed Version

China:

shithole where they eat dogs

On 23/12/2016 at 17:53, havanatopia said:

Should have posted this here:-

Ref the chat about Reading...Not another Chinese owner.. you wait... this will be a House of Commons debate some years down the line and it will go something like this;-

"I would like to bring to the attention of the House the rather irksome fact that well over half the clubs currently playing their football in Englands second tier are owned by Chinese companies. Given that all of these owners have been de facto funded by the Chinese Central Committee, otherwise known as the Chinese Communist Party, one could argue we have, on our hands, a monopoly situation not only by a foreign entity but by a foreign gov't that has a rather questionable human rights record. While we, as a nation, have always been the archetypal open economy do we not have any moral fibre left that prevents such a situation? Something that has, to date, come about without a whisper of dissension from any member of this house. Had Nat West gobbled up Lloyds TSB and that larger organisation, in turn, gobbled up Barclays the whole country would be up in arms and of course it would have been stopped long before even the Lloyds purchase. How on earth have we allowed the Chinese in through the back door? "

Its coming folks. Mark my words.

There is absolutely no chance anything like that will ever get discussed in the house of commons.  The Chinese own parts of London; they are building Hinkley B - we NEED their money. Morals have gone.   And anyway- the UK has no morals, we supply arms to the Saudis for gods sake.

On 23/12/2016 at 10:58, OddBallJim said:

Why not spend it addressing world poverty, homeless children, cancer research etc etc

There's so many better causes than football, there really is. 

I wouldn't disagree, but it's easy to say when it's not your money.

no one has a right to tell anyone else how to spend their money regardless of how much or little it is.

if you care strongly enough you could boycott the professional game.

as for whether throwing money at "poverty, the homeless and cancer research" would actually fix anything is a whole other debate

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I wouldn't disagree, but it's easy to say when it's not your money.

no one has a right to tell anyone else how to spend their money regardless of how much or little it is.

if you care strongly enough you could boycott the professional game.

as for whether throwing money at "poverty, the homeless and cancer research" would actually fix anything is a whole other debate

With regards to that point, I think quite a few people already are beginning to lose the love of football because of the absurd finances involved now.

3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

I presume you are joking....?

I don't really understand where your going with this? I said originally that I thought I read an article stating this, I have now found the article I was thinking of but had the wrong man Utd player.( Pogba was mentioned in the article,hence the confusion)

The article was in the sun. (I have no idea how factual as I personally don't know man Utds accounts) 

:yawn:

34 minutes ago, Lucan said:

A chimp can see that whatever article you are alluding to is full of rubbish

76m in a month?? At £60 per shirt, that's 1.2m shirts.  Each bearing the name of Zlatan?  

But the club also don't make anything like 100% profit margins anyway, its more like 20%.... so now we are talking 5m shirts or more.

And of course many people who buy Zlatan shirts would have purchased a shirt anyway with a different name...

I see. Thanks for your input. I gave an input taken from a paper on a topic talking about how out of control world football spending is. You decide to belittle the comment and refer to me as a chimp. 

Have I upset you in a previous life or are you that down at Christmas that you have to pick on a post on a thread from a week ago to make you feel better. Strange. 

21 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

With regards to that point, I think quite a few people already are beginning to lose the love of football because of the absurd finances involved now.

That's not the same thing.

if you are genuinely annoyed that these billionaires plough money into football rather than world peace and magic cures, boycott the game.

Archived