IGNORED

China....surely it can't go on like this?!

BS4 on Tour...

So Carlos Tevez has signed for a Chinese club for £615k a WEEK - he's now the highest paid player on the planet, and all this after his rant about modern players only caring about money instead of winning trophies....

But surely the way Chinese football is going isn't sustainable? There seems to still be more interest in our Premier League over there rather than support for their own clubs?

It's an interesting one....

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So Carlos Tevez has signed for a Chinese club for £615k a WEEK - he's now the highest paid player on the planet, and all this after his rant about modern players only caring about money instead of winning trophies....

But surely the way Chinese football is going isn't sustainable? There seems to still be more interest in our Premier League over there rather than support for their own clubs?

It's an interesting one....

That is truly astonishing. Unfortunately won't be long until the first million pound a week player . 

Tevez you can understand. He's at the end of his career and going to China id one last payday, albeit a massive one.

More worrying are players like Oscar going to China for a massive pay deal, but doing so while at the peak of their career. It reflects on the players priorities in that he is happy to put money before ambition and success. It's not as if he is not earning very good money already and playing at the very top of the professional game, but, if you were in your mid 20's and could earn give or take £60m over 3 years to secure your family's future wouldn't you?

The money at the top of the European game is obscene, but China is taking obscene to a completely different level. 

I sometimes wonder where little 'ol Bristol City will sit in the game with the way it is going.

Just been reading an article in the guardian online. Saying Chelsea's oscar is leaving to play in China. Will apparently earn 350,000 pounds a week . But at 25 and his best years ahead of him . He could earn brilliant money anywhere. Obviously it's nice for him earning that crazy money . But where is his ambition. I know it's a short career but 25 . Greedy git 

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just been reading an article in the guardian online. Saying Chelsea's oscar is leaving to play in China. Will apparently earn 350,000 pounds a week . But at 25 and his best years ahead of him . He could earn brilliant money anywhere. Obviously it's nice for him earning that crazy money . But where is his ambition. I know it's a short career but 25 . Greedy git 

We must have been thinking and posting the same thing at the same time Red Army.

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Tevez you can understand. He's at the end of his career and going to China id one last payday, albeit a massive one.

More worrying are players like Oscar going to China for a massive pay deal, but doing so while at the peak of their career. It reflects on the players priorities in that he is happy to put money before ambition and success. It's not as if he is not earning very good money already and playing at the very top of the professional game, but, if you were in your mid 20's and could earn give or take £60m over 3 years to secure your family's future wouldn't you?

The money at the top of the European game is obscene, but China is taking obscene to a completely different level. 

I sometimes wonder where little 'ol Bristol City will sit in the game with the way it is going.

Just posted the same thing more or less . :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Hopefully this :yawn:- just sit back and watch it all implode then be in a position to pick up the pieces afterwards. It`s Darwin`s theory as applied to football.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Hopefully this :yawn:- just sit back and watch it all implode then be in a position to pick up the pieces afterwards. It`s Darwin`s theory as applied to football.

Are we Galapagos tortoises or Iguanas?

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I prefer to think of us as those little mammals that no-one notices among all the dinosaurs until they all keel over and we rule the world!

Wasn't it woodlice that survived the dinosaurs ( and nuclear explosions)?

15 minutes ago, Judda said:

If we said 20k a year then it'd take 32.5 years to earn that.... but then again football isn't a matter of life and death... it's more important than that!

Good to see a Bill Shankly quote.

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Good to see a Bill Shakily quote.

Bill Shankly quote or not, I don't think playing football in the chinese leagues warrants that amount of money when there are men and women out there who really are dealing with life and death on a daily basis and earning jack shit.

It's up for debate whether european football salaries are justified. The european game is considered to be the pinacle, so I am less ambivalent towards the money being thrown around. But to offer that vast amount of money for the chinese leagues is just so wrong.

15 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I read the same article...seems China are looking to take over as the world power of football. Wanting to buy up many football clubs in the UK. It highlighted who owned what, and who had Chinese interest.

Football Clubs in this country need to have some form of 'heritage' tag put on them, that has restrictions on what can be done with them and who has ownership.

It's our history we are allowing to be messed with. By foreign investment, that has no interest in the heritage of this countries fans or history.

6 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Bill Shankly quote or not, I don't think playing football in the chinese leagues warrants that amount of money when there are men and women out there who really are dealing with life and death on a daily basis and earning jack shit.

It's up for debate whether european football salaries are justified. The european game is considered to be the pinacle, so I am less ambivalent towards the money being thrown around. But to offer that vast amount of money for the chinese leagues is just so wrong.

Was with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Sorry if it wasn't as obvious as I thought it was...

Archived