IGNORED

kalifa cisse

Antman

just reading about how Lee thinks we need someone like him in centre MF and I just CANNOT remember the bloke.

Now I've been going to the Gate for over 30 years and why is it some players fade from your memory, but at least you can recall them through various shitty memories or fond recollections, but Cisse...

i have absolutely no memory of him....

worried now. how many games did he play FFS!

One of the best midfielders we've had in the last 20 years.

As others have said, didn't get noticed unless he wasn't playing.  Did the simple stuff well.  Almost all of our current midfield could learn by watching a video of one of his games.

4 minutes ago, Chivs said:

One of the best midfielders we've had in the last 20 years.

As others have said, didn't get noticed unless he wasn't playing.  Did the simple stuff well.  Almost all of our current midfield could learn by watching a video of one of his games.

You're first line isn't as high praise as it seems when you think about it. 

Played 61 games for us...a terrific DM. Can't believe people have forgotten him. He's 32 and still playing in Bankok.

He's exactly what we need. A physical presence in midfield,,,a general...no messing type. Simple but effective.

I'm all for skilful players...but right now our midfield is powderpuff in physical presence. It's like a midfield of energetic oompa loompa's....and father smurf at no.10 waddling about ;-)

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

He's exactly what we're missing in the middle of the park, a driving force who is in the right place with or without the ball.

At the moment our midfielders only seem to be affective passing the ball 5 yards, no driving runs & no offering options when they don't have the ball.

We need a Korey of a few years ago, that all action midfielder.

(Sorry Ian, don't know why it's tried quoting you)

9 hours ago, Antman said:

just reading about how Lee thinks we need someone like him in centre MF and I just CANNOT remember the bloke.

Now I've been going to the Gate for over 30 years and why is it some players fade from your memory, but at least you can recall them through various shitty memories or fond recollections, but Cisse...

i have absolutely no memory of him....

worried now. how many games did he play FFS!

The quality of player in the middle we are missing...cant remember if he was on loan here though,or ours??!...classy.

8 hours ago, spudski said:

Played 61 games for us...a terrific DM. Can't believe people have forgotten him. He's 32 and still playing in Bankok.

He's exactly what we need. A physical presence in midfield,,,a general...no messing type. Simple but effective.

I'm all for skilful players...but right now our midfield is powderpuff in physical presence. It's like a midfield of energetic oompa loompa's....and father smurf at no.10 waddling about ;-)

That's pretty condemning Spud.........but very true.if only the oompa loompas could keep smurf away from the chocolate!

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just like Cole Skuse and yet some on here think he was rubbish.

I can never tell if you are being sarcastic or not. In my opinion they were both good defensive midfielders with Skuse being a good tackler and a grafter while Cisse was brilliant at positioning himself in the right place at the right time making it look easy. Both would improve our team.

Archived