IGNORED

Engvall transfer

bristolcitysweden

Recent reports in Swedish media suggest we paid £1.95m for Engvall. IFK Gothenburg only got £1.3m though. It's reported that £500.000 was agent fees to VMC Group who negotiated the deal on behalf of Gothenburg and through their network approached Bristol City. When the deal was done VMC Groups Arash Bayat and Erkan Saglik together with agent Per Jonsson and Gustav Engvall was photographed at AG. Interestingly Gothenburg turned down an offer for Engvall from Turkish side Konyaspor earlier in the summer. The £450.000 offer was only half of Gothenburgs valuation according to Per Jonsson.    

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/stort-bortfall-for-blavitt-i-engvall-affaren---agenter-fick-flera-miljoner-/

30 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

And what a waste of  imoney that is. The lad has been injured but he has been fit for the last few weeks. Never gets a chance. We say we need a new striker but will we play 2 up top.  I doubt it 

So it's a waste of money because according to you "he has been fit for a few weeks but doesn't get a chance"?

Good logic used there..

22 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

This nonsense about him not being fit annoys me. He's been fit, Johnson obviously just doesn't rate him. 

If he wasn't fit a month to six weeks after signing then I have no idea what the **** our coaches do. He wasn't exactly 20 stone when he signed was he. 

I think it's more getting fit from injury/match sharpness rather than him being genuinely unfit.

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Recent reports in Swedish media suggest we paid £1.95m for Engvall. IFK Gothenburg only got £1.3m though. It's reported that £500.000 was agent fees to VMC Group who negotiated the deal on behalf of Gothenburg and through their network approached Bristol City. When the deal was done VMC Groups Arash Bayat and Erkan Saglik together with agent Per Jonsson and Gustav Engvall was photographed at AG. Interestingly Gothenburg turned down an offer for Engvall from Turkish side Konyaspor earlier in the summer. The £450.000 offer was only half of Gothenburgs valuation according to Per Jonsson.    

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/stort-bortfall-for-blavitt-i-engvall-affaren---agenter-fick-flera-miljoner-/

I think a bit (lot) of perspective is needed (and relying upon internet sources of course) but £450k to Konyaspor is about as significant to them as £2m is to us.

You have to appreciate the market and that at the time we had just sold a player for £14m. Of course the vendor of who we purchase knows this and exploits this. I mean some team in china is about to spend £60m on bloody Oscar and another £600k pw on Tevez  

No matter who we bought on the final day of the window or close to was going to cost us an inflated fee. In part that is down to the fans who had to be appeased by knowing we had a good receipt from Kodjia in order to sell - blame ourselves. 

Nonetheless id rather our inflated fee was for a promising player than a mercenary of the sorts we bought in seasons gone buy. If it doesn't work then frankly I don't care.

We can kiss 5 frogs like this from the Kodjia money. Chances are we won't buy 5 and even being with a championship side and a Swedish international, Engval is likely to be worth £1m in January and thus a £1m net loss anyway. 

This happens in Portugal the entire time. Most games are packed with rich people pointing out "that's my boy, over there, the number 22, I own 45% of him".

It's actually a pretty good model, club has to get to a level the investors want to see the player play at (onus on club) and club must be the majority owner (onus on club) but investor helps fund the signing.

You don't often sign dross when investors are involved, they always do their homework. If someone owned a percentage of Engvall and sold to us they knew that was his ceiling.

To undermine everything I've said, there was some talk of Swindon adopting this approach under the various super agents that tried to run them. There is no easy way to calculate 45% of total sh1te.

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh ignore him, i've seen his nonsense on twitter before.

So this guy is seriously suggesting that Engvall's agent is the current manager of an English league two side and our head coach's father?

Leaving aside for one moment just how ludicrous an idea that is, there are clear rules that govern this sort of thing, a manager cannot be an agent, too..

This is genuinely one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen posted on here.

People can have opinions on whether Engvall will turn out to be a good signing or not, whether he represents good value or not, but this is off the scale stupidity and how anyone could even contemplate believing it is true is simply beyond me.

Thing is though 2 million doesn't get you what it used to , a few years ago just over 2 million got us nicky Maynard ( sorry to bring him up) . 

For every Kodjia there are  twice as many styvars. So yes we got lucky with Kodjia, it's going to be hit and miss.  It just didn't help Engvall was bought for potential not knowing Kodjia would go and not being able to replace him before the window shut.

I Can't say we can judge him on his quality based on the short amount of game time he has had but I think he will get more game time come the new year.  

42 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We hardly knew Gothenburg was bust and desperate for money though

Well if it's shi# or bust for them who do you think has the better bargaining position? It ain't us. We weren't offering peanuts for Clough from Bolton were we. 

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So this guy is seriously suggesting that Engvall's agent is the current manager of an English league two side and our head coach's father?

Leaving aside for one moment just how ludicrous an idea that is, there are clear rules that govern this sort of thing, a manager cannot be an agent, too..

This is genuinely one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen posted on here.

People can have opinions on whether Engvall will turn out to be a good signing or not, whether he represents good value or not, but this is off the scale stupidity and how anyone could even contemplate believing it is true is simply beyond me.

Absurd isn't it. Not sure why someone would think it remotely feasible.

My guess, sadly, is that he's someone who doesn't like GJ and LJ much and wanted a new stick to beat them with so chose to publish that wildly false and ridiculous allegation.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The ones starving are more desperate for food than the ones that live in thrive

Not desperate for an amuse bouche tho.  And you forget; we were Tammy - who knew how that'd go and just wilbraham - we weren't feasting mate!!!!!

Like it or not and fair or not fair, selling clubs know they are selling a player to England. It cost us 1.9m for Engvall. If he'd have gone to that Turkish club or a second tier German side he'd have gone for 750,000€. That's the situation with us being an English club. 

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

£1m over Gothenburgs valuation paid. Half of it ending up in agent pockets.

Reports, which suggest... and correct me if I'm wrong but you say Got turned down a £450k offer so to say we were £1m over Got'a valuation is plainly incorrect. All that can be deduced is that £450k was under their valuation. 

And as always valuation is relative to who would pay what. Oscar is worth £60m to a team in China, nowhere else, Tevez £615k pw to a team in China, nowhere else. Engval may have been worth £450k to a team in turkey who spent no more than £500k on a single player this summer.. to us...

You just need to appreciate as an English side your £££'s don't stretch as far. That's no incompetence. 

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Reports, which suggest... and correct me if I'm wrong but you say Got turned down a £450k offer so to say we were £1m over Got'a valuation is plainly incorrect. All that can be deduced is that £450k was under their valuation. 

And as always valuation is relative to who would pay what. Oscar is worth £60m to a team in China, nowhere else, Tevez £615k pw to a team in China, nowhere else. Engval may have been worth £450k to a team in turkey who spent no more than £500k on a single player this summer.. to us...

The offer turned down from Turkey was £450.000 only representing half of Gothenburgs valuation of the player which then was £900.000 and we paid £1.950.000 

Archived