IGNORED

Engvall transfer

bristolcitysweden

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Tommy's suggesting that we only bought Engvall because of a persuasive football agent. That flies in the face of everything we know about how this management team work. When you see the sort of effort they put in to signing a kid on loan, I for one find it hard to believe they would do so much less work on someone that cost a transfer fee.

Tommy in talking shit shocker!! 

3 minutes ago, super slick said:

Tommy in talking shit shocker!! 

I wouldn't go that far, but he is getting his information from a Swedish website which, for all I or any of us know, could be as reliable as HITC or even football rumours. I think it's sad that so many are willing to take this at face value and I can't help thinking that this all fits in nicely with the anti LJ agenda that is building momentum.

As for that guy on Twitter, I guess the thing to do is ignore him, but I would love it if someone involved sued the arse of off him. Trolling and banter are one thing (and bad enough) but slander should stamped out if that medium is to gain any credibility outside those who use it.

It is a strange situation. Whilst his few moments on the pitch didn't bring anything special, the amount of play time he's had make it hard for us fans to judge how good he is. However, he obviously can't be shining in training. I think we're in a difficult position where we have quite a few young attack minded players, when only 4 will get into the starting line up. As Johnson said a few weeks ago, if Tomlin wasn't in our squad, De Girolamo would surely have been given a run out. We also have Bobby Reid in that position, a player LJ is playing ahead of even Tomlin in his preferred position. It's clear we still haven't got a solid idea for a consistent first 11, the longer this is left, the more difficult it will be to turn results around. I think it's clear two of the four forwards we play will almost always be Tomlin and Abraham. So that leaves two places to the likes of Freeman, Paterson, O'Dowda, Bryan, Reid, Engvall, De Girolamo. There will always be young talent left out of the squad, let alone the first 11. But it is a bit worrying that we haven't really seen 3 of those 6 young players battling into a team in bad form. This will become more apparent if/ when we sign further forwards in January, unless things click for us again and a consistent 11 is formed, which is when everyone will forget about them! 

Fotbollskanalen.se is very well seen. Leading in Sweden I would say. Skysport level - at least.

Gothenburgs own Stockhausen is having a closer look at the matter. Markus Wulcan is highly seen though and he hope to get back on the matter.

46:25 in to the pod.

http://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/nagot-ar-skumt-med-gustav-engvall-affaren/

15 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Fotbollskanalen.se is very well seen. Leading in Sweden I would say. Skysport level - at least.

Gothenburgs own Stockhausen is having a closer look at the matter. Markus Wulcan is highly seen though and he hope to get back on the matter.

46:25 in to the pod.

http://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/nagot-ar-skumt-med-gustav-engvall-affaren/

All foreign to me :facepalm:

16 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The information in this thread is from various reliable sources and I trust they are pretty spot on. Question is who got close to £500,000 for convincing the club to sign Engvall. I very much doubt the money ended up at the very unexperienced Swedish company mentioned. Who is behind the letterbox/shell company/conduit that benefited? Who fooled the club?

It weren't I . 

16 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

I have been told from a very good source within the club that he is not considered good enough.

Hopefully that will change, but that is the situation at the moment.

I have been told by a ex player (not Scott Murray)  still involved at BCFC he is not championship standard at this point ... 

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I have been told by a ex player (not Scott Murray)  still involved at BCFC he is not championship standard at this point ... 

Thats ok as according to some sages on here he is one for the future, 2 million on one for the future, it just shows you how far we have come...... :blink:

40 minutes ago, tts_city said:

Thats ok as according to some sages on here he is one for the future, 2 million on one for the future, it just shows you how far we have come...... :blink:

Isn't 2 million roughly about what we paid for Kodjia? Paying 2 million on one for the future seems bizarre when our first choice striker on our books is 37. I thought he had a good touch and looked pacy against Hull. I guess he must be one for the future along with the rest of Johnson's signings who seem to fill the bench each week. 

26 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Except our U21s lost 7-0 the other day.

In a friendly where Bournemouth fielded loads of players with premier league experience on top of the plenty of championship or higher level players as well and also a match where we played about 3 or 4 trialist. I wouldn't put too much stock into that. 

4 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

To a team which cost 40million plus

Exactly. I don't blame him too much though. Headlines are what most people look at and don't read the details. It's a society thing today. Even the details are skewed nowadays in "news." Ah oh well. We lost to a highly experienced squad who were using it to get some minutes and we used it as an exercise to watch some trialists and some young players against top opposition. 

7 minutes ago, BrizzleBelter said:

Something stinks about this transfer. Starting to get the impression LJ don't even want him. Maybe it wasn't even LJ who wanted him in the first place. Wont be the first time or last time a player is thrown upon a manager.

Are you implying that SL really wanted some obscure Swedish striker? Don't think so somehow. Not exactly the same as Stewart, Bridges or James is it.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, BrizzleBelter said:

Something stinks about this transfer. Starting to get the impression LJ don't even want him. Maybe it wasn't even LJ who wanted him in the first place. Wont be the first time or last time a player is thrown upon a manager.

41 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you implying that SL really wanted some obscure Swedish striker? Don't think so somehow. Not exactly the same as Stewart, Bridges or James is it.

There are other names that could be added to the list

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not directing anything at SL just saying something don't add up.. The fact were still struggling to score any goals and LJ still insist on leaving a 2mill striker sat on the bench makes me believe this signing didn't really have anything to do with him. 

5 minutes ago, BrizzleBelter said:

Not directing anything at SL just saying something don't add up.. The fact were still struggling to score any goals and LJ still insist on leaving a 2mill striker sat on the bench makes me believe this signing didn't really have anything to do with him. 

We aren't struggling to score goals though are we? Only Forest (36) PNE and Wolves with 31 have scored more than us (30) in the bottom half, 5 teams in the top half including 2 in the playoff positions have scored less than us.  

7 minutes ago, BrizzleBelter said:

The fact were still struggling to score any goals and LJ still insist on leaving a 2mill striker sat on the bench makes me believe this signing didn't really have anything to do with him. 

We have been creating chnances but Tammy in particular has been fluffing his lines.

Many of us, me included cant understand why LJ doesn't give aTammy some striking  support by playing another with him. Engvall would seem to be the obvious choice.

LJs unwillingness to do so is one thing he hasn't explained yet.

Archived