IGNORED

Aden Flint - Sort Yourself Out or Go

Londoner

He is supposed to be a leader, a man who is long serving with a year of championship football under is belt.....a man who others look to for guidance, support and leadership.....well, he is offering nothing.

Earlier run of poor performances with mistake after mistake leading a defence that is ropey beyond belief......and then Saturday 

That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace, if you react like that you know you are making it easy...is his heart not in it? Is he that arrogant that he feels he can't get away with it? I have never seen someone react like that and ultimately gift a penalty to the opposition.....you Aden Flint have a lot to answer for, you cost us.

He is supposed to progress with experience as he approaches his prime.....I'm sorry but with the good performances there have been some inexcusable lapses of concentration, decision making by flint......sort it out Aden or **** off.....and never react like that again......disgraceful.  

• Admin

OUCH !

One thing I would agree with, and having spoken with Wolves fans this morning - what the hell was his reaction all about for the penalty on Saturday?

Talk about playing to the whistle - am sure if he had played on the ref would never have awarded the spot kick

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

Bit harsh.

To say the least.

Just a bit

'sort it out Aden or ***** off'

Unbeleivable words IMO 

Has made a few rickets this season but One player , at least , who leaves nothing on the pitch

Was a silly / unprofessional mistake and the accounts of Flint head in hands in dressing room , apologising to his teammates indicate AF knows that

'That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace'

Couldnt put my feelings about YOUR post better myself

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

OUCH !

One thing I would agree with, and having spoken with Wolves fans this morning - what the hell was his reaction all about for the penalty on Saturday?

Talk about playing to the whistle - am sure if he had played on the ref would never have awarded the spot kick

Exactly, couldn't believe his reaction, plus the ref was blind sided so he would not have seen it, so no pen.

"It's human nature, he's invested his emotions in the game and we've all been there and done things we don't mean to do. His reaction was to go 'oh no', because that is the way it has been for us recently.

"The ball has hit his hand and he's thinking 'oh no, I've cost the team a penalty', because those are the kind of players we've got."

( Marlon Pack )

17 minutes ago, Londoner said:

He is supposed to be a leader, a man who is long serving with a year of championship football under is belt.....a man who others look to for guidance, support and leadership.....well, he is offering nothing.

Earlier run of poor performances with mistake after mistake leading a defence that is ropey beyond belief......and then Saturday 

That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace, if you react like that you know you are making it easy...is his heart not in it? Is he that arrogant that he feels he can't get away with it? I have never seen someone react like that and ultimately gift a penalty to the opposition.....you Aden Flint have a lot to answer for, you cost us.

He is supposed to progress with experience as he approaches his prime.....I'm sorry but with the good performances there have been some inexcusable lapses of concentration, decision making by flint......sort it out Aden or **** off.....and never react like that again......disgraceful.  

Would really enjoy you saying all of the above to his face.

Marlon Pack came out and issued a strong defence of Bristol City team-mate Aden Flint in the aftermath of the 3-2 Boxing Day defeat at Wolverhampton Wanderers.
With the two sides locked together at 2-2 with just six minutes to go at Molineux, City looked on course to take a point and end a sequence of three straight defeats.
But Flint then conceded a penalty to allow Ivan Cavaleiro the opportunity to convert a late spot kick and give Wolves all three points.
Although Flint did handle the ball inside his own 18 yard box, it was his reaction that alerted referee Paul Adcock, who might have otherwise awarded a penalty. City's big central defender put his hands to his head in despair, whereupon the official blew his whistle and pointed to the spot.

Flint apologised to his team-mates back in the sanctuary of the dressing room and Pack, who captained the Robins in the Black Country, emerged to offering the following defence of his friend and colleague.
He said: "Aden feels as though he has cost the whole team, but he reacted in the heat of the moment and it would be unfair to blame him.
"He has been fantastic for us, he played so well (against Wolves) and we cannot let things like that affect us. It looks as though his reaction has caused the referee to give the penalty, but Flinty hasn't done it deliberately.

"It's human nature, he's invested his emotions in the game and we've all been there and done things we don't mean to do. His reaction was to go 'oh no', because that is the way it has been for us recently.
"The ball has hit his hand and he's thinking 'oh no, I've cost the team a penalty', because those are the kind of players we've got."

(From Evil Post)

17 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Did Santa miss your gaff?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

"It's human nature, he's invested his emotions in the game and we've all been there and done things we don't mean to do. His reaction was to go 'oh no', because that is the way it has been for us recently.

Read more at http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-s-marlon-pack-strongly-defends-aden-flint-over-wolves-penalty-gaffe/story-30013802-detail/story.html#MDzAxAKuzPIT0ZK1.99

Nonsense comment - when has a player EVER reacted like that to giving away a penalty?

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nonsense comment - when has a player EVER reacted like that to giving away a penalty?

Agree to some degree phantom - I have seen players before before reacting without thinking and 'help' the referee, but as I say a pro should be wiser than that and AF knows it

However the OPs comments to a mistake are way way way over the top , and extremely rude & insulting , particularly for a player who , on the whole , has been , IMO excellent in the last 3 seasons and never gives anything less than %100

31 minutes ago, Londoner said:

What a silly post from a very silly man !!!

Archived