IGNORED

Aden Flint - Sort Yourself Out or Go

Londoner

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

@DavefevsI'm wondering after he has answered you whether he might like to explain what he hoped to achieve with his opening post?

Fair enough he is entitled to his opinion but I can't believe he is so wide of the mark of just about everybody on here in both what he says and the timing of it. I think even Flints biggest fans would acknowledge he made a mistake, but then then wouldn't pick up a stick to beat him with so savagely.

Was it a wind-up, is it banter, Christmas overindulgence or simply trolling?  I hope in a way it was one of these options as if a person is so wide of the mark you wonder how he communicates with people he meets either socially or professionally on a daily basis.

Just like money can't buy you class perhaps academia doesn't either.

That last line was a beauty @RedM

3 hours ago, Olé said:

This has got to be a wind up?

I have politely debated a number of interpretations of matches this season, away ones in particular. I find myself frequently completely disagreeing with your apportioning of blame (even when the overall frustrations are the same) and have often wondered if you just didn't get football, but always then chide myself that I'm just someone who watches the game, and have no moral superiority to know any better. Then you come out with a statement like that.

I hope your account has been hacked, because an arrogant comment like that is just embarrassing. As stated elsewhere for weeks, our defence is not poor, but our tactics into the midfield front 3 are slow and do not spread the pitch, our intended "possession" turns out to be anything but, squandered by running out of options in the middle third (or punting to Tammy). This is creating wave upon wave of counter attack for Flint and Magnusson to deal with.

That is our "defensive" problem. Had you been at Wolves you'd have seen Flint throwing himself at many of these, and winning the vast majority of headers and kicks, as stated by others. The whole notion that our present problems sit with Flint and Magnusson are anything but the "firmer clearer understanding of football" to which you refer. They are amateurish statements that remove the credibility from anything you have said or will say again in future.

Never a truer word spoken!

I am gobsmacked at this thread.......what a joke!

The general consensus appears to be that Flint's reaction was naive, probably true, but taking a different view it was refreshingly honest.

Also, this was a reaction from a guy who is repeatedly held at corners and who could have won penalties running into double figures this season alone, if referees' grew a pair!

What goes around comes around, I now see a few penalties at corners coming our way :fingerscrossed:

7 hours ago, Londoner said:

When you say 'time after time' I'm assuming you mean the number of mistakes he keeps making....seriously granted he is an ever present but the number of costly mistakes he's made this season is on par with King Korey.

Londoner, I'd bloody love for you to be alone in a small room with Flint and say anything you've wrote today right to his face.

He's having a bad patch, granted, but I get the impression he would die for the club.

This thread is an absolute disgrace.  Go support some club in London.

6 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Aden Flint. The most overrated defender we have had in the past 30 years.

Highlighted the defender part for the idiots amongst us - somebody that defends, not somebody that goes forward and scores 20 goals in one season because he is a giant. He is both physically and tactically inept at this level.

Yet he's won POTY 2 years running

12 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Londoner, I'd bloody love for you to be alone in a small room with Flint and say anything you've wrote today right to his face.

He's having a bad patch, granted, but I get the impression he would die for the club.

This thread is an absolute disgrace.  Go support some club in London.

Set it up, I'm sure someone could make it happen....(the first paragraph)

18 hours ago, Olé said:

This has got to be a wind up?

I have politely debated a number of interpretations of matches this season, away ones in particular. I find myself frequently completely disagreeing with your apportioning of blame (even when the overall frustrations are the same) and have often wondered if you just didn't get football, but always then chide myself that I'm just someone who watches the game, and have no moral superiority to know any better. Then you come out with a statement like that.

I hope your account has been hacked, because an arrogant comment like that is just embarrassing. As stated elsewhere for weeks, our defence is not poor, but our tactics into the midfield front 3 are slow and do not spread the pitch, our intended "possession" turns out to be anything but, squandered by running out of options in the middle third (or punting to Tammy). This is creating wave upon wave of counter attack for Flint and Magnusson to deal with.

That is our "defensive" problem. Had you been at Wolves you'd have seen Flint throwing himself at many of these, and winning the vast majority of headers and kicks, as stated by others. The whole notion that our present problems sit with Flint and Magnusson are anything but the "firmer clearer understanding of football" to which you refer. They are amateurish statements that remove the credibility from anything you have said or will say again in future.

You are clearly trying to twist with your final statement. I am a massive fan of Magnusson, after being bullied by Wigan he has been consistently excellent, and will no doubt move on to bigger things in stronger leagues.

As for flint, yes he puts his body on the line....that's his job, unfortunately he has made numerous costly mistakes throughout the season with Wolves being the latest....an appaling act of naivety and disgraceful decision making.

As for the system, of course it's been wrong, that's blatantly obvious and something I have expressed time and time again....LJ seems incapable of finding the best system to suit this squad....he certainly ain't no stam or wagner.

Archived