IGNORED

Aden Flint - Sort Yourself Out or Go

Londoner

56 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

What a ridiculous, embarrassing reaction.

Why don't you **** off instead?

I have to say it's generally best to criticise the post and not the poster but in this case agree . What a knob . 

I think Flints been tremendous for us the past 3 years. He's at least a championship standard defender, and an inspirational character to have in the team. 

He's got flaws which he's improved on but all in all Bristol City are fortunate to have him. 

56 minutes ago, Londoner said:

He is supposed to be a leader, a man who is long serving with a year of championship football under is belt.....a man who others look to for guidance, support and leadership.....well, he is offering nothing.

Earlier run of poor performances with mistake after mistake leading a defence that is ropey beyond belief......and then Saturday 

That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace, if you react like that you know you are making it easy...is his heart not in it? Is he that arrogant that he feels he can't get away with it? I have never seen someone react like that and ultimately gift a penalty to the opposition.....you Aden Flint have a lot to answer for, you cost us.

He is supposed to progress with experience as he approaches his prime.....I'm sorry but with the good performances there have been some inexcusable lapses of concentration, decision making by flint......sort it out Aden or **** off.....and never react like that again......disgraceful.  

Bloody hell mate. People make mistakes you obviously have short term memory loss. Aden wears his heart on his sleeve and is passionate about his football and this club hence the reaction nobody was complaining when he scored 15 goals for a centre-back which is unheard of. The team is better with him in the team as he is the only player in our squad what has started every game this season so your point is ridiculous.

Were all disappointed at the run of results and it's been alarming but singling out one player is not going to inspire confidence so get behind the squad.

His reaction wasn't his heart not being in it, quite the opposite if anything. It was guilt or a feeling of devastation, thinking the ref would instantly blow for a penalty in a game where we went behind, fought back to a lead, conceded and thinking he'd just cost us a point. However it just turned out the ref didn't blow immediately and his reaction may have been the deciding factor. 

Interesting thread - certainly got a response :P

Personally think Flint and Moore need time together as Magnusson is looking like a boy lost whilst Moore seems to ooze confidence.

That said - Flints reaction was bizarre and he has cost us a much needed point - play to the whistle and act innocent at all times !!

Londoner posts negative stuff all the time. Sometimes it's valid and sometimes it's like this(obviously in my opinion). Flint was everywhere on Boxing Day sniffing out danger. Diving across the box to stop crosses, completely shut Dicko out of the game and scored. Sure the reaction probably sealed the penalty but he is the leader of that team regardless who has the armband. Shouting directions to not only the defenders but the midfielders as well. Most talented? No but 100% our best out and out defender. He and Magnusson is a good pairing. Just needs to sort the keeper and wing play out. Matthews and Bryan I though done ok considering those are two of the top 5 wingers in the league. Needed more from Freeman and Reid who tbf aren't wingers for me. Can do a job but not helping the full backs out too much. Not strong or big enough. 

Anyway, Flint came back strong from his little rut in September and I'm sure he will after this. No one puts mistakes behind themselves like Flint. It's a league with really good attackers but not great defenders. Flint is one of the better ones and gets the most of his ability. Probably as undroppable as they come in a Bristol City shirt. 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

He is supposed to be a leader, a man who is long serving with a year of championship football under is belt.....a man who others look to for guidance, support and leadership.....well, he is offering nothing.

Earlier run of poor performances with mistake after mistake leading a defence that is ropey beyond belief......and then Saturday 

That reaction was a complete and utter ******* disgrace, if you react like that you know you are making it easy...is his heart not in it? Is he that arrogant that he feels he can't get away with it? I have never seen someone react like that and ultimately gift a penalty to the opposition.....you Aden Flint have a lot to answer for, you cost us.

He is supposed to progress with experience as he approaches his prime.....I'm sorry but with the good performances there have been some inexcusable lapses of concentration, decision making by flint......sort it out Aden or **** off.....and never react like that again......disgraceful.  

Did he have ' relations ' with your Mrs?

Yes a real academic original post! But it is Christmas and I suspect the eggnog is flowing in parts of the capital! 

We have been pretty poor all over or a while, despite protestations that we are just out of luck etc.

However Flint is one that puts it in time and again and is City through and through. No one is immune from criticism and there have been mistakes this season with Flinty's name on them, however "**** off" and "arrogant" REALLY!

If there was one point I would make in some kind of defence of the original post, it is that some players seem to get greater latitude than others after a mistake. I am not sure personally if that is because we lack cover in certain areas or some just come under greater scrutiny...Can you imagine the outcry if that pen had been awarded against Bobby Reid or Matthews or Marlon Pack or Brownhill or ODowda etc etc. ODonnell was effectively dropped to third choice for making lesser mistakes than Frank.

I have met AF on a couple of occasions and you know immediately he is not just a top bloke but also is on of us. He'll know and the embarrassment of his mates defending him will hurt. The bloke will come back stronger and I am thinking may be even a goal on Friday night. COYR Cmon Flinty!

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yes a real academic original post! But it is Christmas and I suspect the eggnog is flowing in parts of the capital! 

We have been pretty poor all over or a while, despite protestations that we are just out of luck etc.

However Flint is one that puts it in time and again and is City through and through. No one is immune from criticism and there have been mistakes this season with Flinty's name on them, however "**** off" and "arrogant" REALLY!

If there was one point I would make in some kind of defence of the original post, it is that some players seem to get greater latitude than others after a mistake. I am not sure personally if that is because we lack cover in certain areas or some just come under greater scrutiny...Can you imagine the outcry if that pen had been awarded against Bobby Reid or Matthews or Marlon Pack or Brownhill or ODowda etc etc. ODonnell was effectively dropped to third choice for making lesser mistakes than Frank.

I have met AF on a couple of occasions and you know immediately he is not just a top bloke but also is on of us. He'll know and the embarrassment of his mates defending him will hurt. The bloke will come back stronger and I am thinking may be even a goal on Friday night. COYR Cmon Flinty!

When you say 'time after time' I'm assuming you mean the number of mistakes he keeps making....seriously granted he is an ever present but the number of costly mistakes he's made this season is on par with King Korey.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

How about you sort yourself out. Who the **** are you??!!

Aden Flint helped us get to this league and yes his reaction was odd after the penalty, but what he lacks in quality makes up for in effort and determination. 

People like you are the cancer of our club. Easy to pick on people when times are hard , I bet if we look through your posting history you've licked flints arse when he's playing well so how about you get behind him when times are tough you muppet.

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

When you say 'time after time' I'm assuming you mean the number of mistakes he keeps making....seriously granted he is an ever present but the number of costly mistakes he's made this season is on par with King Korey.

Time and again :laugh:, but he has played well on most occasions, to be frank he has not made that many mistakes compared to the amount of clear chances that have been missed resulting in more pressure on the rest of the team and consequently the amount of pressure the centre backs are put under.

As for Korey, I would not play him. Which unless LJ has completely lost the plot he wont be on Friday. Brownhill had a great game in there and earned his start!

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

How about you sort yourself out. Who the **** are you??!!

Aden Flint helped us get to this league and yes his reaction was odd after the penalty, but what he lacks in quality makes up for in effort and determination. 

People like you are the cancer of our club. Easy to pick on people when times are hard , I bet if we look through your posting history you've licked flints arse when he's playing well so how about you get behind him when times are tough you muppet.

Without knowing his individual posting history, he strikes me more like the type (one of many) who can't say anything good when we are doing well and sit there sharpening their knives, waiting for when we hit a bad spell. 

Archived