IGNORED

Johnson out

Topper 123

10 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We cant keep sacking managers it does not work. 

As much as I want agree with this, sometimes not sacking managers doesn't work either.

Would we have survived last season had Cotterill stayed? It seems unlikely. Would we have been promoted if SOD had stayed? The reality is that our recent history has shown that sacking a manager DOES work.

Not wanting to keep sacking managers is a noble aim but not in itself a reason for not sacking Johnson. Reading to me now feels like do-or-die for him.

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I would bet money that's what will happen, when SL finally admits defeat with LJ

Oh I have no doubt about that. I'm just not happy about it. The transition from coach to manager isn't ana easy one. Plus JP has been here for some time now. A fresh face would be better (imo).

We've been down that route with Millen.

Have to agree, last couple of years as a player he bottled it on the pitch, never wanted the ball in a tight situation, constantly putting us in a defensive situation when we had been happily moving forward, We are now seeing the same thing, young attacking players chomping at the bit to make a difference, do they get a chance? No they are lucky if they get a place on the bench in a cup game. LJ would rather carry on with the same stale formula - or should that be HIS SAFE formula, if he has not yet lost the dressing room he soon will!

BCFC the best stadium in div 1 - that's the future at the moment

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

And the reason ? They were never the right choice.

The failure lies firmly with one man - SL who has made those appointments

We need, and fast, professional input at Board Level

Can anyone name our Board? When did a member of the Board last make a public stement?  

Therein lie our fundamental problems, plus the sheer arrogance of the Bristol Sport project

What the f,,, is your problem with Steve Lansdown? every time you get any opportunity its like a stuck f,,,,,,,,, record and boring as sh,,

have you considered without him  bankrolling us we may not have a club, 

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

All of the above have had about 10 managers each in the last 5 years. Great examples of well run clubs

Yes but they were clubs going in one direction not like ours

Well perhaps we are going in one direction, but sadly not the right one

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Oh I have no doubt about that. I'm just not happy about it. The transition from coach to manager isn't ana easy one. Plus JP has been here for some time now. A fresh face would be better (imo).

We've been down that route with Millen.

I agree, but Pemberton was unlucky not to get the nod after SC and how he turned form around and brought in Tomlin etc from nowhere which sugests connections and nouse... right now its about stopping the rot not so much the medium term future

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I agree, but Pemberton was unlucky not to get the nod after SC and how he turned form around and brought in Tomlin etc from nowhere which sugests connections and nouse... right now its about stopping the rot not so much the medium term future

Tomlin was bubbling under Cotts.

5 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

What the f,,, is your problem with Steve Lansdown? every time you get any opportunity its like a stuck f,,,,,,,,, record and boring as sh,,

have you considered without him  bankrolling us we may not have a club, 

Just think carefully. Yes I believe the buck does stop with SL, and he is patently failing.

of course, the club would have gone on, as it will when SL has had enough.

No man, even a multi millionaire with a plaything, is irreplaceable

But what really frightens me is not SL's inability to appoint managers in anything approaching a professional way, but the dark legacy of Bristol Sport, and a club ground no longer owned by the club with which City may be saddled for decades to come

LJ won't be sacked and won't resign, SL will back him in the January transfer window and we won't be like other clubs who follow the sacking cycle - not this time

Admittedly we are on a poor run and the squad need a boost, bit of luck, rub of the green just something to snap us out of this run. We are not getting hammered week in week out like 12 months ago and the first 12 games of the season many were patting LJ on the back and saying what a bright young Manager he is.

Give the team and club your support as they need it more than ever at the moment

8 minutes ago, Rob k said:

He's not on the pitch is he? Some of the goals we concede are a ******* disgrace - these are highly paid footballers, they should be able to do the basics 

Exactly. But they are not. We know they can, but are not doing the basics. The players he bought are barely getting in and some just sit on the bench doing nothing, thus we are not changing anything!

Something is severely wrong right now. Its not just we are loosing but the caliber of the goals we give away....Something has to change quickly and if LJ can not do it then someone else will have to!

I keep hearing we are not far off and are losing by the odd goal, however that is often due to teams shutting up shop and getting over the line. Thats football at this level. Get your goal and keep your lead!

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Who replaces him? :ermm:

Well the Board should have an idea,but they wouldn't have a clue as to what to do, so they will do nothing. But as to who would want to come? I don't really know, however our squad looks threadbare of Championship quality players, one  are on this run, we need a good window, but can't really see us attracting what we need.

Thankfully we are still 7 points from the dreaded, which is about 8-10 matches worth if we continue this run.

Players like Tomlin should be busting a gut, he is not, Lee has to sort this one out asap, don't care who he thinks he is, he seems to be the main problem. Need another Wilbs type,  who can defend set pieces too, and in truth all the squad need to be more fluid, and work a lot harder. The goals we are conceding are terrible, mostly down to not getting in where it hurts.

As I keep saying, too soft.

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

LJ won't be sacked and won't resign, SL will back him in the January transfer window and we won't be like other clubs who follow the sacking cycle - not this time

Admittedly we are on a poor run and the squad need a boost, bit of luck, rub of the green just something to snap us out of this run. We are not getting hammered week in week out like 12 months ago and the first 12 games of the season many were patting LJ on the back and saying what a bright young Manager he is.

Give the team and club your support as they need it more than ever at the moment

I really wish people would stop mentioning the fact we're 'not getting spanked'. 

Archived