IGNORED

Johnson out

Topper 123

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Just think carefully. Yes I believe the buck does stop with SL, and he is patently failing.

of course, the club would have gone on, as it will when SL has had enough.

No man, even a multi millionaire with a plaything, is irreplaceable

But what really frightens me is not SL's inability to appoint managers in anything approaching a professional way, but the dark legacy of Bristol Sport, and a club ground no longer owned by the club with which City may be saddled for decades to come

just bored you jump on the bandwagon of any bad result, someones had a cold pie, ect  blah blah blah - no mater what you talk the same shit at every opportunity to attack SL

41 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Where's all this lost the dressing room come from? The recent performances I've seen haven't been good, admittedly, but no evidence to show he's lost the dressing room in my eyes. Are some just spouting clichés now we're in poor form and want him out?

Plenty of stories about Cheddar - senior pros not 'with' the manager

If you think they are just stories - try Tomlins outburst at LJ from the pitch at Huddersfield in front of whole bench and team - and allegedly the content of the outburst was as bad as it gets 

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

just bored you jump on the bandwagon of any bad result, someones had a cold pie, ect  blah blah blah - no mater what you talk the same shit at every opportunity to attack SL

Sorry you aren't able to attack the argument but instead become personally abusive.  I rest my case.  It is for others to agree or disagree

Ive posted this many times now over the last 7 or so years but te problem is the club. 

I have absolutely no faith that sacking Johnson will herald the dawn of a bright new future. We are reactionary and make awful decisions when it comes to recruitment.

You could see a mile off that the promotion season under Coterill was a flash in the pan yet people still believed that players like Flint and freeman were somoehow good enough to compete in the Champioship.

This season has been awful. Even during the start you could tell we were actually not very good and relied on some huff and puff and taking more chances that a team normally would.

But, sadly rhe last 10 years has conditioned me to this kind of smoke and mirrors bullocks. A new manger will come in, **** knows what will happen but I'll still be here and the merry go round keeps spinning. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you think they are just stories - try Tomlins outburst at LJ from the pitch at Huddersfield in front of whole bench and team - and allegedly the content of the outburst was as bad as it gets 

Really?.... if that was the case, then Tomlin should have been a gonner, just cannot afford that to happen and still have respect from the players.   

10 minutes ago, INCRED said:

LJ won't be sacked and won't resign, SL will back him in the January transfer window and we won't be like other clubs who follow the sacking cycle - not this time

Admittedly we are on a poor run and the squad need a boost, bit of luck, rub of the green just something to snap us out of this run. We are not getting hammered week in week out like 12 months ago and the first 12 games of the season many were patting LJ on the back and saying what a bright young Manager he is.

Give the team and club your support as they need it more than ever at the moment

We have lost 8 out of the last 9 games nothing to do with luck, rub of the green or any other baloney.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Really?.... if that was the case, then Tomlin should have been a gonner, just cannot afford that to happen and still have respect from the players.   

Unless he has apologised and starts putting a shift in I think he will be

And maybe not only the surprise departure

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It won't happen - yet.

LJ just signed an extension to his contract. He's SLs golden boy to boot.

Should things not improve by the spring then LJ might get sacked but with a very handsome pay off.

So if we get a 'spanking' on Monday and then lose in the cup to Fleetwood ( which wouldn't surprise me ) do you think LJ is still fireproof?

I have a feeling in that scenario the masses will turn and SL may be forced, against his own preference, to act.

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Who the **** cares what the "big boys" think. So sick of starting again every 12 months its not progress

I couldn't give **** either, but it just highlights the shambolic amateur mindset at this club. Nothing much has changed in the 35 years I have been a supporter. It's like bloody groundhog day, and then some.

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well firstly the story you've used there is the only one I've heard, I'd be interested to hear about any others?

Also, one outburst, even if that bad, doesn't mean the dressing room has gone. Tommo had a game on the bench and in my eyes is still playing for LJ. Punishment taken, hands shaken and moved on, no? If it is that bad then the board should back Johnson and lose Tomlin even if it's at a loss.

18 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Bloke spends multi millions and constantly gets accused of being cheap!!!....However LJ is starting to look like a very poor manager 

That was my impression of LJ before City appointed him -  or a bang average and completely unproven lower league manager at very best.

Nothing to recommend him for City in the Championship except being known, and liked, by the Lansdowns.

What a huge risk to take when the likelihood was always that he'd be miles out of his depth. 

Why on earth did SL appoint him?

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So like any other year with any other manager then?!

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So if we get a 'spanking' on Monday and then lose in the cup to Fleetwood ( which wouldn't surprise me ) do you think LJ is still fireproof?

I have a feeling in that scenario the masses will turn and SL may be forced, against his own preference, to act.

I know things are pretty dire,  but have we even been "spanked" yet under LJ?

4 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Well firstly the story you've used there is the only one I've heard, I'd be interested to hear about any others?

Also, one outburst, even if that bad, doesn't mean the dressing room has gone. Tommo had a game on the bench and in my eyes is still playing for LJ. Punishment taken, hands shaken and moved on, no? If it is that bad then the board should back Johnson and lose Tomlin even if it's at a loss.

The fact that it did happen, and then the fall out in the dressing room can be a problem that is the Elephant in the room, no one speaks of it but it ruins what the manager wants from his players for them to run through brick walls for him...they are demonstrating that they won't. 

Can you imagine this scenario with someone like Steve Bruce? 

10 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

From what I've heard , and I trust where I heard it very strongly

LT not only senior player to voice his opinions to LJ

and LJ has lost respect of dressing room 

I don't know the reasons why , tactics ? Selections ? Outing players publicly ? ( ROD Sheffield Weds for example )

One things for sure not many sides with a happy dressing room go on this sort of run

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That was my impression of LJ before City appointed him -  or a bang average and completely unproven lower league manager at very best.

Nothing to recommend him for City in the Championship except being known, and liked, by the Lansdowns.

What a huge risk to take when the likelihood was always that he'd be miles out of his depth. 

Why on earth did SL appoint him?

He had a good reputation with some influential people, including at Man City it seems. Of course Brendan Rodgers told us what a great coach SOD is so reputation as a coach doesn't necessarily translate into capability as a manager.

Archived